Opinions - What Kratom Should I get?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by KieranA001, Jun 8, 2013.

1. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.K.
    Hey, I'm new to this forum and basically have been looking into Kratom. The reason I want to use Kratom is to help with my anxiety and social phobia and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to which one to go for.

So far, I've been looking at Sumatra Kratom capsules and Malay/Thai Kratom capsules. I was wondering what ones would be best to go for out of these, or maybe there is a better one to go for??

The effects that I'm looking for are somewhat unclear at the moment, as I already brain fog and don't want to make it any worse, if their is a Kratom that will give me a clear memory then that would be great!

With the clear memory I am also looking for a high Euphoria. I don't know if I want a relaxing one though, because in social situations I do feel very anxious and being chilled might help although I've read that the ones that make you "chilled" kinda make the brain fog worse :/

Anyway, post what you think would be best for me. Thanks :)

2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    read the How To Buy Kratom thread at the top of the forum, it is all explained in detail

1. 4/5,
      concise and helpful
      Jun 8, 2013
  3. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.K.
    I have read that, although it doesn't tell me about the different type of Kratom, it does talk about the types of form it comes in but not the different effects of Kratom.

Thanks for your answer anyway, :)

4. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Unfortunately it's not that easy to answer this. Your best bet is to buy a few types and experiment, some of the best vendors (and some of the worst) offer sample packs. It's easy enough to do some basic research to find out which strains are typically considered stimulating vs. relaxing.

I have settled on Green Malay as a favorite and it seems a LOT of other people have too, it's very potent and strikes a perfect balance between stimulation and euphoria. Lots of energy but smooth and pleasant. I'm mostly into the energy of kratom, I'm not looking for a knock-out, nod-of relaxation. Thai can be too jittery, Bali too slow.

Having said that I've never had kratom I flat out disliked, the more you get used to it the more you get selective about what you want from it, just like anything else. Buy some sample packs and have fun experimenting, just make sure this doesn't become a crutch for your anxiety issues. I love kratom for socializing but it is addictive and over-reliance will simply make your problems worse.

Also a little bit goes a long way with good stuff. I can use 1-2g of green malay as a social pick me up, higher doses simply increase the risk of addiction. There are tons of great kratom threads here so read up, there's a wealth of information to help you along.

Be careful and good luck!

1. 5/5,
      Simply packed with valuable personal experience, reliable comparison advice and succinctly worded advice about potential addiction. Well described.
      Jul 19, 2013
  5. Space Numpty

Space Numpty Bad Mother-Fucker Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from England
    From personal experience, the more euphoric the kratom, the less relaxing (and hence anxiolytic) it is.

For anxiety i would recommend Bali, Borneo Red Vein, Super Sunda, Sunda.

I would consider using one of the above and maybe adding at a 25% ratio something more euphoric like Sumatran White vein or Red Vein Thai.

Like others have said, it really is a "suck it and see" matter.

6. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.K.
    I feel that Bali and sumatra would be good but they don't seem to sell it on the website I went to. I woud give you the link but I don't know if it's against the rules.

1. 3/5,
      yes, posting vendor websites is strictly against the rule.
      Jun 10, 2013
  7. Danny Al'Thor

Danny Al'Thor Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from israel
    My question is there a type or strain that is higher in Mu type properties i.e. opiate like effects than any outher.

8. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For anxiety it is better to stick with a more relaxing/sedating variety- energetic varieties can cause anxiety. I would suggest any Indo, Bali, Red Vein Thai, Red Vein Borneo, red vein anything, for that matter. Green Malay might be okay as well, but it does have a bit of energy. For anxiety I personally find that Red Vein Borneo is #1, but almost all red veins are good.

The only way to know for sure is to try a couple varieties. I would start out with lower doses if you are not used to kratom and work your way up until you find your "sweet spot".

9. electricjw

electricjw Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From my experience and others (ive talked to), it seems like the whites and greens give more of a mood lift and makes your more social. Ithink it is the energy boost that the whites and greens give off that accounts for this. But with the whites it can get people real jittery if taken too much. I would just start off with a green, like a green malaysian or a green indo. Maybe mix in a white vein borneo to give you a little more boost. Like 3:1 green vein to white. Atleast to start off then adjust to your liking.

Also when starting out, i would try 2-3gs as a starting dose. If after an hr or hr 1/2 take another gram if feeling it but weak, an 2gs if nothing.

10. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.K.
    Fair enough, although most other drugs don't really effect me that much, e.g. Salvia, alcohol. Do you think I should start of with something strong. I will try a green type though.

But, out of Sumatra and a hybrid of Thai/Malay what do you think would be better for brain fog and social anxiety if the green types don't work?

11. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o from ireland
    I wouldn't recommend using kratom for those reasons. You can become reliant on it and then addicted, and after a while the benefits it offers are often replaced with the exact opposite. You can become anxious, easily irritated, your memory can be affected and you end up taking the kratom just to feel normal without any of the benefits.

Have you talked to your doctor about how you feel?
    Perhaps there is a root cause of these issues, if so self medicating is not the answer.

12. KieranA001

KieranA001 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o from U.K.
    That makes perfect sense, although I'm not really the type to get addicted to stuff. I normally use drugs that are addictive once every week and when I do get withdrawal symptoms I will stop the drug completely.

I've had recent withdrawal so I know how bad it feels to go through something like that, it's hell and last time I wasn't able to function properly for about two weeks, I honestly thought I'd never recover and it make my anxiety a lot worse.

As for talking to the doc, I have done that and they have done full blood counts with nothing to show, I've been recently taking multivitamins, my diet still sucks and my water intake is sufficient, about 3 to 4 glasses a day.

13. dcast

dcast Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I just made a thread you might find useful if you're using kratom for anxiety / social phobia: https://drugs-forum.com/threads/219905

If you're trying to improve your confidence and lower your anxiety, I strongly recommend the routine I made in that thread. I promise that after just 1-2 weeks following that routine you will notice major improvements.

Kratom alone is a temporary cure for anxiety, however when you stop you're likely to feel even more anxious from the withdrawal. However, if you follow a strict routine with tonnes of cardio, you can use kratom (almost) every day without worrying about building up an addiction. If you happen to notice your tolerance increasing, don't increase your dose, increase your mileage, this way your tolerance will never go past a certain level. Taking an extra day off every now and then can help too, and it's really not that hard to say no.

With all that in mind, I recommend these 2 strains:

Premium Bali: Provides a pleasant sedating euphoria, excellent for running and pain relief but can make you a bit too sleepy on it's own

Green Malay: My personal favorite for making me feel happy and awake, great to have while running because it's a stimulant

I find the perfect mix is 2g of Bali and 2g Malay 1 hour before a run.

Hope this helps!

14. Fat Billy the Hippie

Fat Billy the Hippie Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from brazil
    If you want a clear mind and not too sedating, I would suggest low doses of more stimulating strains like White Sumatran.

I belive the effects of all strains of kratom are basically the same, differing in level. Kratom can help you with the anxiety, can clear your mind and can give to you euphoria. But at high dosages kratom can lead to the 'brain fog', nausea and the overwhelming effects it can cause too.

In fact, there are some strains which can be more sedating than others (red veins), but the more stimulating ones are the most potent regarding the dose in my personal experience.

15. Happy Camper

Happy Camper Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I personally like Thai Maeng Da (probably too jittery for you, and can produce anxiety), Red-Vein Thai (less jittery than TMD, and has a lot more low-end bottom), Green Malay, and Bali. All of these have an opiod kick to it, and great euphoric body-feel. Most red veins do (Green Malay is green vein though).
    I don't particularly like the Sumatrans because they lack body and u4ea. They just feel cheap and weak to me. For you, I'd recommend something relaxing like Bali, RVB, or GM.

1. 3/5,
      please use whole words "u4ea" is meaningless. This is an international forum and standard english makes it easier for everyone.
      Aug 1, 2013