What is Yopo exactly?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by mfrieze, Sep 26, 2006.

1. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    A friend of mine started talking about how he tried something called yopo and I have never heard of it before. I understand that its a type of dmt which sounds pretty interesting. I'm wondering what it is exaclty and how it is made. I know its some kind of seed but i am completely clueless

2. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Yopo are DMT containing seeds, that have to be toasted in a pan, crushed, and mixed with calcined lime.
    This is snorted, which is very painful because of the calcined lime, though in larger doses it usually gives very good effects.
    Here is some more info.

3. mfrieze

mfrieze Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I seen it on erowid to. Are these seeds illegal? because I have never seen them at head shops or online.

4. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    It depends on where You lives weither they're legal or not, because they contain DMT which in itself is illegal in every country that signed the psychotropic conventions list, though plants containing it might be an exception.

5. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    YOPO SEEDS OF ANY VARIETY DO NOT CONTAIN ACTIVE AMOUNTS OF DMT. the speculative intoxicant is 5MeODMT. the primary alkaloid by weight is bufotenine, which is TOXIC, though easily decomposed by natural oxidators