What is the difference....

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by biggun, Feb 5, 2005.

1. biggun

biggun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    What is the difference between red phosphorus ice, anhydris, and methcathanone? Any one perfer on to another?

2. tweakerfrommars

tweakerfrommars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, I know several people who say they prefer the anhydrous cooking method, but they may just be saying so to appear more like "meth experts" than they actually are. My has never personally identified or talked with a local cook about the method that was used to cook the shit he bought, so I wouldn't know about that.

However, methcathinone (from this point, "methcat") HCl really has nothing to do with methamphetamine (from this point, "methamp")at all, other than that it is a stimulant and that its speedy effects are said to be similar to that of meth, but with more of an empty stimulation feeling and less ability to concentrate. It's a drug derived from cathinone (which is in turn derived from cathine)commonly referred to as "cat" (well, in places where it is common). Methcat is ScheduleI whereas methamp is Schedule II (ha).

[Methcat was used in the former Soviet Union as an antidepressant, but currently has no medical use (hence Sch. I). It is known for having more apparent side effects (teethgrinding, jawclenching, etc.) during the actual high than methamp. On the other hand, aftereffects (hangover, if it can even be called that) in the days following use, reportedly even during long-term use, are relatively mild compared to methamp. Methcat is seemly more of a "goof-off" and bemusing-state-of-mind drug whereas methamp would make one more serious and able to concentrate more deeply. Despite its effects being relatively mild and less attractive compared to methamp, it is still very addictive. Aside from the synthetic version of the drug, it is also available in a plant known as khat.]

-Context quoted from Erowid.org's "Methcathinone FAQ", originally archived by the Hyperreal Drug Archives.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012