Opinions - What is the best Research Chemical for improving alertness while studying?

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by lineartransform, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Terrapinzflyer

Terrapinzflyer MDMA, RC & News Forums Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  2. BlackAdder

BlackAdder Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Phentermine as well as kava kava extract have been known to help as such.

3. kab224

kab224 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    2-DPMP (Desoxypipradrol) was originally developed as an ADHD drug and from what I have read, it is about as successful as Ritalin. It never got off the ground because 1) it supposedly lasts about 20 hours, which isn't so great for sleeping, and 2) the pharm company had already developed and released Ritalin, making DPMP redundant. It's not a controlled substance in most countries but I'm not an expert in international drug control policies, so if You is interested they should probably check out its legal status.

I have never tried it but is considering it. Her thesis is due in 20 days and she has written 5 pages. The minimum page count is 120. Even if SWIM whips out the old high school tricks (13pt Courier New font, 2.5 spacing, 2" margins, you know), she still needs to crank out about 6 pages a day. :cool: It's an exciting race against time kind of like Dan Brown's latest novel The Lost Symbol. If she does try it out she'll report back.

4. nera

nera Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    The great and dangerous MDPV is stronger then methylphenidate, by its very nature, so if you are looking for the amped study with no real serotonin release then it is a way You can research. Also, it has a bio-availability dosage of 1 - 2 mg, so You could add it to water a a very low dosage and consume it, and it would be a nootropic. Anymore than 1 - 2 or I guess <5mg orally is bad news bears, cause it will fuck You up. When you take it orally and not via nasal or basing or any other method then You are pretty legit on the lack of fending, and its kinda disturbing nature.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2010
  5. gammabetalactone

gammabetalactone Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I found MDPV at low doses perfect, even so when he did a lot and go on a wikipedia crawl he would remember everything he read, he still remembers now.

6. djlure

djlure Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    DMAA for studying and taking tests has worked wonders, also taking Piracetam + Cholin helps brain function.

7. Revolvingdoo

Revolvingdoo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I find low dose desoxy to be amazing for this. However SWIM highly recommends taking it earlier in the day. He finds it to be on par with methylphenidate for these tasks, only slightly more legal:p

8. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    Could 2-DPMP, Phenethlyamine (PEA) or Adrinafil cause a false positive for amphetamines on a drug screen?

Girlie is looking for something that will help her ADHD (because the shrink "does NOT prescribe scheduled substances" & "doesn't believe in stimulants"), but won't cause a positive on her drug screens at the methadone clinic.

*sigh* It would all be much easier if her doc would just prescribe the damn Vyvanse, but, alas, she won't. Even though she's been diagnosed with ADHD. And yes, she's looking for a new doctor - doctors who prescribe antipsychotics for ADHD aren't to be trusted. ;)

Anyway, does anyone know if they will cause a positive for amphetamine? Or a better chem that's legal she should be looking towards?

~Kailey

9. Revolvingdoo

Revolvingdoo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    2-DPMP definately won't:) With regards to the other two, i shouldn't think so! however don't quote me on that!
    Actually, i suspect PEA with an MAOI could well give a positive!

10. bob_arctor

bob_arctor Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    phenetylamine + selegeline is way to jittery to study on for SWIM. low dose desoxypipradrol for just wakefulness, but not enough for stimulation is prefered, if the comparison is to be done.

Sorry, misunderstodd the previous post - didn't realize it was about drug testing. None of those mentioned should produce false positives.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  11. RX420

RX420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    5 iai seemed to have promise..no buzz tho.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  12. FS-Phen500

FS-Phen500 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from russia
    W/out a second's hesitation...PHENIBUT. THE best study drug in existence IMO.

13. frink99887

frink99887 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Does anyone think 4-FA could be used for this?

14. Fastlane420

Fastlane420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from U.S.A.
    2-fa, its just like adderal, be careful with toxicity to the brain though

Fastlane420 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

It's exceptionally cheap too.
    please check out 2-fa on erowid can't link it :(

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  15. jmalanni

jmalanni Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think any of the common stimulant research chems would work well in lower than normal dosages, mephedrone and MDPV pop up in my mind as good candidates, although these may be as hard to get as good ol' amphetamines at this point.

I don't mean to go off topic, but remember (no pun intended) that sleep and breaks are essential to committing things to memory. I attended a lecture by this guy who is an expert in memory and specifically studies studying habits and he said the ideal way to study is to study in 30 minutes sessions with 5-10 minute breaks in between where you do something like take a walk or have a snack that doesn't involve too much mental activity.

And I KNOW this is much easier said than done, but I did try it once and I almost felt as though I was on amphetamines, you sort of get into a "zone" when you study like this and the way the breaks are scheduled you get tired of studying much slower.

I can't find my lecture notes, but they guy was from Kent University so you can probably find him through google.

16. RX420

RX420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from zimbabwe
    5 iai was a decent ADD med imfo becuase of the lack of stimulation you get on stronger stims like adderall and ritalin.

some goosebumps and flashes all was felt after as far as fx go.

my friend was able to concentrate much better,,and wanted to listen..etc

class flew by! but some minor stimulation does occur about 3 hours later! dont dose after an hour or 2 unless you are prepared. Side effects that my dog felt was extremem heart rate, warmth(flushing) , almost like a niacin buzz ( you know, not a buzz, but same body fx)