Drug info - Which Drugs Are Classed as Deliriants?

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by noeticbuzz, Jan 7, 2005.

1. noeticbuzz

noeticbuzz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey I know that Datura and Dramamine are classified as deleriants and I was wondering what other substances are in this family.

Andplease share any experiences with deleriants.

2. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    BZ, chemical weapon from the vietnam war, Saddam had shitloads of this during the first Desert Storm.

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Well I did try diphenhydramine out for recreational purposes... But it became apparent that this was not a recreational substance. There were some visuals I suppose but I felt to tired and bpred to admire them and there was nothing relxing or euphoric about the experience. I would honestly have to say that it made me feel worse than before I took the junk. It definately numbs your thought as well. I do use unisoms about twice a week, however, to help ease my sleeping problems and they do help quite a bit. A double dose allows me to sleep within about an hour.

4. par excellence.

par excellence. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I did maybe 500 or 600 MG of diphenhydramine once and I was CRAZY
    fucked. I didn't have non-stop visual hallucinations, but it was like I
    kept drifting in and out of a bad dream... heard whispering and stuff
    constantly and was very wired up/sketchy.

Towards the end of the trip I supposedly fell to the ground shaking
    saying something about, "It's in the car..." and then went to sleep...
    then the morning after I slept in 'til about 4 PM.

I personally enjoyed it (I'm into the whole horror in beauty and beauty
    in horror thing, and NOT for regular use... only every now and then),
    but it is not for everyone.

5. par excellence.

par excellence. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I forgot to add: I also kept talking back/yelling at the whispers I
    constantly heard, telling them to SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP! ... heh.
    It's like drug-induced insanity-and-nightmare, really.

6. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah, dipenhydramine is some really messed up stuff. the most realistic hallucinations i have ever had. and i didn't doubt them until i went up to them and literally just brushed them away. some were incredably scary as well.

as for any other deliriants, i have tried a prescription drug called cyclobenzapine (im prettyyyy sure thats the right name). i did 40mg of the stuff. it made me EXTREMELY tired (i think it may have just knocked me right out). but when i was awake, i was definatly delerious and hallucinating. weird stuff. search it on erowid, there are some experiences.

7. CrystalDextro

CrystalDextro Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i wonder why delierants make people tired is the delilusions part of sleep deprevation from excellerated mental fatigue? or maybe its just fatigue that is a side affect from changing your reality(possible a price to pay) well Diphenhydramine, Bz, & Datura there are many organics such Amamita Musicaria & Belladona/ Nightshade

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I would hardly classify Amanita Muscaria as a delirient. Though it once was thought to contain atropine as an active principle, this was later replaced to thinking bufotenine was the active. Both are now in the trash can. Ibotenic acid and muscimole are now agreed to be the causitive principle in a. muscaria intoxication. And this effect is not considered to be that of a delirient hallucinogen. I think it's in a class of it's own.

9. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    what would be a good dosage of dipenhydramine if i want to have these incredibly realistic halluciantions im hearing about? This intrigues me. and what are the potential health implications of abusing this substance? any info would be greatly appreciated. ThanksEdited by: IHrtHalucingens

10. vacant

vacant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Diphenhydramine isn't as cool as it may even remotely sound. I don't remember the dosage I had (but I think it was about 24 Benadryl), but man, it wasn't fun! For the comeup, I felt as if I couldn't get comfortable in my own skin; I just felt all squirmy and uncomfortable. After an HOUR of that (it was really driving me nuts), I started feeling really strange, almost crazy (dare I say...delerious?). My vision was a bit off, but I got up and ventured around my house. I kept seeing my dead cat on the floor. At first, it was just in the corner of my eye, then gone...but it kept getting more real. Matched with the "crazy" feeling, I decided to just go to sleep. The walls kept coming in on me in an ominous way, and it took hours of "craziness" to get asleep.

It was like a nightmare in an asylum.

I'm sure there are better things out there that will get much better results.

11. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dramamine, bendryl. Datura and it's relatives like Henbane, belladona etc all have a number of delirient drugs in them like scopolomine, atropine, metaloidine. Ambien might be a delirient as well.

The Amanitas are not delirients at all. They are their own unique class of hallucinogens

12. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Ambien is a sedative-hypnotic, although it might indeed have some delirient effects. I am on 7.5mg as he types this, and the typing is at about 1/20th his normal speed, with the mind going off constantly on a lot of tangents. It's difficult but not impossible to concentrate on browsing the forums here, but this is a pretty limited/focused activity.

SWIM hears what he just realized is the clothes dryer near the living room going in the background. He thought it was the TV set on, with some sort of soundtrack and voices speaking in the distance (can't make 'em out though).

Dryer just stopped, I gotta pull the clothes out now. End of post.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  13. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Re: Deleriants

i have never tried deleriants yet but think the hallucinations are probably a side effect of sleep deprivation (of course i may just be crazy, because no one else has pointed this out). heres why:

when sitting through REALLY boring lectures with a x-large coffee trying my hardest not to fall asleep, sometimes i get hallucinations like the ones reported for deleriants, that are more like dreams than hallucinations but can't easily be distinguished from reality. for example i might spill my coffee and freak out, then when i look at my cup it isn't spilled.

I am thinking of trying deleriants out of curiosity, and i would very much like to see how his experiences compare to sitting through a boring lecture

Last edited: Nov 16, 2006
  14. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Deleriants

Being very tired (like diphenhydramine makes one tired) is not the same as being sleep deprived.

But you're right, I used to stay up for 2 or 3 days at a time on speed pretty regularly and see thick liquids oozing from under the cracks in doors, panic to have to clean them up and not realise they're not real untill he's stood up.