1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - what is stronger 2 5/500 viks or 1 5/325 perks?

Discussion in 'Hydrocodone' started by jt723, Mar 24, 2012.

1. jt723

jt723 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    wthanx =]what is stronger 2 5/500 viks or 1 5/325 perk?

2. Shwags

Shwags Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    probably 2 vics, I'd say 5mg oxy = 7.5 mg hydro

3. VagabondWraith

VagabondWraith Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from California, U.S.A.
    17 mg of hydrocodone is about equivalent to 5 mg of oxycodone. Each are equivalent to 10 mg oral morphine according to conversion charts. Having taken all three, my opinion is they're probably right. ;)

Source: Opioid/Opiate Conversion chart. You can find this all over the web if you do a search, or on WikiP. Doctors use it as a basic reference tool, as well as the layman. It's quite useful. :)

4. Shwags

Shwags Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    No dude, no. That is absolutely wrong, not even close.

Shwags added 4 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

At the very most the ratio is 2:1 Hydro to Oxy or 10mg hydro = 5mg oxy buy in my experience it is not even that big of a difference.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  5. VagabondWraith

Reputation Points:
  6. Shwags

Shwags Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yeah, but given the variation (ex. 5-6.7) I have a feeling that is based on strictly anecdotal evidence, and I disagree that there is that much of a difference. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries and each time I was on Oxies for the first month and than hydros for the 2nd month. So I have a pretty good amount of personal comparison experience myself, and I refuse to believe that 5mg oxy = 17mg hydro, hydro is not that weak.

Read more: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1113908#post1113908#ixzz1rITFFRo1

7. VagabondWraith

Reputation Points:
    Regardless of what the chart I found says (which I stand by), I can say from personal experience that while hydrocodone doesn't do much for me (3 x 5/325 Norcos), a single 5/325 Percocet (Oxycodone) has a more marked effect. This is when both have been taken on an empty stomach and sans any potentiators such as diphenhydramine, promethazine, or hydroxyzine. :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  8. SolEvil

SolEvil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From personal experience I find that oxycodone is about 1.5x stronger than hydrocodone, perhaps a bit more. A 5mg perk would be about equivalent to 7.5mg of hydrocodone. The high from the two is probably where you get confused in the potency of each. Hydrocodone takes a little longer to kick in(at least for me)and the onset is more gradual while oxycodone's onset is faster and hits you a bit harder. The warm euphoric body high feeling from oxycodone is a bit more pronounced than hydrocodone(again, in my experience) but hydrocodone's mental high is better(in my opinion).

So while perks are about 1.5x stronger than viks, the highs are also slightly different, mostly the body and mental high each give. This is all from personal experience and yours may be different, everyone is affected differently by drugs.

But 5mg of oxycodone equaling 17mg of hydrocodone is ridiculous. For example, the LD50 of hydrocodone is 110mg(I think anyway) and oxycodone comes in 80mg in the form of oxycontin(160mg in Canada so I hear). So if 5mg perk = 17mg vik, thats a 3.4x difference, that 80mg OC would equal 272mg of hydrocodone. More than TWICE the LD50. Even if I'm mistaken in the LD50 thats just way too much.

Im on morphine right now so I cant bring myself to go through the trouble of double-checking all of that.

9. VagabondWraith

Reputation Points:
    I'm sure a chemist/pharmacist could explain the details of it in order to make things perfectly clear for the laypeople; too bad there isn't one around right now to ask. Incidentally, I'm on 12mg doses of hydromorphone now (at this moment in fact), *and* due to it's bioavailability being much less, even insufflated it's only about 40-50%, I don't even try and figure that one out ratio wise until some other time. :)

10. Shwags

Shwags Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Thank you...

Everything you said is on point.

11. Ontario

Ontario Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from Canada
    Oxy is a good two times stronger from my experiance.

If I take 5 percs I need to take 10 Vics...no joke.

12. pup555

pup555 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    5 mg of oxy = 17 mg of hydrocodone?

I take 12 mg hydrocodone and it sure as hell feels close to 7.5 or even 10 oxycodone

13. JJ1234

JJ1234 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is the most accurate info in the whole thread IMO. Oral Hydrocodone is roughly 1.5-2x the strength in both pain relief and the buzz is similar to most but everyone has their own preferences. I think most would prefer the Oxycodone, but my test subjects like the Hyrdocodone better. It takes him 30mg of Hydro to equal 20mg of Oxy which is good for him.

Just remember everyone is different. What is good for someone may kill another.

Edit: By the way, oral morphine sucks in small doses. Also an 80mg Oxycontin is = to about 120-160mg of Hydrocodone! 270mg+ is a massive dose(so are the others) and all would kill an opiate naive for sure and then some! It would kill a gram a day heroin addict IMO.

14. Aberdonian

Aberdonian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from scotland
    i doubt it would kill an addict on a gram of h a day , i use roughly that and am prescribed 160mg oxycodone as well iv had days where theres been an h shortage so i have ived 200mg oxy and it didnt even feel like a quarter gram of h ,unless im doing something wrong in my iv prep but even eating 200mg feels much and such the same as the iv dose just slower and no nod as after a gram of h i would be nodding out no problem.

Aberdonian added 8 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

sorry that post after re reading it looks like dick sizing, everyones different i just seem to have a natturally high tolerance and some people would get more from the oxy than the h, opiate naive people would def die from a dose like that! sorry if my post looked like that

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  15. JJ1234

JJ1234 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    (in bold)Not at all. Prolly wouldn't kill a gram a day user, just wanted to point out it is stronger in some people than others, but is way stronger than most have made it too bee IMO(Hydrocodone that is). No offense taken at all.

16. Aberdonian

Aberdonian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from scotland
    I'd like to b able to have an opinion on the hydrocodone but for some strange reason we don't have it here I went from dhc to oxycodone to fentanyl 75mcg plus ir oxy to higher dose contin and oxy ir no idea why we don't have it as an inbetween like MST ?

17. Xprestion

Xprestion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    The neurotic pain relief is about equal however the Vic's would be stronger from the higher amount of acpt. However I would take the oxy euphoria wise it's a lot more speedy high.

Xprestion added 7 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

The boa of hydro and oxy is around 85% orally so I doubt iv would be much stronger then just eating the stuff of course you get the rush tho.

Xprestion added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

The boa of hydro and oxy is around 85% orally so I doubt iv would be much stronger then just eating the stuff of course you get the rush tho.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
Tags: