WHEN to take Magnesium supplement?

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by JL6er, Dec 5, 2006.

1. JL6er

JL6er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Hey all...I had a question about using a Magnesium supplement to help prevent tolerance to Adderall. Been on Adderall since April...only 20 mg/day. I take lots of drug holidays and they work so-so...

Anyways, I bought Magnesium Glycinate 400mg pills. How long before taking the Adderall should the magnesium pill be taken? Like: take it with the Adderall, and hour before, 5 hours before, etc etc...

Also, 60 mg or so of DXM in the form of the syrup Delsym for colds has been recommended to offset tolerance....again, how much time in between taking the Delsym and Adderall should there be?

Please, any information here would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Magnesium with meals, Adderall on empty-stomach about 1 hour before or after meals. DXM 1 hour before Adderall.

You wont feel anything immediate with magnesium wich will only build up in your body after like a week taking it daily at meals. Althought DXM well probably be more "instantly", dut to it's slight dopamine reuptake inhibitor effects, but can't be used daily.

3. JL6er

JL6er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o

So your saying that the magnesium will be continually beneficial in the 'long run'? And how often is it ok to tak the DXM? Like twice a week?

Im basically just trying anything to keep my dose of Adderall as low as possible without having to take like 2 week breaks or increase my dose.

4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Never heard of DXM to lower tolerance.... sounds like a horrible idea... but Magnesium should be taken with the biggest meal of the day on a daily basis....

5. JL6er

JL6er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I read in various sites that small amounts of DXM help to prevent further tolerance to amphetamines. Here is one of them...very informative read::

DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2006
  6. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes.

Yeah, just don't take it everyday for prolonged periods since you will probably screw up ur digestive enzymes, get gastro-intestinal problems or heavy hurt burns. There's so many junk inactives in DXM cough syrup that fucks with ur digestion... no wonder some folks get nausea after taking DXM dissociative doses from syrup.

There's many compounds useful for such. Nootropics are the first that comes into my mind and probably the most effective. There's evidence about increase of Amphetamines effects with 'racetams Nootropics. New stronger 'racetams like Nefiracetam also acts on NMDA wich you could take a look. A good Nootropic/supplement stack would definatly cut your tolerance.

I also found this site : DO NOT LINK TO OTHER FORUMS.

DXM is the cheapest and easiest to get NMDA antagonism and NMDA antagonists increase Dopamine release. It's not an horrible idea at all but still must be taken in lower doses than any dissociative dose (100mg+) but higher than a normal cough dose (30mg-) so around 60mg.

7. JL6er

JL6er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS. You can post articles from same.