Whats happening to my friend?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by purplehaze, Mar 16, 2005.

1. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey me and my friend have been smoking herb all night and he just relized that he had a drug test for the army coming up and he has totally drank way to much water and is like drunk and throwing up and i asked him what is wrong with u man at this point i hadnt relized exactly how much he has drunk but he has drank so much that i know he has filled a 2 liter coke bottle up 6 times and chugged it down is he ok or what he says that his shit is spinning lol thats what he just said anyways hes laying down in the bathroom floor should i take him to the hospital?

2. jokerskate24

jokerskate24 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Na, if he dies it's his fault... I mean you never smoke when you know that you have a drug test... just let him lie down somewhere and go to sleep. He should feel better in the morning.

3. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

you know that you can die from drinking to much water right? Other then having a wicked diluted urine (if it is the day after he drank all the water) i think that he will be ok... did he puke at all? and when he did, did he puke up a shit load of water? I think that he should be ok, but if things start to get iffy with him, then i'd say take him to the hospital.

Muirner

4. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    nah hes ok now he was sick for about 3 hours i guess puking up all kind of nasty shit and then he started to puke up nothing but water and it seemed to be a constant flow i thought he was gonna die cause when he was puking he said i cant breath but i made sure he didnt pass out in his puke or anything and hes all better now.

5. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    wish him luck with the drugs test

6. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah i will he definitally went through enough pain to pass it lol.

7. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    So, did he pass ?

8. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    come on we wanna know :)

9. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    His drug test is scheduled for march 24 which is next thursday.

10. thelizardking8945

thelizardking8945 Newbie

Reputation Points:

that was one sentence, kinda hard to follow, but hope hes fine. try and use the button above "alt" a lil bit more.

11. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I mentioned i had been smoking alot and when i smoke alot the period button is no were at all entered into the picture. Except at the end of my one hellacious story book sentence anyways. lol

Btw please do not take it upon yourself to take time out of your day to correct my grammer, i know i have very poor grammer.

12. IvoryQueen

IvoryQueen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    isnit it march 24th today!?! how'd he get on?

13. Meth0d

Meth0d Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I found a bit of info reguarding your friends condition after consuming that much water...

The fact that water can cause fatal overdoses is not well known. Often called "water intoxication" or "hyponatremia" (low salt)1, water poisoning results when too much water is ingested in too short a time without replenishing electrolytes, particularly sodium and potassium.

The human body (as with other animals) maintains an equilibrium of electrolytes in the bloodstream as part of its normal operation. Sweating causes the body to lose salt, but the primary cause of hyponatremia is drinking enormous amounts of water, which dilutes the salt in the body to a dangerous level. As the electrolyte levels get dangerously out of balance, body systems begin to fail and the sufferer exhibits signs of crisis such as diarrhea, over-salivation, stupor, vomiting, muscle tremors, confusion, frequent urination and other general symptoms of illness, and their brain begins to swell. This swelling is called a 'brain edema' or 'cerebral edema' and can lead to brain damage, paralysis, and sometimes death.

Water poisoning deaths are a real (although small) problem with recreational MDMA use; for more information about this see the MDMA Health & Water Issues page. There are occasional deaths in the US and Canada from people accidentally drinking too much water, and some from intentional or forced overconsumption, such as the case of a young man required to drink two or more gallons of water as part of a college fraternity hazing ritual.

How susceptible one is to the dangers of hyponatremia seems to be partially dependent on body weight, how much food is in the system, and other factors not yet understood which make up individual variation in response. The body has a system for regulating electrolyte balance and it eliminates excess fluids through urination. Some people's urine regulation systems (partially controlled by Anti-Diuretic Hormone [ADH], also called vasopressin) do not respond as quickly in some circumstances.

Health professionals recommend taking electrolytes dissolved in liquid or eating saltThe fact that water can cause fatal overdoses is not well known. Often called "water intoxication" or "hyponatremia" (low salt)1, water poisoning results when too much water is ingested in too short a time without replenishing electrolytes, particularly sodium and potassium.

The human body (as with other animals) maintains an equilibrium of electrolytes in the bloodstream as part of its normal operation. Sweating causes the body to lose salt, but the primary cause of hyponatremia is drinking enormous amounts of water, which dilutes the salt in the body to a dangerous level. As the electrolyte levels get dangerously out of balance, body systems begin to fail and the sufferer exhibits signs of crisis such as diarrhea, over-salivation, stupor, vomiting, muscle tremors, confusion, frequent urination and other general symptoms of illness, and their brain begins to swell. This swelling is called a 'brain edema' or 'cerebral edema' and can lead to brain damage, paralysis, and sometimes death.

Water poisoning deaths are a real (although small) problem with recreational MDMA use; for more information about this see the MDMA Health & Water Issues page. There are occasional deaths in the US and Canada from people accidentally drinking too much water, and some from intentional or forced overconsumption, such as the case of a young man required to drink two or more gallons of water as part of a college fraternity hazing ritual.

How susceptible one is to the dangers of hyponatremia seems to be partially dependent on body weight, how much food is in the system, and other factors not yet understood which make up individual variation in response. The body has a system for regulating electrolyte balance and it eliminates excess fluids through urination. Some people's urine regulation systems (partially controlled by Anti-Diuretic Hormone [ADH], also called vasopressin) do not respond as quickly in some circumstances.

Health professionals recommend taking electrolytes dissolved in liquid or eating salty snacks when drinking large amounts of water to make sure that a proper balance is being maintained. For instance, sometimes when people are trying to avoid an alcohol hangover, they may drink (or have their friends force them to drink) more water than they would normally drink. In such cases, salty crackers, chips, or some other kind of salt source can help the body absorb the water and eliminate it properly without risking further throwing the electrolytes out of balance.

y snacks when drinking large amounts of water to make sure that a proper balance is being maintained. For instance, sometimes when people are trying to avoid an alcohol hangover, they may drink (or have their friends force them to drink) more water than they would normally drink. In such cases, salty crackers, chips, or some other kind of salt source can help the body absorb the water and eliminate it properly without risking further throwing the electrolytes out of balance.

14. indianaroller

indianaroller Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah thats why I drink gatorade when using MDMA.

15. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When I was in a military group, we had knots on our BDUs. Each knot indicating how many gallons of water we are committed to drinking in an hour. Some people had two or three. Is three gallons bad in an hour?

16. Sway

Sway Newbie

Reputation Points:

Probably not if you're using the water in your bodily functions, for
    example, someone whos running around a field like a madman (like
    military groups would probably have you do) then you would need to take
    in more water anyway so this probably makes up for it. I'm just
    guessing though, I could very easily be wrong :p

17. purplehaze

purplehaze Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I thought i posted this but obviosly from my reading i didnt, he failed his drug test.....

LOL just kidding he passed it with flying color's. I think its kinda cool he passed it considering the time he had trying to pass it in the first place.

18. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ill smoke a bowl for your friend, always nice to pass

19. butter

butter Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    that's crazy that he still passed. Good though always good.