1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

what is a roofie?and what does it do to the body?

Discussion in 'Pharmacology' started by Basher85, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Basher85

Basher85 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    So, I went out with a bunch of my friends last night and we started drinking after the 2nd drink a friend of mine hands me a drink. So, i drank it obv not thinking anything about it but after that drink i had to leave and meet up with some other friends. After that it's been a huge blur. supposedly i took a cap from one place to the other which i don't remember at all. Then inside the club i was in and out of conciousness. I threw up more than six times and still after almost 24hrs still dont feel good. I called my frined and asked him if he put anything in my drink and he joked around about putting a roofie in my drink and then denied it. What am i suppose to do how can i find out if it was a roofie or not.

2. Mint boi

Mint boi Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    roofie is slag for rohypnol if i am not mistaken! wow 2 spiked drink threads in one night!

Gimme a sec and ill quote lostgurls advice from the last thread

^^^^
    good advice if you want to find out if and what you were spiked with.

3. beena

beena Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    Yeah, roofie is slang for rohypnol, which has a nasty reputation for being a popular date-rape drug.

4. Perception Addict

Perception Addict Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Seriously, this is like an epidemic.

Ok, here's a thread on flunitrazepam (rohypnol):

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37789&highlight=flunitrazepam

Doing a google search for erowid flunitrazepam experiences will yield a number of reports on the substance. This may or may not be helpful, as the reports are probably geared toward recreational doses.

Use the forum search engine and read up a bit. There is a wealth of information here, already written and discussed.

Good luck, i hope your friend didn't drug you. All the same, maybe you shouldn't accept drinks from that person anymore!

5. nopeitwasntme

nopeitwasntme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Pretty sure I got slipped a "mickie" or "roofie" a couple years ago at a club. I was on the second cocktail when all of a sudden swim's legs just gave way, feeling like wet noodles. I saw the whole room go all "Batman" and tilt at an angle that I couldn't straighten-out in swim's brain; vision kinda "tunneled" and got fuzzy; it sounded like I had a wad of cotton in each ear and swim remember falling into person after person, but speech capapbilities were zero--so I couldn't say, "Sorry, I don't know what's happening! Help!" swim just remember going totally limp; dead weight like a rag doll; then a vague memory of being carried out of the club, where swim awoke 4 hours later in a friend's car; wondering what the fuck just happened. It really sucked and I am angry to this day that someone could do that to anyone--even if it wasn't intended for swim (which swim still wonder, cuz swim sure wasn't a very good date--swim DOES KNOW THIS MUCH!). Hope you are better now. My advice would be never , ever accept an open beverage without knowing it's ENTIRE route from manufacturer's container to your mouth. swim watches every bartender like a hawk now, and NEVER accepts a free drink without seeing it poured swimself. Too bad it has to be this way, but welcome to the new fucking ruthless-asshole plagued millenium, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  6. Spelvin

Spelvin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    same here, I had something slipped in his drink at a gay bar by a guy who Swim later found out knew how to say "want to buy some crack?" in spanish...
    so lets take a post to remind people for the trillionth time NEVER leave your drink unattended!!! Take it to the bathroom with you if you must, and make a habit of keeping your hand over the top of yr drink as well, whenever you look away, just to be extra safe. You may be paranoid but you'll be safe.
    As for rohypnol, it causes one to lose consciousness fairly quickly and often causes a blackout ("forget-me-nows", Gob's amnesia-inducing pills from Arrested Development, were rooffies) They are prescribed to treat severe insomnia.