1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - What kind of tobacco is used to make dokha? And why is it so strong?

Discussion in 'Tobacco' started by Sumeru, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Sumeru

Sumeru Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I've heard that smoking dokha provides the user with a nicotine buzz stronger than any other -- at least when it comes to other methods of smoking tobacco. (Hookah, pipe, cigar, cigarette, cigarillo, etc.)
    Other than Nicotiana rustica, used by Amazonian shamans and in the "thuoc lao" that the Vietnamese smoke, I can't imagine anything stronger than some of these "spicy" dokhas. So I guess my question is, what kind of tobacco on steroids are they putting in dokha? Is it normal N. tabacum? Is it N. alata? A certain variety of N. tabacum?

2. Diabolicaldoll

Diabolicaldoll Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from earth
    I've only tried it once and enjoyed it a lot.

It's an Arabic tobacco that's dried and then mixed with spices and herbs. It has a high nicotine content. The word Dokha translates to the word 'dizzy', named for it's 'head rush' you get, where I live if you smoke a cigarette if you've not smoked for a while we call it a 'niccy buz'" (nicotine buzz).