1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - which benzodiazepine is strongest?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by soulraver132, Dec 1, 2004.

1. soulraver132

soulraver132

Reputation Points:
    im very experianced wiht pharms.newayz i was wondering if someone could help on which is the strongest benzo.

i have tried diazepam = vaiums, alprazalam = xanax and clonazapam = klonopins. i think the strongest are klonopins im not ssure i know it has to do with doasgae but what do think is strongest ?
    A valium 10 a xanax bar or a klonopin 2 mg ?
    haaha on time i got fucked up off of 10mgs klonopins and about 150 mg of ritilin /concerta (the little alza kind) i was fucked up all weekend ..it kinda sucked never will do that agian .. peace

2. granby140

granby140

Reputation Points:
    valiums make me the most fucked up. Like sleepy and shit

3. LuvsToSmokeDust

LuvsToSmokeDust

Reputation Points:
    LOL ! Valium. < Hardly a strong benzo. Good benzo as a medication, but not as an abuseble one.

Take a few Xanaxes the'll mess you up a lot more than valium ever would.

Oh and jesus man ! Don't ever mix ritalin with benzos you could go blind. < Although I never went blind taking these medications together so I don't know the hell people are talking about.

4. LuvsToSmokeDust

LuvsToSmokeDust

Reputation Points:
    Rohypnol, but you can't get a script for it so you got to go look for it out on the street. Take 1/2 a pill the first time you try it. Otherwise it knocks you flat on your ass, but thats just some people so I got to warn ya.

Here a few other strong ones. Trizolam, Temazepam, Flurazepam, Oxazepam, and Nitrazepam.

Trizolam and Temazepam are two of the best ones you can get a script for.

5. nooo

nooo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    xanax! the secret drug i like to think of it as man or alprazolam. such an amazing drug, such an addictive drug, yet no one ever really talks about it. it must be because its cheap or something, but what i tell ya man, dont take it. u forget everything all the time and when u take too much u just melt, and if u try to stop takin it cold turkey and think it wont be hard HAHAHAHA. that shit is rough. not as bad as opiates but jesus, its addictive shit man. hahaha.

6. ToxicMind

ToxicMind

Reputation Points:
    Which one is the strongest depends on your tolerance and how much you take. Valiums and Klonopins relax me and make me feel calm, but I wouldn't call them strong drugs. Xanax, if you take enough can be much stronger, imo, than the other two. It can make you much more drowsy. -K

7. granby140

granby140

Reputation Points:
    its weird with zannies i get all chill and relaxed and feeling good. With valiums i zonk the fuck out right away. Now rohypnol on the other hand is a diff story.

8. Plethora

Plethora Newbie

Reputation Points:
  9. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Benzodiazepine equivalency chart
    (There are many variations to this but this one by Dr. Ashton seems to be the most accurate)

Alprazolam 0.5
    Bromazepam 6
    Chlordiazepoxide 25
    Clonazepam/Klonopin 0.5
    Clorazepate 15
    Diazepam/Valium 10
    Estazolam 1
    Flurazepam 15
    Halazepam 20
    Ketazolam 15
    Lorazepam 1
    Nitrazepam 10
    Oxazepam 30
    Prazepam 20
    Quazepam 20
    Temazepam 20
    Triazolam 0.5

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  10. ~lostgurl~

Reputation Points:
    Valium is a relatively powerful hypnotic (sleep inducer),
    whereas the more modern benzodiazepines such as alprazolam (Xanax), lorazepam (Ativan), and clonazepam (Klonopin), are less powerful hypnotics, but are very powerful anxiolytics.
    Do not assume that because one benzodiazepine makes you sleepier than another that this benzodiazepine is more potent than those which do not produce sleepiness to the same degree. Often, the reverse is true.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  11. e-Thom

e-Thom

Reputation Points:
    clonazepam is not that new...it's actually one of the older benzos (or so my doc said)

12. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    How strong is lorazepam stronger or less? I know laura76 made a chart but I dont get it, higher the number the better?

13. ~lostgurl~

Reputation Points:
    1mg Lorazepam is equivalent to 0.5mg Klonopin (Clonazepam)& equivalent to 10mg Valium (Diazapam) Also 0.5mg Xanax (Alprazolam)

Make sense???[​IMG]

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Don't panic, take 50mg Oxazepamum (forget about Xanax).
    Can't sleep?: Dormicum 15mg .

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    0.5 Xanax equal to 10mg Diazepam? Asian Generic
    Diazepam?

Ever tried Swiss brand Roche Valium?

16. Patrick131

Patrick131 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    just take whatever makes you feel good for whatever you're trying to do. i agree with nooo that it is pure hell to try and quit cold turkey. i prefer xanax but when i got off them it was hell. the good thing is i was a lot more clear-headed and my grades went way up. i never realized how bad for me they were until i stopped.

17. benzoknowledge

benzoknowledge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    hi everyone im new here but i got some useful info...Klonopin is the strongest benzo on the market...even more potent the rohypnol...not nesecarilly stronger but more potent...and klonopin has a half life of up to 50 hours..while xanax is about 5hrs..... .5mg clonazepam=1mg flunitrazepam...and you can get prescribed klonopin and not flunitrazepam...i get klonopin prescribed for twitching and seizures it works better than any other... ive been prescribed Ativan,Serax,Xanax,Restoril, now Klonopin...in my expeience and research prove Klonopin(number 1) is the strongest Anxiolytic,anti-convulsant,and is highly sedating and does not ware off qiuckly...only xanax(2nd) is comparible and it hits ya quick but wares off quickly...now lorazepam(ativan is 3rd my opinion) and its weaker than the two in sedating properties but has long anticonvulsant properties..these are the most common HIGH STRENGTH benzos....Oxazepam is a metabolite of clorazepate and diazepam...so there for it has no active metabolites of its own....its probably the weakest in terms of effects and potency...30mg of oxazepam equals 1MG CLonazepam.....hope this is helpful....REMEMBER IM GOING OFF OF USA PRESCRIBED DRUGS. NOT BANNED OR ILLICIT SUBSTANCES(NO LEGITIMATE USE IN USA)not prescribed......if you want something stronger to make you sleep(insomnia only) try seroquel its the only thing that makes me sleep(300MG a night)....remember this is only for reference..

benzoknowledge added 5 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

no 1MG alpazolam equals 10mg diazepam......NOT .5MG to 10MG....THIS IS POSTED BY A GUEST AND IS NOT CORRECT

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  18. MisterV

MisterV Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This equivalenzy charts are mainly made for detoxing. The benzo-addict tells what he is on and on how many - then the equival diazepam dose is found (often as drops)-and then its reduced.

The question of strength has to be concretized!

Sedative, hypnotic, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant and amnesic?

And even if this choice is made, every person reacts different.

SWIMs Favorites:

sedative: diazepam
    hypnotic: midazolam or triazolam
    anxiolytic: alprazolam
    anticonvulsant: no real experience on that
    muscle relaxant: tetrazepam
    amnesic: triazolam and alprazolam

Heres a different equivalency chart (SWIM doesnt like Ashtons)

Reference: Diazepam 10mg

Alprazolam 1mg

Bromazepam 4,5mg

Chlordiazepoxide 20mg

Clobazam 20mg

Clorazepat 20mg

Clotiazepam 10mg

Lorazepam 1-2mg

Metaclazepam 15mg

Nordazepam 15mg

Oxazepam 30mg

Oxazolam 40mg

Prazepam 20mg

Brotizolam 0,25mg

Flunitrazepam 1mg

Flurazepam 30mg

Loprazolam 1,5mg

Lormetazepam 1mg

Temazepam 20mg

Triazolam 0,25mg

19. Valseedian

Valseedian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    phenazepam is by far the 'strongest' benzodiazapine in my eyes.. nice and legal in most countries too..

20. Herbal Healer 019

Herbal Healer 019 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Restoril (<<<EDIT RIVOTRIL) & klonopin are both clonazepam.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011