Opinions - What is Tripping?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by shroomhead, Nov 20, 2004.

1. shroomhead

shroomhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i would just like to know what you would call a "trip" as before i did magic mushrooms i imagined a trip as leaving this world or dimension for the duration of the trip etc only the first 6 times i did shrooms what i got was seeing things that were there but were distorted or would spiral away or looked like flowing water. and would hear weird ass noises and see crazy shit like big balloon men holding staffs and spears. an on a few occasions the ground would start shaking. etc is that what a trip is? because the last time i did shrooms i guess i took a few too many and nearly died andwent to hospital buthad a completely new experience but i just dont know whether i had my first "trip" or just discovered that the mind exists beyond death and without the physical body. Edited by: shroomhead

2. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yup. Would say you've been tripping.

Whilst shrooms can be very physically uncomfortable at times,(stomach cramps, increased awareness of tension, increase in temperature and pulse,) the chances of being poisoned, short of an allergic reaction(which I've never heard of, though must, I suppose, be possible) are very, very ,very tiny.

However, the chances of picking and eating a poisonous mushroom by mistake are very, very, very high if you don't know EXACTLY what you're looking for. So do your homework and be very, very, very, very careful if you're going hunting. If you're not 100% certain, and have no way of verifying what you've found, do not even TOUCH it, never mind putting it in your mouth!

3. shroomhead

shroomhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so are you saying the first few times i did it i didnt trip and just halucinated and got the effects but then that last time i had a "trip" but also how would i know if id tripped and none of it was real or if i had used magic mushrooms to speak with the gods as it were or as it mite be im not sure if thats a real sentance?

4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Would definitely say you've been tripping! [​IMG]

5. thydarkprevails

thydarkprevails Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    sounds like a mushroom trip to me [​IMG]