1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Where IS methylone legal?

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by braindrain, Jun 5, 2005.

1. braindrain

braindrain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Where, other than Japan, could a traveller find methylone legally now that it is illegal in the Neatherlands?Swim did enjoy it before the ban and was wondering if there is a reasonably close by country that could be hit for it.

bd

2. club222

club222 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    USA

3. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Netherlands-
    Methylone was available in smartshops until early April, 2005, when Public Health Minister Hoogervorst stated that his department considered it a crime-erowid

Other than this I am not aware of another county that has passed any kind of law against it other than its a Possible Analog of MDMA so it could be illegal under the anolog act, but nothing, so far, has happend to make it specificly scheduled.

4. braindrain

braindrain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    OK,

Well, good luck with a USA provider. The ones seem to be integrity impaired.

So it's not illegal, but other than Japan, is there any place where it is sold openly? I guess what I'm looking for is, where can I go to walk into a smart shop or adult store and purchase this. Is Japan it?

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    No confiscations, arrests have been made in the netherlands. It has been announced to fall under the medicine law, even though it is not meant for consumption, which is very doubtfull. That article on erowid contains more errors than truth. Methylone is illegal in Australia andNew Zealand. Discussion of sources are only allowed in the sources forum.Edited by: Alfa

6. braindrain

braindrain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry Alfa,

I had hoped asking where it was legal to purchase in person wouldn't violate the rules, but a source is a source....

bd

7. chico

chico Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o Male
    Isn't it safer to say that Methylone, for now, is "not illegal" in USA instead of saying that it is actually "legal"? Something legal would be cigarettes, beer, vodka, etc., where one does not have to worry about being caught with it.

Methylone/Explosion has the potential to fall under the "Analogue Act" and I don't know if I would feel comfortable getting caught with it, let alone selling it?

8. Barron

Barron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    France. Not scheduled yet.

9. Dimitri

Dimitri Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I actually don't know ANY country where Methylone is scheduled already.

In the US it might be considered under the analogue act, but we
    don't
    know for sure. Netherlands it is also not scheduled, just illegal to
    sell it without a
    permission, but still it will take time to have it written down in the
    law. In Germany (very few) online vendors sell it (mostly older
    supplies
    from NL) but not very open, just by friendly asking if they might have
    it or something similar. I recently saw some swedish shop selling
    Methylone bulk (not explosion) although they have a pretty strict law.

So it seems like this substance is getting rare (at least to get it)
    although not scheduled yet. Pretty fucked up in my opinion, stupid "war
    on drugs" thing...[​IMG]

Edited by: Dimitri

10. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I dont know if it would be considered an analogue as its a cathione. not an amphetamine. which is realy the only difference between methylone and MDMA. why isnt methylone called MDMC?

11. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    It is called MDMC, but as there also is another MDMC in PIHKAL, (3,4-ETHYLENEDIOXY-N-METHYLAMPHETAMINE ) it is easier to talk about Methylone.