1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

What is the best thing to use to come off heroin?

Discussion in 'Opiate addiction' started by Rightnow289, May 17, 2009.

?
  1. Street Heroin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Diamorphine

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Methadone

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  4. Buprenorphine

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. DXM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Ibogaine

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  7. Codeine

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  8. Kratom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rightnow289

Rightnow289 Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    What say SWIY?

If SWIY can think of any more pacman will add them if he can.

2. tyranny4u

tyranny4u Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    TT voted for none of the substances. The best things to come off H is
    support by friends and family plus real willingness. That's all. In TT's
    humble opinion.

3. dyingtomorrow

dyingtomorrow Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM seems to hear that Ibogaine is the wonder drug for coming off heroin.

SWIM didn't have that bad of a time coming off of it with Bupe and a little DXM sprinkled in. Course he got right back on it again the second he could after he was "clean."

4. ex-junkie

ex-junkie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from Australia
    swim voted for buprenorphine, however on its own she doubts it would be so good. combined with chlonidine and promethazine, its quite a saviour.

5. pinksox

pinksox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    SWIM concurs with the polypharm approach for opiate tapers/withdrawals. SWIM initially withdrew cold turkey with Bentyl, Clonidine, and a week Valium taper. She was even taken off Zoloft abruptly--which she feels contributed to her long PAWS "depression." She uses quotes because it was often more utter despair and lost feeling mixed with anxiety--horrible really. She'd been stabilized on Zoloft for nearly two-years at that point.

She did unknowingly use DXM at what would be considered low recreational doses. She found it helped her with both the depression and muscles aches/issues. DXM wasn't known to be helpful in this capacity back then...or at least not to SWIM. She found it also satisfied that ever-present urge to "take something." In time, maybe a year or so, SWIM gradually eliminated the DXM without really even thinking about it.

Funny how the body always seems to know what it needs. Like when one craves bananas suddenly and they just happen to be a bit potassium deficient, etc.

6. Spucky

Spucky Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from japan
    AW: What is the best thing to use to come off heroin?

Swim voted for Ibogaine,
    even we have no scientific comparative Study`s about the success!

But it really sounds like a Miracle for many, many People.
    If Swim is still addicted to Morphine-Typ and want to quit
    he definitively choose Ibogaine!

@Op. or Swinys
    what do you think about Brain-Waves and Escape-Withdrawal?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  7. omid_safari

omid_safari Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    sorry for bad english
    swiy must know himself first,
    divide his addiction to :
    1-mentally : think about your life (tommorow and future)
    2-body : control and enjoy the pain ( you know pain will be lost soon and you will be a free man ,think about no-1)
    3- try decrease signs of treat,(use difenoxilate+clonidine+lorazepam+hydroxyzine)
    4-try write your mind and body state on the paper and capture few photos from yourself
    (this will remember you don't back to H,again)
    swim 5 months was clean with 1 and 2, but now 2weeks returned to H again.
    today swim was drunk alcohol and try to clear again.but this time clean forever.
    swim's need more help , so swim invent no-3 to help no-2 then no-4 to help no-1 problem.

it is possible!

8. static_vodka_420

static_vodka_420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    swim says methadone, even at 32mg buprenorphine just wasnt cutting his withdrawals enough , he hasnt tryed iboga but it sounds like the best treatment.. maybe swim will use it to come off the methadone when its time?

9. Benniboi

Benniboi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.K.
    I think it's a fairly ambiguous question- It depends what you mean by 'coming off' if you imply a way of ridding the body of opiates quickly and restoring the body's natural homeostasis, i'd have to say ibogaine! but as everyone with an iota of experience in this field knows; Heroin withdrawal is as much a mental as a physical battle. So Ibogaine may reset the bodies chemical equilibrium, but the enviromental triggers, precursors and cravings will undoubtably remain for some. I think methadone or diamorphine would be first choices for people not looking to go through any withdrawal, but then you're stuck on maintanence or a 'long taper' which invariably doesn't work for everyone either! I think it's highly subjective and even situational depending on mental strength, age, and a plethora of other factors. Bupe is also a great drug to taper off heroin for some, although not really favoured as a maintence drug as the w/d's are fairly hellish! Kratom has also shown some promise as another possible contender- what about tramadol? SWIM found tramadol to be comparable to a low dose of buprenorphine in terms of comfort levels when stopping Heroin

10. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Iboga actually takes away the cravings, as well. SWIM lost his craving for sweets and junk food as well as his craving for opiates after iboga, as well as quit smoking cigs.

11. lost_soul

lost_soul Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Methadone is the best way, followed by codeine, then bupe, then I would say Ibogaine but personally I have never tried ibogaine. Methadone, at the right dosage, can make withdrawal unbelievable (in other words it is as if withdrawal doesn't exist). Codeine can make it bearable - if you wait until you're sick to take the codeine, it's best. Bupe keeps you on the edge. Ibogaine I heard can make it very pleasant, plus it's an experience unto itself. But ibogaine isn't exactly something that you can get right off the street, at least not in my area,

lost_soul

12. metamorph67

metamorph67 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    Hi all, i'm sorry i havent fully read all the threads regarding this subject, i am 43 years old just turned and have been addicted to opiates since first pinching opiates from my mums DDA cabinate back in 1979 ( she was a community midwife) but the drugs contained were omnipom (alkaloids of opium) and several other goodies as i had the keys to the health centre that she worked at. Anyway, ive been around, travelled to most of the opium producing countries, done a global hyperdermic and blown enough money on snowball wanking to write an amusing book. Today i want to comment a little on getting off street smack, and changing your lifestyle long term, ive done this, and stayed off Heroin & Cocaine for over 8 years, i now am a single parent and have full residency of both my children which i concider a privilage concidering what my lifes been about in the past. I am prescribed 50mls of methodone (the evil demon) daily, i get by on 30mls most days, it's a terrible drug to come off compared to Heroin as a cluck will give you NO let up, no forgiveness, no breaks where you may feel elated or actually feel your getting somewhere, just the constant twitching, Yawning, No energy and no sleep. Ive always believed, and this is from experience that to give up either street Heroin or Methodone you are better to get on to a controlled dose of a B.P. opiate such as Dyhdrocodeine or morphine Sulphate, at least that way you are in control and can ride out the good days, and relieve yourself when you just can't stand it anymore, i call this 'keeping in touch with your withdrawel, and with the obvious willpower you will need also, and a private space to cry your eyes out in and masterbate, you may well make it to the 9th day of joy, at this point you will believe your line has snapped, the hook has been ripped from your lip, but beware lady HEROIN CAN STILL REEL YOU IN, you need to call on innner strength, cast away the Vampires (old associates) and become re born, a year or two of lonliness will see you to the other side, where at last you will become a Normy, don't go and replace the drug with booze, that'll rot your body, atleast the opiates slow your metabolism and can extend your life if theyre clean enough, get yourself an interest, go to college, get some new friends, it can be done. I hope i'm making some sense.

What i really need to know of someone is opiate equivelent strengths, namely, what is the equivelent strength of Morphine sulphate in mg to the strength of Methodone (physeptone) in mg. This is because i can easily get hold of the Morphine sulphate and wish to cut down slowly on that, don't forget i'm a single parent, doing a graduate degree, i have to function, i can't take a month of to lock myself away, any replies to this problem would be appreciated.:vibes:

13. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    The thing about ibogaine, is that you don't have to take it again to feel okay. Often one takes one dose and is done.. Cravings and withdrawal are just gone..

The other drugs mentioned all can remove withdrawal, as long as you take it over and over. None of them do anything for cravings or withdrawal if you stop taking them, EXCEPT ibogaine.. SWIM will admit, using a small booster of 500 mgs or less as needed of the Total Alkaloid extract during any minor post acute withdrawal can make it even better, as sometimes, especially when withdrawing from long acting opiates, like methadone, or the worst buprenorphine, one can get some minor withdrawal that shows up after several days due to their long half life and duration.

Nothing compared to what withdrawal feels like normally, but the occasional sneezing or sniffle, goosebumps, maybe only a few hours of sleep a night. But SWIM never felt despair, never wanted to use, even with morphine sitting next to him the whole time. He was clean for 5 years after one dose, until he broke his collar bone badly and was put on pain meds until he developed another habit.

He used iboga again, and again, piece of cake. Sure it did take a week or two before he started getting energy and motivation, but he didn't have much of either on opiates anyways. And it was easy, but there were days he didn't feel like doing anything, etc..

For anyone serious about being done taking something addictive, iboga was the easiest way he ever tried. He was on methadone for 3.5 years, on oxy and heroin for 3.5 years then on vicodin and morphine for ten months after his injury, and he is clean now. He can even take opiates now, although he doesn't have the desire. He took them here and there on occasion during his 5 years of not being addicted, and it had lost it's appeal. He actually only used them maybe once or twice to get high in those 5 years off, and a couple times for broken bones, with no worry of addiction creeping back up on him. The only reason he even got addicted again was for a snapped collar bone, where there was constant pain for months.

Now it's not a miracle, you don't take it and then the next day you feel like a million bucks. As stated, one may feel tired, have very minor post acute withdrawal, but the main thing is the urge to use and the cravings weren't there, which made those minor things, like goosebumps, more than bearable.. It just made him even further resolved to be finished with addiction.

As a side effect he quit sweets, quit cigarettes, and sodas, and started eating healthier. He didn't even plan on those things.. Now he does iboga once in awhile for the remarkable healing and psychedelic effects, but addictions are easy to break with iboga. it helps one unlearn any behaviors that cause them problems, if that's what they're really trying to do.

Feel free to PM me or ask in a thread any questions and I'll do my best to answer..