What is Dissociation?

Discussion in 'Dissociatives' started by Coated, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Coated

Coated Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have tried DXM many times. I don't exactly know what a dissociate is. Meaning, how does it feel to be dissociated?

I remember when he did DXM, not only when he was on it, but a few days afterwards he felt sort of "out of touch" with his senses. Does that make sense? Can someone else describe their feelings of dissociation?

2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    'Dissocation' in this context refers to the separatation of mind and body, I believe.

3. LucidDeathTrip

LucidDeathTrip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    To SWIM, being dissociated is far more than being "out of touch" with his senses. When dissociated, SWIM becomes what (feels) like a ghost. He has almost no thoughts at all going through his head and he is at peace with the entire world. He sees things for what they are, the beauty behind them, without any previous knowledge influencing him. Being dissociated is like being born again into the world. For hours I am like a child staring in awe at the enormous mystifying world around him. It's like being a zombie, but in a good way. On dissociatives, SWIM's mind is on autopilot and his spirit is able to roam the world boundlessly.

4. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    edited.
    Depends which dissociative.
    DXM is like living in a dream. Everything seems new and foriegn. There is a childish euphoria. You feel disconnected from everything and everyone but communication is easy. Scenes are very choppy and you'll feel like your in multiple places at once.
    PCP more knocks you out of reality. You'll feel slow and sometimes heavy. Your feet get stuck, feel as if they were melting into the ground ... yet your as light as a feather. There is less concious command, and talking is difficult. You'll be in a street, but the street won't 'click,' and you'll feel nowehere, like not existing. Scenes are cut into long frames integrated slowly.

It's tough to remember, though.. almost impossible, since you cant describe non-existence.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  5. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    on DXM swim always felt like a ghost floating over the surface of the earth.
    The senses dont work anymore, you still can see but everything is blurry and doublevision, the words you speak sound like far away, when you talk to somebody, it feels like you cant control the words you say, everything comes from itself. senses dont seem important anymore and your mind is free because you cant concentrate on anything. Time passes by very slow.
    Nitrous is another nice dissociative. The effects are short but much more intense than DXM. You get totally cutoff from reality.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  6. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I feel that when dissociated his brain feels like its running 100 times faster than normal. I think this is because his brain isn't focusing on running the body as much and focussing more on the mind. Dreams can become real and you can pretty much be anywhere in the world you want. even if its just a wave of energy. While in the k hole, swim can close his eyes and imagine a place to be and he can see it as if he was really there. Swim can visit his past memories stored deep inside his brain that he forgot about many years ago.. swim loves ketamine :D

7. FriedBrains

FriedBrains Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    That's odd, SWIM never felt like that.. SWIM just feels like I am moving around really oddly, I felt happy, and sound was very distorted.. I also have a lot of closed eye visuals.. But that's about it.

8. tupacalypse88

tupacalypse88 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I felt like everything was a thousand miles away. Sounds seemed very distant to swim, and I couldnt decipher reality from a dream.

9. keats

keats Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For SWIM dissociatives have always made him feel a complete lack of understanding of himself and his surroundings. The higher the dose the more confused he gets, with nitrous being the most intense but shortest lasting, then ketamine, then dxm (I have never tried pcp). I find himself trying to get a bearing on his surroundings but being unable to, IE SWIM might think things like: "Where am I? In New York? What does that mean, where is new york? What the fuck am I doing here? Im on a bed, but what does that mean?" etc. That's sort of a poor description, but after countless discussions with other users of dissociatives on how to describe their effects (especially nitrous) I have yet to hear anything that even gets close to describing the experience accurately.

10. drbeer

drbeer

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just loves moving while on DXM. It makes him feel as if he would be floating in his sleep. He also loves how he doesn't feel pain nor anything his feet, body and throat touches (he still feels his hands though). The only weird thing is that he feels like his brain would split in three or more parts.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The Saudi Prince Khalem found this true, too. It was like diamonds to Washington! Such a prize!

12. big_mac

big_mac Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I think dissotiatives reduce all input from your 5 senses and at higher doses completely disconects you from your 5 human senses and enables u to percieve reality in a way that is very difficult to describe,
    SWim has done ketamine and nitrous, will try DEX one day