1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Which home drug-tests (urine/hair/saliva) are reliable?

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by Alfa, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    Home drug tests can easily purchased and can be used to check if an upcoming drug test, will likely to turn out well.

But which products are reliable, and which are not? This is an important puzzle to solve.

To provide the 4.1 million readers at drugs-forum with information about this topic, I would like to solicit your experiences in this very thread, and I would also like to request that members review home drug testing products.

So if you want to post a review for a drug testing product, then please:
    Read these instructions:
    Reviews FAQ - How to review items, create items, and more
    - Add a test kit here or ask us to add it.
    - Add your review to the Test Kit listing.
    - Take some pics of the product and add these.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  2. ash28

ash28 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I want to know what people would say about this, though i tried it once and looks pretty accurate.

K2 Quick View Synthetic Marijuana Urine Drug Test, can detect two of the most common synthetic marijuana chemicals found in herbal smoking blends. i prefer urine test than swab. although swab is more easier and isn't messy.

3. GingerCrock

GingerCrock Newbie

Reputation Points:
    22 y/o from serbia_and_montenegro
    if i would have to choose, i would choose urin test! :)

4. Diverboone

Diverboone Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is a very good question. But I believe it may be hard to find good creditable answers. What would be your criteria for reliability? In theory reliability could be determined by GC/MS, but I'm not aware of anyone sending their home testing results for GC/MS confirmation.
    I do look forward to hearing members personal experiences with home drug testing kits. And whether their home kit was in agreement with their use and other drug test that might have been required of them.

Diverboone added 17 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

This is from the FDA's (Food and Drug Administration) website.

How accurate are these tests?
    The at-home testing part of this test is fairly sensitive to the presence of drugs in the urine. This means that if drugs are present, you will usually get a preliminary (or presumptive) positive test result. If you get a preliminary positive result, you should send the urine sample to the laboratory for a second test.

It is very important to send the urine sample to the laboratory to confirm a positive at-home result because certain foods, food supplements, beverages, or medicines can affect the results of at-home tests. Laboratory tests are the most reliable way to confirm drugs of abuse.
    Many things can affect the accuracy of these tests, including (but not limited to):

• the way you did the test
    • the way you stored the test or urine
    • what the person ate or drank before taking the test
    • any other prescription or over-the-counter drugs the person may have taken before the test
    Note that a result showing the presence of an amphetamine should be considered carefully, even when this result is confirmed in the laboratory testing. Some over-the-counter medications will produce the same test results as illegally-abused amphetamines.
    http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/P...roDiagnostics/DrugsofAbuseTests/ucm125722.htm

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    I want to get some reviews going of home self screening drug tests. I have set up a category in the reviews section here. Feel free to add product to it or ask me to add it for you. More information here:
    Reviews FAQ - How to review items, create items, and more
    Once a drug test product is in there, you can easily add a review for it.

@stryder09 @Jasim Do you know which home testing kits are popular?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017