Opinions - What is SWIY's Opinion of Amanita Muscaria?

Discussion in 'Amanita' started by jarka, Jul 3, 2004.

1. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    What do you ppl think about amanitas? Anyone tried them? Comments?

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Would not try them in a thousand years. Psilocybe mushrooms are true magic, amanita are only for people that do not have access to psilocybe mushrooms in my opinion.

3. deadmoap

deadmoap Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Amanita Muscaria... should I order some?

I found a website that sells dried Amanita Muscaria mushrooms for (edited)
    an ounce. Compared to my friends that pay (edited) for an eighth of
    'shrooms, I think this is pretty damned good.

But are these type of mushrooms less potent or legal or something? I
    just don't see how it's legal for a website to be selling "magic"
    mushrooms and get away with it. The dose for these shrooms should be
    the same or any other shroom right?

I was going to save my money until I find an AMT/DMT source, but I am
    very attracted by its ridiculously low price, and how much money SWIM
    could make.

Also, I've never even tripped before... on anything. The thought gets my heart pumping... *whips out credit card*

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2005
  4. TranceAddict

TranceAddict Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I and someone else tried it about a week ago. honestly other than
    feelin a little slow, nothing happened. I am concerned maybe i burned
    them (put em in an oven for abour 2-3 mins before eating them) even
    though they did come dry.

We also tried two strains...didnt do much either.

has anyone has positive experiences on this? I havnt consider trying but dont know if its simply because I burned them.

5. transit

transit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    61 y/o
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2005
  6. katukulysm

katukulysm Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    many websites sell things like that. and they're not the

same as magic mushrooms.

7. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    Amanita muscaria contains ibotenic acid and muscimol. The effects are a lot
    different than the psilocybin mushrooms.

They're legal, but they also have a lot of bad side effects and are a lot harder
    on your body than the psilocybins.

Here's Erowid's little dosage thing:

Oral Amanita muscaria Dosages

Light
    1 - 5 g (1 medium cap)

Common
    5 - 10 g (1 - 3 medium caps)

Strong
    10 - 30 g (2 - 6 medium caps)

Onset : 30 - 120 minutes
    Peak : 1 - 2 hours
    Duration : 5 - 10 hours (higher doses seem to last longer)
    Normal After Effects : 1 - 5 hours

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  8. deadmoap

deadmoap Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Fuck! I knew it was too good to be true.

I'm having such a hard time finding vermiculite at a local store...
    hell I can't even find any brown rice. I found a half pint jar at a
    thrift store, though it doesn't have a lid. I would just order all my
    crap online, but I'm trying to save money... and going through all this
    work just for some shrooms, when I could make better use of my money by
    buying a 250 watt HPS for my pot or buy some AMT/DMT and a cheap scale.

9. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I wouldn't be too dismissive, amanitas sound pretty interesting. They're definitely worth a try, especially considering the price.

10. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    the amanitas are very stange one time a lil bit could totally trip yuo out but another with like an ultra high dose would do nothing

11. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I've tried Fly Agarics (Amanita Muscaria) three times - one large cap each time. The first was dried and eaten - felt very ill but no trip. The second was fresh - threw up but no trip. The third was boiled in milk and then drink the milk - no effect at all. I've given up with them, but other people do seem to get results - very variable I guess!

12. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    I had areally great time just eating the fresh caps. Not too insightful apparently but loads of fun just laughing and falling about in the woods. Everybody's different but he raved about them! Edited by: Mezza

13. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think it would be amoral to buy and sell these to unsuspecting ppl, because they are unlike anything ive found going around it would be like giving a person a bowl of sally and saying its pot, you could really mess them up

14. Ninja Master

Ninja Master Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    my boy I said the muscarias i sent him zapped him good. that he was getting down with his viking brothers. i dryed them, and he cooked them slowly in a pan of stew. ive never tryed these due to all the bad talk about them. they are very interesting to hunt and study, but for edibility im not so sure.... i like my liver and need some evidence that says these mushrooms do not cause any physical damage. i know that they will not cause damage the way that amanita phalloides or amanita virosa will. a. phalloides and a. virosa toxins loop in your body causing more and more damage each pass, and your body cannot eliminate the toxins. its a very slow and painfull death, 1 cap can kill a whole family. touching those kinds of amanitas is also a very bad idea. get some fresh habenero peppers, break them open and play with the juices with your fingers. it will give you an idea of how easily you could contaminate your self with the toxins. as for buying from an online vendor i recomend against this. i honestly believe that they will take any thing from anyone mixed grab bag style.....

Z

15. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    deadmoap- Wow, you win the prize for Jackass of the day.

First off, price discussion is not allowed.

Secondly, I have a problem with what you're planning. Looking for a cheap mushroom to pass off to your friends at ripoff prices. Planning on buying amt/dmt and selling as LSD even though neither one of those is anything even remotely similar to lsd. I feel this is wrong.

Amnita mescaria's are nothing like the cubensis your friends buy. And if you try to pass it off as such, you may be beat up. And will deserve it IMO. The dosage is much higher than that of cubensis, and the high is much less pleasent.

you will not find a source for either AMT or DMT online other than extractions and synthesis, as both are scheduled compounds. DMT is not a recreational drug, and unless you know the right people, you won't make any money off of it. AMT is a 20 hour recreation drug that is NOTHING like LSD. And if you attempted to sell AMT as LSD, you mayget severely beat up, and will deserve it IMO.

I met a guy recently that was just like you, trying to make a quick buck being a dishonest and dangerous person. They took some DOI and diluted it down with Tonic Water (so that it glowed) and tried to pass it off as LSD. Some kids were at the rave that purchased some 'viles' off of the asshole guy, and one of them decided to take 20 hits. Now, understand if this were real LSD, other than a intense trip, the kid would have done fine. The kid started freaking out, got very sick, and vomited alot. Somebody finally got the guy to admit it was DOI. Luckily the 20hit kid came down and was ok, about 2 days later. Needless to say, the assholoe guy (the one with the same mindset as you) will no longer be welcome at many raves in the area. His greed and ignorance could have cost somebody severely.

Please, examine what you do, what you want, and how you look at these compounds. If dollar signs are all you see, you should grow up a bit and go back to the corporate world or get into coke.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Ninja: the amatoxins from the amanita phalloides, virosa, and many of the galerina mushrooms are not present in the muscaria or pantherina. I studied these critters quite extensively a few years back. I was doing extracts of the phalloides that were gathered in California for testing by a cancer research lab. The nasty trick of these toxins is their ability to strip sulfur off the molecules that form living cells. This causes a progressive collapse of the entire system - you. Very hideous way to go. The only likely help for this type of poisoning is d,l-thioctic acid. And the only stockpile of that is at the Edgewood Arsenal. Read: The US Army. I guess they were afraid that Ivan the Russian Bear was going to cropdust us with toadstools! Yikes!

17. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    I've tried amanitas a couple of times. First time I ate 20g (dry) while I was in Amsterdam. The chick in the shop described the trip as a lot darker and more sinister than normal shrooms. They put me in a trance/hypnotic state for a good few hours. The trip was pretty weird I seemed to not be experiencing full blown hallucinations but my surroundings were very dreamlike. People that passed me were like ghosts, floating past oblivious to me. Was a good trip but nowhere near as fun as a psilocybe trip. The next time I tried them I made a tea with 15g which tasted disgusting and, apart from spacing me out a bit, did nothing. I might try a much bigger dose next time I hit 'dam in January, maybe 40g as I think these shrooms have the potential to produce a very beautiful and inciteful trip.

18. MellowMushroom

MellowMushroom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I have ordered them off the net too. Honestly I couldnt tell you if the net ones work becuse I'm a fuck-tard. I ate 28gs of them one night, I layed on my bed ready to trip balls AND . . . . . . Woke up the next morning. I fell asleep before the trip start. Damn.

What I can tell you is that fresh Amanitas are great. I ate 8 one night and entered a dream state. I left my body and flew around the universe for a long time. I met gaint worms and kept asking for the meaning of life. (but I never got it) Eventually I had to return to my body after an evil cloud started to chase me.

19. CrystalDextro

CrystalDextro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So is a dose of 14g potent enough for a good psychedelic effect or is it way to hard to dose. Hyperreal has a good point don't be dismissive just because of other peoples experiance, it makes since not to try a drug because it may be hard on your liver and body but don't go do something just as bad for body, I'm interested in trying this drug until I have experianced its psychedelic influnence first hand ..... misleading people with pushing drugs as different drugs and people ODing because of stupid people trying to make a buck on ignorant and trusting people helps drugs stay illegal.

20. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Amanitas are nothiing like psilocybies. they contain completely different drugs. The drugs in Amanitas can be fun but they are not psychedellics. they induce their own unique experience.

Also I would not order A. muscaria, I would order A. pantherina as it is often stronger and much less likely to cause illness.