Opinions - Which Benzodiazepine to Try Next?

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Memantine, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    istory... hello to you benzoheads, i like benzos a lot and have access to them, maybe rohypnol being the exception (maybe). I wanna change my current benzo (diazepam - valium) which has been my favorite by now, being replaced by lorazepam - ativanwhich developed high tolerance too quickly and had to take a lot, and before that clonazepam, which is more expensive and it lasts a lot which i like (not like alprazolam - xanax) but i always end up messed up more than i wished, like an amnesiac bastard. Before that I had alprazolam which just put me to sleep, the less preferred of the family no recreational value at all, either i feel mildly relaxed or i go to sleep for 24 hours. So heres the bottom line for you all veterans: I like benzos that last some time, that dont have so much memory issues, my favorite so far has been diazepam i think mixed with a little clonazepam. Please tell me what I should try next...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  2. Sektor

Sektor Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    hell, zoplicone is in he same family as zolpidem, which today let me down big time, i took 40 mg and barely felt anything, got the strange thoughts tho but almost no distinguishable visuals. besides its short acting, id rather take something that last more than 4 hours, thanks for the suggestiion though! anybody else with experience can tell me what benzo to choose for my next trials?

4. Memantine

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    well, thanks to everyone for the replies....

5. PsyDefects

PsyDefects Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from greece
    u can try some bromazepam, it has a mean half-life of about 20 hrs and comes in 1.5 mg, 3 mg, and 6 mg pills.

6. tshady

tshady Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
  7. mark_v

mark_v Newbie

Reputation Points:

Zolpidem does shit to me, even at dosages around 50 mg..

But 15 mg Zopiclone and i'm off [​IMG]

8. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I am a huge benzo fan too, although is sound like I don't get them as often as you. All the benzo's you've tried are amazlying beautiful ones. SWIM's favorite is between clonazepam and Alprazolam probably, although SWIM loves them all!

I noticed a few above recommened trying Zolpidem tartrate, and i just wanted to make it clear to you, that Zolpidem (Ambien) is not actually a benzodiazepine, it is classifield as a sedative/hypnotic. Zolpidem has a chemical structure that is different from those of benzodiazepines, barbiturates, or any other drugs with hypnotic properties. Although Zolpidem is not a benzodiazepine, it works and acts a bit similar to drugs classified as benzo's. Zolpidem works by binding to the BZ-1 receptor subtype of the GABAa receptor complez. That specific subtype has alot to do with sleep, which is why Zolpidem is a common prescribed sleep-aid. Although it's not a benzo, it does have recreational use! SWIM enjoy's ambien athough it produces a good amount of memory loss while intoxaced.

But my adivce for a trying a new benzodiazepine would be to try temazepam, it's short-acting but fun while it's there. It's often prescribed for sleeping, but didn't make SWIM to sleepy. Hope I helped.

9. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'd recommend Bromazepam if you haven't tried it. Brand name is Lexotan. Can't get this in the USA, however... I think it stopped going through FDA approval because it is supposedly more addictive than other benzos, especially when combined with opiates.

10. Raw edge

Raw edge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Which would you choose?

I have asked me for some advice on Benzos. I do not know which to recommend to him.

Here are his choices

10MG VALIUM
    XANAX 1MG
    Lorazepam 2mg
    KLONOPIN, 2mg
    DORMICUM (midazolam) 7.5 mg
    MG Bromazepam 6mg
    Mogadon 5 mg

Everything above is priced the same as any of the other. The exception is Valium, which costs half as much as the others.
    He told me he want to get the maximum bang for his buck. What would You recommend.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  11. dreamingawake

dreamingawake Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Which would you choose

take a look at the benzo equivalency chart it'll help you out :)
    I like xanax a whole lot, its a miracle drug. apparently.

12. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Please always include the chemical name of pharmaceutical drugs in your posts. This can be easily obtained from Google or other search engine. Doing so will avoid confusion on this international forum. Thank you.

13. UnderFaz

UnderFaz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

2 mg clonazepams definitely.

14. Beanfondler

Beanfondler Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The Xanax (alprazolam) for social adventures, Klonopin(clonazepam) is by far the best personal use benzo available without being required to be entering surgery or something.

Edit:

Swibf noticed the regulatory reminder, but sleep deprivation and a general tweak'id state lead to distortion and for whatever reason Swibf assumed importance was placed on the patented name.

Its a wonder what reality becomes when its experienced without interuption.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  15. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Read the post two posts above yours.

16. truth

truth Newbie

Reputation Points:

xanax makes me a social butterfly haha

17. PoppyHappy

PoppyHappy Newbie

Reputation Points:
  18. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Re: Which would you choose?

In reply to you's original post, I know which source You wants to get these from, a certain overseas pharmacy, hosted in a warm country SWIM shall not name. All the Roche brand drugs they sell are normals brands, the clonazepam is brand name Rivotril, midazolam is brand name Dormicum, bromazepam is brand name Lexotanil and nitrazepam is brand name Mogadon. The brand Klonopin is not the one they sell.

I would go for the Rivotril, since dose for dose they are the strongest tablets 4x stronger than the Valium(diazepam), 2x stronger than the Xanax(alprazolam), 2x stronger than the lorazepam, 4x stronger than the bromazepam and 8x stronger than the Mogadon(nitrazepam)

19. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Well for sleep, xanax is the best one. For anxiety Klonopin hands down the others swim just doesn't care for.

20. doublezero

doublezero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Valium, love those bue 10mg