1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - What's stronger than Xanax (Alprazolam)?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Emperiorjack, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Emperiorjack

Emperiorjack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My doc put me on some Xanax and it isn;t working the the stuff is just
    too weak for me. I took 7 bars(14mg) today and it barely did any thing .[​IMG]

IIs there a Benzo out there that is stronger then Xanax if so please feel to tell me[​IMG]

2. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict

Reputation Points:
    Wow! 14mg for your first day? There's no way your doctor recommended
    that.

Do you have a massive benzo tolerance already, or do you have a totally
    bizzare response to Xanax? 14mg is a massive amount. Starting doses
    for anxiety or sleep are .5-1mg. Xanax is pretty damn strong, as benzos
    go, so if you're being truthful about that dose, I think you should seek a
    different class of drug.Edited by: radiometer

3. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene

Reputation Points:
    I defiantly agree with everything 'radiometer' posted above. There is no possible way a doctor prescribed 14mg. of Alprazolam (xanax) to you, so i'm assuming you took more than your prescribed doseagefor recreational use. What is the illness that you are useing Alprazolam for, sleeping/anxiety? Benzodiazepines are known to have a strong abuse potential along with strong withdrawl concerns. Alprazolam is one of the stronger benzo's espically when going up against another benzo such as Valium.

But to answer your question, yes there is a stronger benzo, it is Triazolam. Triazolam most commonly prescribed for short-term treatment for insomnia. It's usually prescribed to take once daily at bedtime to help promote sleeping.

I would like to also add that if you were being honest about 14mg of Alprazolam doing nothing to you(which i can't imagine), then benzo.'s are probably not for you, i'd ask my doctor for futher help!

4. Emperiorjack

Emperiorjack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No I took more than the recommeneded dosage which was 1mg. So I
    basically did 14 times the recommended dosage and felt basically
    nothing. What other types of drugs are out there that works for
    anxiety's.

5. the blue letter

the blue letter

Reputation Points:
    something is wrong then , if you don't take xanax and ate that much, should knock you out.<!--
    var SymRealOnLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

SymOnLoad()
    {
    if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
    SymRealOnLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
    window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

6. radiometer

Reputation Points:
    I suggest you discuss this with your doctor, rather than a bunch of
    strangers on the internet.

None of us here are licensed health care professionals, we do not know
    you personally or the nature of your anxiety problems, and thus can only
    guess as to the answer.

It is downright bizarre that you "barely felt" 14mg alprazolam. I'm still
    not convinced I believe you. However your intitial post's spelling errors
    etc. did have "Xanax-fingers" (anyone who's been on Xanax will know
    what I mean) written all over them.Edited by: radiometer

7. Red_Baran

Red_Baran Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    when swim had massive amounts of xanax swim took 5 bars at once and 7 bars through out the hole day, with very little tolernance to benzos (40mg day vailum habbit) and felt nothing xanax does nothing for swim even at a really high dose

8. ihateourfreedom

ihateourfreedom Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Everyones body just has diffrent chemical reactions.

9. Colby

Colby

Reputation Points:
    14 MG BS. sorry but you would pass out if you took that much, I have taken a lot of Xanax in my day and the most I have ever taken is about 7mg, and that was with tolerance already built up, no way you took 14mg, you would die, or fall into a very, very deep sleep.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2005
  10. ATM

ATM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have to agree with that.
    I only need to take 0.5 mg to break an anxiety attack.
    1 mg and I'm real fuzzed.

14 mg would be way beyond the point of no return.

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens

Reputation Points:
    I beg to differ, i have taken 12mg and stayed awake for a few hours enjoying the effects, as it is a high dose i finally did crash and sleep for 18 hours but i would say it is possible for someone who may have a natural tolerance to substances such as these to take 14mg. He prolly felt something just not what you would normally expect from such a high dose. like ihateourfreedom said everyones body is different.

12. calmascanbe

calmascanbe

Reputation Points:
    I'm one that can take 7-8 2mg. bars for just releif and 4 hours later do it again . The only thing is I can''t do it every day . I use valium in between xanax use because I gain a tolerence very quickly. But on the other hand if this was the first time on xanax 1 or 2 mg. should have worked for you. I can't see taking ,for the first time, 14mg. and not noticing anything. You might have gotten expired or just a bad batch if they were generic.Other than that I also have a problem with the story. Sorry if I'm wrong.

13. scotty6435

scotty6435

Reputation Points:
    Gotta be either BS or placebos

14. benzoaddict

benzoaddict Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: WHats stronger than Xanx?

swim cant even remember when he had no tolerance anymore. When he did, 14mg of alprazolam would have seriously fucked me up. Now swim can take 20mg and feel nothing more than slight stress relief, sometimes not even that. Xanax is a funny drug, after enough abuse it isnt even tolerance anymore, its simply immunity. Swim is immune to the medicinal benefits of xanax now, od and probably death would occur from toxic shock before any real anti-anxiety effect could ever take place again. If swiy can really take 14mg with no real effect on your first dose, I would never, ever take xanax again. Like I said, its a funny drug, not cut and dry like valium, its very unpredictable. I love the drug, and I hate it too. In reality xanax should have never made it to market. It is quite possibly the worst drug out there right now. Cocaine, heroin, meth, there are a lot of hard kicks out there. But talk about being bogue, try coming off a long term, high dose xanax habit.

15. benzoaddict

benzoaddict Newbie

Reputation Points:

Oh Im sorry swim forgot to answer swiy question, what will work better than 14 mg of xanax for you? swiy doesnt even need to search for controlled substances, its even easier than that. Just get swiy a 5lb sledge hammer and knock the fuck right out of your forhead, should only take one blow to get the effect your looking for. Its gonna rock dude! You wont remember shit.

16. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:

If 14mg's did shit, then yu should not take any anxiety drug from the benzo family, Try buspar. the 1st few weeks are kinda irritating, but in the end it works, and the addiction potential for buspar is slim to none. (someone correct swim if swim is wrong)

17. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: What's stronger than Xanax?

ativan is roughly as strong as xanax but has a 4 hour longer plasma bonding half life. However if you were SWIY to try abusing it the way SWIY is abusing xanax SWIY will be very ill. klonopin is roughly half the strength of xanax and nearly twice the half life. however if youre taking 14 mg a day Id suggest rehab be SWIY's next stop.

18. radiometer

Reputation Points:

I don't think the original poster is waiting for an answer 15 months later. Taking a look, he hasn't even been to this forum for a year.

19. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

First let me laugh at that, lol.

The person who wrote that they took 14 mg of alprazolam and didn't feel anything probably wasn't lying. He probably looked fucked up, but didn't feel it(SWIM had a similiar experience while on Xanax). On the other hand, SWIM has ingested a 30 bottle of 0.5 mg clonazepam and felt a little tired but thats it.

20. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:

xanax is = to klonopin, in strength, jus check the benzo chartss...