what mescaline cactus?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by linus20, Apr 14, 2005.

1. linus20

linus20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.K.
    Hi,

I am new to this site, hello to you all from the UK [​IMG].

I am interested in trying mescaline, am in no rush (altho summer is on its way). I have been readingother threadsdiscussing which type of cactus to use, whether to use fresh/dry/ground and how best to ingest and judge dose and er...[​IMG]?

What would any1 suggest to a newbie?

I can only buy legally and online.

Thanks Guys [​IMG]

2. indjuwandjuwa

indjuwandjuwa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    pesonally - an easy way for me is to powder then a spoonfull in the mouth and swallow quickly with water. repeat until you have done the whole dose. BTW,.. do this slowly,.. see how your stomage reacts,... cause you do not want to waste it bythrowing up to quickly.

if the taste is too much - consider buying capsules.

if you can handle the taste,.... you can also try eating little bits -,.. you would want to chew it a bit to get the mesc out and absorb it better into the bloodstream. - that is why i think buying cactus incense is easier then using a coffee bean grinder to powder it.Edited by: Alfa

3. linus20

linus20 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.K.
    So, i am now thinking of buying cactus incense for ease of userather than having to deal with a whole15inch cactus (or asmall nursery if i want company).

So er, howmight i estimate the content of peruvian torchincense so i might work out a dose and what might be an average/beginner dose.

I like the capsules idea and that itwould spread the dose over some time, butdoes it not make your stomach turn eating so many capsules[​IMG]?

ThanksGuys [​IMG]

4. transit

transit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    61 y/o
    There is substantial variation in potency
    both between species and within the same species – there seems to be
    particularly large variation within T. peruvianus with some claiming
    substantially higher levels than San Pedro and others substantially less. </span></span>

Further, with “incense” the potential for
    variability increases further.
    </span>Apparently the majority of alkaloids are in the green chlorophyll containing
    tissue under the skin. </span>A good source
    will provide product that maximizes this tissue, thus increasing potency and
    reducing the dosage. </span>A bad source . . .
    well you get the idea.</span>

Ideally you talk with someone familiar with
    harvests from the specific plants that you are interested in or you do an
    extraction or you start small and build up – if going with the last of those
    options, I would start with 15-20 grams.</span>