Where does all the Mimosa Hostillus Rootbark come from?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by max_freakout, Dec 18, 2006.

1. max_freakout

max_freakout Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I presume somewhere in South america, but is it widely used for native ayahuasca ceremonies over there? As i thought the preferred plant for that was viridis leaves.

And is there a really big supply of it or is it going to become scarce one day? As i imagine it doesnt grow very fast....

Just my paranoia talking........

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Re: Where does all the Mimose Hostilis Rootbark come from?

Your question implies all Mimosa Hostillus Rootbark comes from the same place. Why would you think that?

3. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mimosa Hostilis rootbark comes from the mimosa hostilis tree/shrub.. It grows in Brazil and other South American countries, as well as in Mexico.. I believe there are probably large farms to supply people making the jurema brew, as well as to export to other countries..

4. dreamatrix

dreamatrix Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    no man mimosa comes from a dude who lives down south on the artic his name is fantaclaus and he has magic dmt elves helping him keeping the balance on the earth hehe,, no i guess most of it comes indd from south america ,, i have understood there is some kind of industry overthere ,,possile mainly because of the legal status in brazil too and such ,, praise them for keeping it legal ,, anyhow i think the original components of ayahusca are virola leave and banistriopsis caapi ..not sure ,, but the amazaon is full of smaller cultures with their own rituals and brews snufss and shaman

5. howlongisthenight

howlongisthenight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    so the plants that look similar and go by the same name are not, in fact, dmt containing? Probably arleady covered but they grow alot of places in the the south, with the little pink puff flowers and all......

6. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    theres also many plants growing somewhere in the USA.....

7. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From my understanding they also grow in the south of America(not South America but the southern states). I also know certain vendors have farms that farm them orchard like style. They wont run out as long as there are seeds land and people willing to pay for their precious bark.

8. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    i had some seeds that i traded to someone,aparently there on there way to brazil i think(corect me if im wrong) where they will be planted! i thought it was preety darn cool.