What is or has been your worst drug addiction?

Discussion in 'General Addiction discussion' started by bcStoner420, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Alcohol

51 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Amphetamines/Meth

57 vote(s)
    11.2%
  3. Benzodiapenes

15 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Cocaine/Crack

58 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. Hallucinogens (lsd, mushrooms, mescaline)

3 vote(s)
    0.6%
  6. Marijuana

59 vote(s)
    11.6%
  7. Opiates/Opioids

134 vote(s)
    26.4%
  8. XTC

13 vote(s)
    2.6%
  9. Nicotine

82 vote(s)
    16.1%
  10. Other...

36 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    We are choosing our top 1 drug addiction we currently have or had in the past.

If you choose other please say what it was.

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I went with alcohol. It's so easy for it to creep into your life, and it's so easy to just crack open a beer, then another, then another. It's also one of those things that you do when your bored. Swim used to drink the hard stuff but things just got to far outa control so swim only drinks beer now.

3. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    SWIM voted MJ as that is the only drug he has experienced withdrawal symptons from after taking a break from prolonged use. He smoked everyday pretty much for 3 months then stopped for a week and as the week went on he found himself becoming constantly frustrated, irritated and pissed off even at the smallest things

4. Sasquatch64

Sasquatch64 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    58 y/o from U.S.A.
    I would say with out a doubt that the withdrawals from methadone treatment were the most brutal than any other I have experienced-(cocaine,meth,benzo,MJ,alochol,H,GMB) I'M not sure if it was the colds sweats or the body aches or throwing up or sneezing 40 or 50 times in a row or the running nose or coming out of my skin or the goosebumps all over that I enjoyed the most. Nice to be off of the government sponsored treatment program. It did serve it's purpose to get me off of oxy and morphine etc for my back injuries.

5. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Over the past thirty or so years I have quit a lot of substances, but them damn cigarettes are gonna kill me yet. Can't seem to shake that monkey.

6. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    chocolate. It gives me skin problems and weight, I have tried to quite eating chocolate many times, but it has not worked out. Speed, weed, benzos or any other psychoactives I've tried has never become an obsession to me so far over the years.

7. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    As swim revisits this thread, swim recalls the difficulty that came with opiates. Swim still goes with alcohol since it's available at any ol corner store, but opiates can so easily creep into your daily rutine. Basically, they go well with any situation, and it's hard not to make excusses to use. One must exercise extreme restraint to prevent addiction, cause it's one hell of a nasty bitch.

I have met opiate addicts of all kinds, from middle aged house wives, to chronic pain sufferers, to the junkie living under the bridge. It's also kinda strange to see the people you went to school with become the latter of that list.... Opiates are great for easing pain, but they also come with a lifetimes worth of suffering.

8. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Good turnout on the voters so far! Everyone has good opinions and reasons for their vote. I wonder if statistics like this will ever be taken seriously and used in any kind of real scientific research or anything like that. What better info than coming straight from the users themselves.

Up until now I never beleived those warnings how nicotine can be more addictive than cocaine or heroin. It probably depends on the person alot but these numbers show Nicotine is the most addictive substance for the most people so far.

9. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    cocaine/crack, swims only had contact once in the last 13 years. prior to that it was a living hell for a 2years. lying, stealing, just selling your freakin soul really. boy that stuff gets so deep into the core of your being, you've got no morals whatsoever. had one weak (well defiant really) moment outa rehab a year ago where he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, made sure he didn't go back down that road again.

next in line would be alcohol. people think cause it's legal it's okay. probably most dangerous drug there is. encourages aggressiveness, violence, makes you sloppy, cocky, so hard to just say no more too. it's very sneaky. when you start getting the shakes, it's easy to fix, just drink some. that's when it gets ugly.

Opiates I has had experience but not enough for the blues. he's had alot of freinds that were good examples of what happens when.... never seemed like much fun.

10. morrison

morrison Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For swim it is easily meth with coke a close second. I would actually prefer coke to begin with but it just became harder and harder for swim to find. Whenever swim contacted his goto person if it wasn't available the meth was and eventually that became ok.

Yeah, I agree that is the bitch about weed. With it all is good and a peson can take shit in stride. With out it every mole hill becomes a mountain, lol. The problem with these mood swings is that as a chronic smoker you know if and when you run out, or if you just choose to quit or mellow out on it for a few days, you know that they'll be coming your way and even armed w/that knowledge, there isn't much you can do to stop it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  11. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    it was a tossup between dxm and opiates...opiates had some horrible physical withdrawals (that were relieved, ironically, only through dxm use) but at least I didnt get any depression or cognitive effects. but after using dxm biweekly to weekly for a couple years, I had depression and bizarre thought patterns (as well as insane cravings) for two months. definitely ugly, either way. but opiates topped it out since theyre so easy to overuse, contribute well to whatever one is doing, and lead to the delusion that one is only fun to be around when they are accessible.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  12. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Methadone for sure. I have never known withdrawal can get so bad until after he tried to kick methadone.

Although, day to day heroin addiction was much more damaging to my life. Methadone just made him more dependent on a stronger drug.

Although swim hates methadone more than anything, it must of served its purpose in some kind of painful way.

13. -k4ge

-k4ge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o from earth
    I am pretty sure he is addicted to the sensation of being high.

14. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    swim chose benzos alright, what a nightmare to quit and most of all: staying away from it afterwards. I have taken extreme amounts in the past though, even got to the point where I took just under 200 mgs of alprazolam over a day and night. warning: doing that without heavy abuse and building up tolerance for soooome time will most likely end in seizures and/or death.

15. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I wasn't sure if I should bother mentioning this, but since Marijuana has a lot of votes, why not. SWIM emailed me a while back his story or marijuana "addiction", though as he was writing it, it became long, personal, and off-topic in some parts, so much that I think it's too long to post right here, but uh, the longness and personallness probably comes with the fact that it's about addiction.

http://www.geocities.com/stigmatalectron/drugaddict.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  16. Ant-Man

Ant-Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I smoked pot in college and had no problem walking away from it (16+ yrs ago), however, you had two drugs listed that carry equal weight as far as his addiction; Nicotine and Coke/Crack. He chose Coke only because it carries heaviest possible reprecussions.

17. thatsall

thatsall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    I chose cigerettes. with opiates second. I believe that my addiction with opiates would have been worse. i think its all due to availability and surrounding. With all the new smoking laws in the states i think this poll might be different in 5-10yrs.

18. Ahuaeynjx

Ahuaeynjx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SUGAR ! Of course as a youngin I was completely addicted to refined sugar and it was the worse withdrawal he ever lived... and I used MANY substances including chemicals and natural ones, Nicotine comes close second ! It took cannabis for SWIM to be able to stop eating so much sweets ; funny enough the food cravings given to him by cannabis were of a more natural nature like cereals nuts and fruits, contrary to most people !

Namase,

Ahu

19. RPS

RPS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM never had a problem quitting MDMA, but SWIM sure does get those moments that he wishes he could be on mdma. I will most likely start doing it again casually, but not to the extent he was into it before.

I have also tryed Coke and Crack, but only once, as he saw how powerful both of them are and how easily they could ruin his life.

SWIM really understands now how crack cocaine can be so largely addictive.

Cheers,

RPS

20. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Opiates, hands down, I am still suffering withdrawals psychologically now from them. They fit into any situation, if your angry, happy, down, up whatever opiates make you feel great until you stop them. Physical withdrawal was one of the worst feelings in My life.

I am currently on alot of Benzo's for sleep so maybe his mind will change but so far I hasnt even got a scent of addiction for anything but opiates.