what is chronic

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by ecs24soldier, Sep 29, 2005.

1. ecs24soldier

ecs24soldier Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know this is gonna sound like a stupid question but I am 26 years old and I remember in high school everybody talking about smoking the chronic. At that time it was explained to me as weed dipped in chemicals. I haven't heard anyone even reffer to it in years. Can someone tell me what the deal is?

2. stephanee

stephanee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Isn't it just californian vernacular for a particularly strong variation of good old cannabis sativa?

To anyone who's tried both - how does it compare to skunk?

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's a grade of marijuana. 'chronic' is referred to as a better quality usually implying it was grown indoors, taken care of well, was not exposed to any males so has no seeds, and has a high quality taste and smell to it with very little stem weight. in some areas chronic means the highest quality available, whereas some areas distinguish between chronic and hydro's (hydro's being even higher quality grown hydroponically)

it seems to me that in europe you refer to skunk as being any higher grade marijuana. whereas in the states chronic is what is used to refer to any higher quality marijuana and 'skunk' is a specific strain.
    Edited by: pinkavvy

4. ecs24soldier

ecs24soldier Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wow I feel stupid thanks for the info

5. Red_Baran

Red_Baran Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    where im from chronic is actuley weed with coke sprinkled on top (the northwest)

6. pokeymcsmot420

pokeymcsmot420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    same here red baran,

around here the term chronic implies a coke weed mixture

there is also a strain named chronic however

7. antigenesis

antigenesis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Don't; everybody has to learn sometime. Around here chron is just
    higher grade stuff as said before, though not necessarily seedless
    (theres good chronic that isn't sinsemilla). Also, where I am,
    weed and coke is called coco-puffs.

8. ecs24soldier

ecs24soldier Newbie

Reputation Points:
    now I wonder where the rumor came from that it was weed dipped in cleaning products. Where I'm from people called high grade pot kgb or hydro or kind bud. the thought of smoking weed dipped in cleaning products really freaked me out. I wonder if people actually did this?

9. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It's very unlikely. Weed is more-or-less unsmokable if it's dipped in anything like that.

You shouldn't worry as much as I should. Over here, some people microwave their hash in order to cut it, see that it cracks and falls to pieces and actually dip it in diesel in order to bind it back together again. It's fucking horrific, and you can always tell if it's diesel-dipped because within a few tokes, you will get a pounding headache.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  10. ecs24soldier

ecs24soldier Newbie

Reputation Points:
    wow I remember in high school that there was a very large amount of that around it was very very cheap and also very bad. It came with some story about being smuggled in 55 gallon oil drums in a boat that sank and the barrels were salvaged. Supposedly the reason it tasted so bad and was so black was that it had absorbed diesal from the boat. This is the best part it was called sea hash. SWIM always gets a kick over these fairy tale legends about drugs.

11. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    stop listening to your friends. weed with coke is called primo, all over the northwest. I am also from the northwest and travel to all areas of it all the time, and chronic is a term of high grade marijuana. :p

12. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM Grew up in the Southwest (Of Canada) which is basically the same as the Northwest of the states - Chronic to us was always good bud, like Pinkavvy said. With coke it was Coco-Puffs.

13. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    good mids with just 1 or 2 seedsEdited by: searcher

14. Red_Baran

Red_Baran Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Um thats nice, where im from its weed with coke. just because you have never head the term used like that, doesnt mean its not. yes i agree itis also a term for highgrade weedEdited by: Red_Baran

15. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    i am from maryland and here it is reffered to as both but among white people its pot with coke among black people its high grade weed.

16. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    in california "chronic" is just pretty much a synonim for "good" so
    people say "yea ive got the chronic shit". i dont understand how you
    could have ever smoked bad chronic because chronic by definition means
    good, its not a specific strain. if you were ever sold weed as
    "chronic" and it wasnt good, then it wasnt chronic. around here weed
    with coke is called chewy.

17. Ebatra

Ebatra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Where Swim lives, like California, 'Chronic' is a term used for excellent weed. 'Hydro' on the other hand is high quality weed grown indoors.

18. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    O.k just because this post has already been brought back I suppose I'll clear it up. Many people use the word "chronic" to describe different types of weed, these people are using slang and as we all know slang can vary from region to region. Feel free to use what ever slang you want, with your friends or with people in your region but when coming to an international forum try not to answer questions with slang terms, rather, use facts.

Q. what is chronic

A. Chronic is the name of a specific STRAIN of Cannabis Indica.

19. geezaman

geezaman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM knew of chronic as a strain of weed, but didnt know of it in the sense of a quality of weed although had noticed in mentioned like this on the forum a few times. Around centeral UK if you buy white widow you could be buying either weed of the strain white widow or weed with coke added to it. Most dealers I have come across, and those his friends have could not name the strain of weed they have, so white wiodow is presumed to be weed with coke sprinkled with it.