1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

What OTC products contain ephedrine ?

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by swimo, Nov 14, 2012.

1. swimo

swimo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My cat wonders what products at his local pharmacy he can get that contain ephedrine
    What are some other OTC uppers my cat can take to give him energy and or keep him
    Awake (besides coffee and tabbaco ) thanks swimmers *purrrrrrrr*

swimo added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

My cat is in Canada by the way

swimo added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

My cat is in Canada by the way

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  2. Communityfellow

Communityfellow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The sale is supposed to require a prescription these days but now is usually found in the diet/weight-loss section of most stores; you will not find it in the nasal decongestant sections any more.

3. Basoodler

Basoodler Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    :broncaid and primatine tablets have ephedrine hcl
    Sold as asthma medication.

I would recomend those the stuff in diet products ephedra alkaloids. Which can have a nasty body load

4. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    In the US, you have to go to the pharmacy counter & get it from the pharmacist directly, but ephedrine is available in OTC asthma medications. One is called Bronkaid, the other is Primatene tablets ( NOT the Primatene Mist, which is on the shelf - that contains epinephrine). There's usually a generic/store brand available as well that is less expensive.

Perhaps Canada has a similar setup. Maybe try a web search for Bronkaid in Canada or something?

~Kailey

5. Soma Cruz

Soma Cruz

Reputation Points:
    ^I've also seen the brand Bronch-EZE sold in gas stations behind the counter in the States; I think it varies by state. It may be a similar situation in Canada, maybe check out some pharmacy websites to see whether they stock these types of products, which almost certainly will be OTC, but BTC (behind the counter).

6. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Bronch-EZE has ephedrine??

Because I thought it could only be dispensed by the pharmacist, like psuedoephedrine. I could be wrong, though. :) And perhaps it differs by state.

~Kailey

Tags: