1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - What was your Mushroom experience like?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by OvenLovin710, Aug 5, 2017.

1. OvenLovin710

OvenLovin710 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Dream Land
    Hey everyone make sure to put down what kind of mushroom it was and how much was taken, And any other symptoms or effects . The point of this thread is to share the different experiences/highs that are available throughout the mushroom kingdom.
    There is a lack of info on the effects of indvuial mushroom varietys which my friends tell me vary greatly from time to time.

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Apprentice Sorcerer Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    The problem with description of mushroom effects is not only that the varieties of mushrooms have big differences but even the consumers differ more.

I Have so often sat with friends when we collected and ate the same mushrooms from the green heights of Black Forest mountains - to talk and get aware that my friend has a completely different experience to what is up in my brain.

Therefore I think it an illusion to be able to describe mushroom trips by the variety.

On the other hand we have so many trip reports of mushroom you could print out and plaster your walls with them.

The material you ask for is already here and with a bit of UTFSE IT will come to you.

Good reading
    BBW

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    There are hundreds of reports here already, read them.

That said, if you actually do your reading, you will find there is no difference between different psilocybin varities.

4. OvenLovin710

OvenLovin710 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Dream Land
    That is what people say that there is no difference between psilocybin mushrooms, But I disagree from experience especially different psilocybin species cubes,Mexicana,cyanescens,.Strains like PE and GT My friends have found to be greatly different then "normal" mushrooms while they all do have similar highs due to the psilocybin but varying amounts of chemicals could cause different highs to form (like with marijuana different amounts of CBD with THC will give differnt highs from the different ratios of the cannabinoids from clear head high to baked ). Some are chemically different like azurescens that have high levels of baeocystin that causes paralysis or some strains have higher levels of psilocin that effects the come up of the experience due to the body converting it into psilocybin . PE has a liquid in the stems that acts as a muscle relaxant and the high is similar to LSD visually unlike any mushroom experience my friends ever went through. While I think every mushroom experience is individual, Every person as a different chemical makeup then the next person but there are still common symptoms that reoccur from person to person if their consuming the same genetic, But a big problem is that many mushroom varietys don't have solidified genes they're still wild so going and picking mushrooms outside almost will never give you the same mushroom trip as your buddy but if your say taking GT or another highly cultivated strain of fungus your bound to get simlarity . Many of my friends have found GT to be much more clear headed then any other strains consistently.

5. Adas

Adas Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from Slovakia
    I have heard WAY too many reports of different species having different effects. Take, for example, Gymnopilus trip reports. People tend to say they are more like "psychedelic MDMA" - they feel very social, dream-like mellow high. Very recreational and undemanding. Also, Gymnopilus tends to bruise GREEN instead of blue. I believe it's the high ratio of Baeocystin to Psilocybin. Although very similar chemically, the effects seem distinct.

There is not enough scientific research (if any), but there is some truth to anecdotal reports.

That being said, your set and setting make the most difference either way. So focus on your intentions instead.

6. Mercedes - Native Foxx

Mercedes - Native Foxx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from Florida, United States
    I just drew out my my shroom trip on my channel if you want to check it out. Also we both took an 1/8. It was really good, trippy ect super fun