Opinions - Which is better recreationally of these zaleplon, zolpidem, zopiclone

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by sw2431, Apr 17, 2007.

1. sw2431

sw2431 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    which should swiI shoot for at the doc in your opinion for best high

2. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well it differs from person to person, but in general SWIdr would say Zopidem is the best, followed by Zaleplon, and Zopiclone and or eszopiclone last. For SWIdr (personally) Zopidem has been more euphoric but causes amnesia, and Zaleplon is almost as euphoric without the amnesia, Zopiclon (Eszopiclone) is not a recreational pill for SWIdr, but it can compliment other drugs effects. The good news is if You chooses a non-euphoric drug, he can complain that it doesn't work and ask to switch meds!

3. Matt The Funk

Matt The Funk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Zoplidem iis my favorite, well atleast the one he finds most interesting. I have Lunesta in the US(not sure if it's eszopliclone or just zopliclone, or what the difference would be really) but he finds it very similiar to xanax(alprazolam) yet distinctly different.

4. Expat98

Expat98 Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    My experience (which concurs with everything I've ever read from other people) is that zopiclone (Lunesta) is completely useless for recreational purposes. It's good for putting you to sleep though.

5. drab4

drab4 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have only used two of the three mentioned

Zolpidem he rates quite highly for recreational value. Mixed with a couple of beers it gives him a pleasant feeling. He feels laid back and jovial

Zopiclone he doesn't rate so highly. It's probably his least favourite benzo or derivative for recreational purposes

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  6. Raw edge

Raw edge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Interesting My experience is different than most.
    He has found Zopiclone (Zimovane)to be highly recreational and effective as a sleep aid
    He has found zolpidem useless for both purpose even with increased dosages

He has hasn't tried out zaleplon so no opinions on that one.

7. dreamingawake

dreamingawake Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I use zolpidem alot because she cant sleep, but every now and then likes keep herself awake for a while and have fun.. and knows that while its not always possible to stay awake, if you can manage it, its well worth it. She takes 10-15mg. The loss of memory can be a bit unsettling though. She has never tried zopiclone or zaleplon so cant say anything about them!