1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Opinions - What is the best way to take Kratom powder?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by justbeingme, Oct 12, 2012.

1. justbeingme

justbeingme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I ordered some Bali and Red Vein Indo Kratom powder which I just received in the mail today. I took the Bali and mixed it with water and added some kool-aid to mask the taste. The result was it tasted like complete and utter shit - it was honestly horrid and I about blew chunks everywhere. Later on at a friends house I took the red vein indo powder and just tossed it back and washed it down with some Dr. Pepper. The conclusion from this method was horrid as well, about threw up everywhere. Also, the first time I used about 1-2 grams and the second time was about the same. I never really felt any effects but being nauseated from what and I am assuming was the awful bitter taste that made me about lose my stomach. I would prefer not to make a tea as I would not like to drink this nasty shit hot. What is the best to mix the powder with so that it goes down without making one throw up? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  2. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sounds like a terrible way to start Kratom, but there are better techniques fortunately. I've perfected the method of eating Kratom with a spoon, you put a small amount of Kratom (~1 gram at a time) in the front of your mouth and then wash it down with orange juice (OJ is one of the best things to cover up the taste). If you do it right you don't get any on your tongue, and even if you do the OJ washes away the bad flavor immediately.

You can also buy empty pill capsules and fill em up.

Remember to use the search function, this question has been asked many times and there's plenty of info on this forum about it.

3. justbeingme

justbeingme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Indeed a terrible way to start Kratom. And about the search function, I was going to delete my question because the thought did occur to me that this is a redundant and annoying question so I do apologize. I could never figure out how to delete my threads.

About the OJ method, what do you mean by putting it in the front of your mouth? I'm not really understanding...sorry. Yes, I know I'm a noob lol.

4. seaturtle

seaturtle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You put the spoon into your mouth with the Kratom near the front of your spoon, then you trap the Kratom with the tip of your tongue and your lip. Keep it there until you swig the OJ and then gulp it all down. Hard to describe but it'll make sense once you try I think, it'll take some practice. Start with small amounts of powder.

5. profesor

profesor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Colorado, U.S.A.
    I've been mixing it in apple sauce, although I'm going to try to mix it in yogurt too. In your case, maybe use a LOT of sauce. I hear people say "toss and wash" is best, but if you mess up you'll be gagging on powder again.

6. justbeingme

justbeingme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just a quick warning, do NOT mix with yogurt. I just recently tried this method and it was AWFUL, however, everyone's experiences and taste buds differ so for you, it may be okay. I would be hesitant though and try the toss and wash method. Get it down QUICK and in ONE GULP rather than repeatedly eating the shit.

7. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    There is no Best way, its all subjective.

I personally prefare making kratom tea.

You are only using 1-2 grams, so dont expect much. If your kratom is not strong then you probably wont feel anything.

Take 5-10 grams and boil it in a pot with a cup or 2 of water and some lemon/lime juice for 20 minutes. Strain out the powder and drink it all back. It will taste like shit, but it makes for a fast absorption and a stronger initial kick.

I also like to mix it with a little pesto and help that back with some water.

Make sure to take it on an empty stomach.

8. spawesume

spawesume Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    suspend the powdered plant material in beverage of choice, shake prior to each chug/gulp/sip taken, repeat. i really do not see why someone would go about doing the toss and wash method, not to hate, but seriously there are better options. i also find tea to be wasteful, effective or otherwise.

9. Soma Cruz

Soma Cruz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Tea really only works with the leaf kratom in my experience. As for suspending the powder, I've had some powder blends that don't really suspend, they end up just clumping together or sticking to the spoon/sides of the glass like glue. It's more likely to happen if you have an opiate/kratom tolerance and need to use quite a bit of powder, though. For that reason I always used toss n' wash methods. However I would usually put a little liquid in my mouth first, so that the powder would hit the liquid in my mouth instead of dusting up on the inside of the mouth/throat and making me cough it all out.

Kratom powder has to be one of the most difficult drugs to actually get into your body, at least that I've experienced.

10. spawesume

spawesume Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    i've definitely noticed the phenomenon of powder sticking together among the various extracts i've tried. i typically use a sort of fruit smoothie-esque drink for the sake of providing a more rigid base of sorts for the powder to rest upon.

11. Soma Cruz

Soma Cruz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's not a bad idea, it could take the place of protein powder in your shake and give it the same consistency. I can only imagine what it would taste like though. I wouldn't say I dislike the taste of kratom, but I can't for the life of me think of what kind of flavors you'd have to mix it with to actually make it taste good. Part of the reason I liked the toss n' wash method was because it minimized the time that it actually spent near my taste buds.

12. spawesume

spawesume Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    paired with various fruits, it can be pretty damn near undetectable in my experience. mango or berry based beverages are pretty fucking splendid.

13. kickout1234kickout

kickout1234kickout Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mix it with v8 tomato juice. Or a can of tomato soup. You won't be able to taste it at all.

14. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Ugh... just the thought of the powder sticking to my mouth makes me sick. I remember my first time tossing and washing kratom; it was horrible. I poured some of the powder onto my tongue and tried washing it down with some orange juice, but I spit it back up and made a mess before I could even swallow. After that, I said fuck it, I'll just stick with capsules.

I totally agree with you. Even with encapsulated kratom, I feel pretty nauseous during and after consumption. I'm guessing it probably has to do with the amount of capsules (anywhere between 10 - 20) I have to force down my throat. It is quite agonizing, but the subsequent high is worth it. ;)

15. Doctor Who

Doctor Who Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Jam Pack the Stuff Into 00 Capsules & Take 3 or 4, Takes A Little Longer To Work But It's Worth the Wait to Avoid the After Taste!!!
    (<
    PEACE!

16. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    If you are using capsules then there are a few things you can do to increase their performance.
    Unfortunately capsules, especially those that are crammed full of kratom, take longer to break down, and they do not all break down at the same time which results in - a longer come up - a more gradual come up (not as intense a kick due to the alkaloids being absorbed slower)

People have found that by half filling the caps, they break down faster.
    Alternatively you can pierce the filled capsules several times with a pin/needle, to help the body break it down faster.
    Taking the caps with a cup of hot water will also help dissolve the capsule faster. Swallowing them all at once, or as close together as possible, on an empty stomach and then continuing to drink hot liquid (water is best)

17. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    3 or 4? Either your kratom tolerance must be extremely low or you're using an extract. I use 00 capsules and each one can hold up to 0.5 - 0.6 g of kratom, max. I also use a tamper to pack the plant material (3 times) before encapsulating it; just so I can maximize the amount of kratom ingested in the lowest quantity of capsules possible.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  18. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Capsules are a pain in the ass because of the amount that is needed for an effective dose. The Kratom powder doesn't mix very well with liquids but it is also the best way I found. Orange juice not only increases the effects but it also minimizes the bitter taste of the powder. I also find that Tang is a good mixer and my favorite. I mix a tablespoon of high grade powder with double the amount of tang that you normally would use for one glass, shake it up in a bottle and it turns like a brownish orange. Down it quickly and your good. I stay away from all the fancy packaged Kratom. Get your Kratom from a good source thats not a headshop. Headshops are going to ruin it for all of us. The bomb and pimp bomb is garbage it was tested in labs and was found to be filler herbs sprayed with research chemicals.

19. Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Preach it brother. I don't think I can use capsules forever; I might have to switch to a different ROA in the future. Do you think kratom would mix well with yogurt or a soup?

20. AbbaZabba

AbbaZabba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have tried it with blueberry chobani yogurt and it kinda tasted like someone poured dirt into my yogurt. It didn't taste all that bad but it didn't taste good either. I would think with soup that it would just all settle to the bottom. I tried it with Jello and that was terrible. I also made a smoothie with orange sherbet and Kratom and that was tasty but brain freeze. Tang has been my best experience just make sure when you mix it that you have a wide mouth bottle because the Kratom has a tendency to foam up and cause a lot of bubbles when you shake it but if you shake it slow for a longer time it blends very well.

Tags: