Netherlands - Whats legal in amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Coffeeshops' started by ganja420, Dec 13, 2004.

1. ganja420

ganja420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Exactly what kind of drugs are legal in amsterdam? And also what kind of drugs can you buy legally in a store or something? Man, I want to go there so bad, sit in a coffeshop, with a big blunt, ahh man that'd be so sweet, Im gonna try to go there either for spring break or summer... I hope I can go and get my smoke on, but please report back with anwsers if you have them[​IMG]

peace, dan

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Mushrooms, Marijuana(not legal, but allowed), cannabis seeds, RC's in some smartshops &smartproducts. With buying in smartshops in Amsterdam be very aware that they know that you probably wont be back to complain. Therefore the prices in amsterdam are 50% higher than in other places in the netherlands and especially with smartproducts, they will not always give you the best products. And yes your experiences in amsterdam would be very welcome.

3. ganja420

ganja420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I thought that it was the "drug capital of the world" and I thought people could like shoot up in the park. thats what I heard at least, not true?

4. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It is okay to smoke discreetly, in coffeeshops, your hotel room, the park, clubs and places like that, but it is considered pretty rude to light a spliff wherever you are, especially if it is a public place with "normal" people going about their daily business. Of course, people do smoke out on the streets, but they are usually punk-ass teenage kids and tourists only. And it is definitely not tolerated to shoot up or do hard drugs in public.

5. Maxamillion

Maxamillion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  6. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I think that many RC's are no longer legal, but some of the lesser known ones probably are, I do not know how available they are, just look around at smartshops to see what there is. Crack and Heroin are not problems like in the U.S. in terms of widespread use in a diversity of poulations. In Amsterdam (I don't know about the rest of Holland) there are many junkies walking around, causing petty crime, begging and sometimes using and dealing, especially in the Red Light district. The junkiesare not cool looking or glamourous, so hard drugs become very unattractive to young people who see how they can fuck up your life. In general, the past 2 years even ecstasy and cocaine use is going down in Amsterdam general population. However, it should be noticed that the population of junkies in Amsterdam do cause more than their share of problems. For example, there are a lot of thefts, car-window smashings and especially pick pocketing. Also be very careful of your bags at bars, clubs, cafes, etcetera. I always keep my wallet and phone in my front pocket and do not carry unnecessary cards/IDs/cash. It is especially important to be careful of these assholes on trains and trams and to remain alert, with a firm grip on your bag at all times. For example, do not put your stuff on the chair next to you or something. Otherwise, the junkies are just kind of scary because many of them are totally crazy and always fighting with each other. Once when my friend was on mushrooms this junkie came up to us, asking for money, and his face was all bleeding. It was pretty scary-[​IMG]We were like, what the fuck dude-your head is all bloody!

Also, never buy drugs on the street, you could get mugged and what you get will surely be crap, fake or downright dangerous. There is some tainted cocaine going around right now and a bunch of people had to go to hospital last week.

7. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I heard last weekendthe emergency rooms in Amsterdam where overcrowded, because ofcocaine mixed with atropine. For more info on atropine, search the forum for datura. At night do not go walking around alone in places where a lot of junkies are or be very carefull doing so.

8. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  9. turnitaround

turnitaround Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i agree, all the junkies in amsterdam are pretty freaky espescially wen u first get over there. but they will normally leave u alone as long as u dont acknowledge them at all. it seems rude not to answer back, even just to say no, but i made the mistake of doing it once. the man was offering cocaine and i said no that i didnt want any, and he followed me all the way up the road along side the canal in the redlight district and grabbed my hand, he then stuck sand into it. i stupidly brushed it off without thinking. he then said that it was cocaine and that i had to pay for it. for a while i considered giving him sum money if only to get him to go away, but ended up just telling him to go away and that i wasnt paying and he eventually left. because i was in a strange place, was very stoned and had taken many e's the night b4 the incident left me very shaken.

10. Ikke

Ikke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm living near Amsterdam so I'm hanging there quite a lot and I couldn't agree more on the stories about Junkies... just stay out of their way and make sure not ot end up like them, then it's just fine...

Always fun to hear people talking about Amsterdam, really a nice place allthough you might think it's just one dark pit full of evil. There are some things you should remember and it's okay really. Just don't come here all by your own. At night stay in the more crowded areas. Don't talk to people you don't know. And make sure your indoors when getting real stoned. It's really nicer to be in a coffeshop when getting your high or coming down than when your on the street and vulnerable.

About what's allowed: paddo's (mushrooms), wiet en hasj (marihuana), smartdrugs... well whatever you can buy in a coffeeshop and/or smartshop.

But as being dutch I'd really advise you to go to Utrecht when coming over. Utrecht is a city about half an hour away from A'dam by train. It got almost no junks or at least no junks that bother you, the shops have normal prices (even when you're tourist) since they haven't got a double price list as they have in A'dam, etc.

11. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the tip on Utrecht man, about how big pop wise?

Do most smart shops in Amsterdam jack the prices up for tourists?

Alfa,

Could you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by not getting the best product (getting smaller doses of shrooms then they say)?

Thanks guys Im planning a trip for next may with a couple of my buddies so this advice is really kick ass.

12. Darthcarlos

Darthcarlos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    i think bzp is legal they call it jet pills or somethin.

13. sp4zzj4zz

sp4zzj4zz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've heard the rumor that some of the NL coffee shops and smartshops
    will discreetly sell MDMA to "some" tourists. Mostly if they think you
    "look cool" enough, or rather dont look like a NARC or a square.

I have a friend who visited recently and said that since </span> I (in his words) "look like a dirty dreadlocked f*ckin hippie" that I wouldnt have any problem scoring MDMA in the shops. LOL

I pretty much took that with a grain of salt and figured he must have
    ate too many space cakes, but I was just wondering if there was any
    truth to this?

14. Peyote

Peyote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    That's bs sp4zzj4zz...

Marijuana (in all forms) are 'legal'. You won't get in trouble buying it and using it (in coffeeshops and outside, you can't smoke it everywhere).

Smartshops: mushrooms,cactii(= mescaline),ephedra(some still sell it, just ask for it) METHYLONE (get it now, its sold as Explosion - a bottle, room-odoriser, dont get confused..That way its harder to get it banned) and various other products.

Other RC's like 2c-b,2c-i etc are not being sold in smartshops!

Things like MDMA/Coke/Heroine..Well you'll need connections for that..Edited by: Peyote

15. sp4zzj4zz

sp4zzj4zz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I figured it was all BS, but it never hurts to ask....thanks for clearing that up though.

BTW....My EXplosion was shipped off to me last Monday [​IMG]

It should arrive late this week or early next.

16. elbow

elbow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Let me know how that goes, will you? I want to order but I worry it will get confiscated or worse.

17. Peyote

Peyote Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Don't worry..Shippings works well to USA.

18. thcannibislover

thcannibislover Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Is it hard to find acid in amsterdam, Me and a few friends were planning on going to amsterdam the summer after next after graduation, but I was wondering how much money some one should go with, and how long they should stay, Ive actualy thought about moving there pemanitly but would language be a problem I only know english.

19. X-Dream

X-Dream Newbie

Reputation Points:
    eh, you can learn Dutch easily and I don't think finding other drugs is that difficult if you're brave. They know tourists are looking for it so it is around, but be careful. Everything is cheaper, but you don't wanna get in a crazy argument in a place you are not familiar with. I can see it being better if you happen to find a nice local willing to help you out on your quest.

20. SLICE

SLICE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm so glad I read this thread coz I've got a holiday booked to Amsterdam at the end of the year. I was under the impression there were dealers at every street corner selling coke and pills! When I go I think I'm gonna get stoned all day at the cafe'sthen buy my hard drugs in the clubs at night, coz I hear they have machines there that can test the purity of your drugs.. is this true? Also-can anyone recommend any good dance clubs and cheap cafe's?