1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Strains - What strain is considered the most euphoric?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by MasterAemon, Jan 30, 2014.

1. MasterAemon

MasterAemon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I read about a guy that only has bought one strain of Kratom, Red Vein Borneo. He picked that one because he likes sedatives more then uppers and enjoys the stronger analgesic properties. Also, the price was the lowest.

He tolerance is low due to the small about of doses and time between uses. (usually a couple grams once or twice a week.)

He is now looking to try a strain that is more euphoric, or just different feel. Someone gave him a little Maeng Da as his first kratom experience, and he liked it. It was just a year ago so he don't exactly remember how it compares to RVB.

He's strongly leaning towards Maeng Da OG Thai Red Vein, but he's heard differences in opinion. He's okay with a "well rounded strain" but doesn't want something that acts like a strong upper like a white vein or green vein. His second choice would be just basic Bali.

The Bali's average mitragynine content is tested and verified at 1.9% so the site says. The Maeng Da Thai OG RV average mitragynine content tested and verified at 1.4% average and the 7-hydroxy-mitragynine content tested and verified at .07%. The price of the Maeng Da is a little over double of the Bali.

What strain should he try next? Are their other strains you would suggest? Which gives the more euphoric feeling?

MasterAemon added 8 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

He's also considering a Super Indo strain because it the next most expensive one after Maeng Da.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  2. Khariz

Khariz Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I recommend a Bali or a Malay. There's some disagreement among the experienced over whether Bali is just RVB in disguise, but many folks have had a distinctly different experience with Bali. Green Malay is well-rounded. Bali is very relaxing and euphoric. But you have to understand that when I say euphoric, I mean euphoric for kratom. Not euphoric compared to an oxy80.

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Back when i actually got euphoria from kratom i always found that Thai worked best for me for some reason.
    I think it is always worth finding a good vendor and buying a selection pack of all their strains to see what works best for you.
    We all have our favourites, what works great for me might not work the same for the next person.

4. Space_Vaccine

Space_Vaccine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    My favorite for pain relief (I have chronic pain from arthritis in my neck and upper back) has always been the Bali, and the best strain if I have to do some kind of physical activity where I need pain relief but also energy is the Maeng Da. I just today got a new strain called Red Kali, that was advertised as having even more profound pain relieving properties than Bali. I took 10 grams an hour ago, and this is definitely my new favorite strain! It has a much more rapid onset than any other strain I've taken (15 minutes), and so far it has a fuzzy, numbing effect much stronger than Bali, and has eased my neck pain to an extent that I would subjectively judge to be roughly equivalent to 60mg of Oxycodone (when I have no tolerance).

I'm extremely pleased with this one, and would recommend it to those who need rapid, strong pain relief. The only drawback is that it's super sedating-much more so than even the Bali. So I wouldn't advise taking it if you need to drive or do anything requiring you to be alert (the only strain I can drive on is the Maeng Da, because for me it has no sedative effects and doesn't impair my reaction time like all other strains do).

5. MasterAemon

MasterAemon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thx everyone for the feedback. It's been very helpful. Keep it coming if you can.

6. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would generally concur with the other posters. Usually red-vein kratom is more euphoric than green or white-veined, although there are some exceptions to this.

Maeng Da is usually considered to be one of the more euphoric strains- I would agree with this. So Maeng Da is a solid choice.

Bali usually is pretty euphoric as well for most people. I haven't taken Bali in awhile, but I do remember some decent euphoria.

Red Vein Thai can be pretty euphoric - it is one of my favorite all-around strains.