1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Side effects - What side effects does kratom give?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by TabuIsMe, Apr 29, 2008.

1. TabuIsMe

TabuIsMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Who here has been using kratom long enough to report any side effects?
    Only side effect i ever experienced was the consipation:s which is minor.
    Only side effect that worries me is cheeks changing their pigmentation and getting darker... has anybody ever experienced it?
    My skin never got darker, but when im using it i do tend to look a little red on the cheeks like i just drank something but it could be the fact i sit infront of the computer for so damn long.
    Report your side effects and long term users report if you ever had skin pigmentation.

2. 0utrider

0utrider Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    AW: Kratom side effects

from the df wiki, but its quite complete

outriderx added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

the redding of the skin can be realted to a changed blood-flow, but it is certainly not the "brownish" skin-pigmentation that longtime users talk about

from wikipedia

another source

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  3. TabuIsMe

TabuIsMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Kratom side effects

and puppies? lol :D

4. funnybunny

funnybunny Newbie

Reputation Points:

Hello,
    Kratom is like everything else ..great at first..work longer harder..think clearer..more sociable ..pain killer etc... However it doesn't last. SWIM has had a year long habit...starting at grams a month and ended up at 2 Pounds a month!! You build up a tolerance just like everything else and need more..more and more. The withdrawal is very real...Hot/Cold Chills,nausea,body pain,depression,insomnia,vomiting...for days.
    The grade/type you get varies greatly on who/where its coming from. Bunk is bunk. Once you get the good stuff..then your in trouble. This stuff is very real..has horrible w/d. Please remember you read this!! The information online is VERY misleading as far as side effects and addictive properties. When its the first thing you look for in the morning and the last thing you take before bed...then call it quits.

5. GedatusGreen

GedatusGreen Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

My friend Jake has been using Kratom for quite a while now, upwards of a year. He uses it mainly to help his chronic migraines, which kratom is best for over any other opioid in his opinion.

The effects include a warm background sensation, sedation, serious relaxation, and a distinct head change. This does have a ceiling effect and interestingly, less is more with kratom, at least for Jake. His recreational dose is between 5-8 grams, which offers a nice warm but energizing feeling, depending of the strain of course. His dose for pain is between 9-12 grams. This offers enough sedation to overcome the headache, but for Jake, larger doses take away from the euphoria. Almost like an analogy of filling a jar with water and the lid edge is the most euphoric it can be. Any more water overflows and is wasted, accept in cases of pain where larger doses just directly helps the pain more for Jake.

Jake has been able to use it daily for up to a week at a time with no notice of tolerance, 2 weeks with minimal decrease. Any longer than that and effects begin to subside very quickly, but a break of at least 2 days will bring his tolerance back down almost to zero.

After a year of use, he has not noticed any skin pigmentation changes, nor strange pellet shits or constipation (during the time of use, yes, but the next morning its on like donkey kong) and has only seen an increase in health, although he was perfectly healthy before beginning kratom. Jake has also stopped for up to 3 weeks with minimal withdrawal symptoms (some joint pain and fatigue, general feeling of recovery but much less than a mild hangover) lasting 3 days. This is only Jakes experience, and he feels very fortunate to not experience the horrible withdrawals so many other kratom users report after prolonged use, especially those who use 20+ grams and so on, so please don't takes Jake's experience as normal.

I hope this helps, be safe and responsible as always.
    _Green