1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Health - Which is safer MDMA or Cocaine?

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by cheesefan, Apr 14, 2009.

1. cheesefan

cheesefan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So a friend of mine is thinking of trying MDMA for the first time. He is going to use the pure powder form. He weighs about 230 pounds and has high blood pressure. He is always nervous about trying new drugs for this reason, but he has been using cocaine lately and although his pressure rises and heart races, he seems fine and never has problems.

So my question is which is safer and less stress on your body and heart MDMA or cocaine? I know one is a amphetamine and one is a stimulant but which is more deadly?

If hes been doing cocaine lately without problems, is it safe to say the MDMA wont make him stroke or anything like that?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
  2. Boca Bitch

Boca Bitch Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cocaine is more dangerous than MDMA, in terms of short-term damage, long-term damage, and addictive potential.

3. dredknot

dredknot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm no expert, but cocaine is the second most addictive and most harmfull drug out there, second only to heroin. I'm sure your friend will be fine on pills.

4. buzzman

buzzman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.K.
    Its really depends on the dosage.

Though cocaine tends to be a much more destructive drug for some people due to its addictive nature.

5. RaverHippie

RaverHippie Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, U.S.A.
    MDMA is less of a stress on the circulatory system than cocaine.

6. RedBaron

RedBaron Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from Canada
    If Swiys friend is doing coke then he should be fine with mdma for sure. Especially since You is getting the purer powder form where it will be much less of a stress on the heart and inner functions than coke or a compressed xtc tab.

7. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Cocaine isn't an amphetamine. It's a stimulant like the amphetamines, but is one of many alkaloids in the coca plant. It's said to be worse for the heart than even meth, due to its anesthetizing qualities. It's not very physically addictive, but is EXTREMELY psychologically addictive and can make You feel like shit when coming down (not the same as physical addiction).

MDMA, when in its pure form, is relatively harmless provided youou stays hydrated and doesn't get overheated. With high blood pressure, it's prolly not the best idea to overexert youourself on ANY drug, especially ones with stimulant properties. MDMA has some neurological toxicity to serotonin receptors (suspected), but isn't overly hard on the cardiovascular system and other organs. The main danger with MDMA is taking something that's NOT MDMA, getting overheated, dehydrated, or OD'ing on too high a dose. But it's definitely "better" for You than cocaine.

Might be a good idea to get a hold of some bp meds like Atenolol/Propanolol just in case. Xanax, Valium, and other benzos are also good for when things get too intense.

8. cannabis-sam

cannabis-sam Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    He could start with a low, dose, MDMA does increase blood pressure, so to advise doing it can't be good. I would reccomend speaking to your doctor about it.

If he does decide to do it regardless he shouldn't do it in very high doses as, from what I understand, the stimulant effects increase with dose.

9. cheesefan

cheesefan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the replies. A lot of you seem to think I am asking about which is more addictive and worse to get into. But I clearly stated
    "which is safer and less stress on your body and heart MDMA or cocaine?"
    I ( and most of the world) know cocaines addiction potential.

I am only concerned about the bodily harm, mainly heart.

Thanks

10. rxbandit

rxbandit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Both in moderation will not cause lasting bodily harm. Cocaine has caused irregular heartbeats for swirx. MDMA increases blood pressure I believe as well as muscle tension, some residual soreness of face muscles and teeth is likely.

Again purity is the real decider of how dangerous a drug is, as well as dosage. If purity is good and discretion is used on dosage You will be fine.

Do you have a medical condition that would make You worried about the heart issue?

11. cheesefan

cheesefan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You has high blood pressure and thats why he is concerned

cheesefan added 0 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

and is overweight

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  12. DiiZZy_D

DiiZZy_D Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Actually the most addictive drug is Tobbacco with 95% of users being addicted, compared to 30% with cocaine, and 45% with heroine.

The diffrence with cocaine and xtc, is that cocain will increase ur heartrate for 15-30 minutes, wheras rolls increse ur heartrate for about 3-6 hrs... i dunno if it matters in ur friends case but its definatly somthing to think of

13. yabbi

yabbi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    So he SHOULD be concerned! The first issue is the best reason *not* to do amphetamine like drugs.... (or any drugs)

14. thegooddr

thegooddr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    cheesefan me good man have a look at "is alcohol worse than ecstasy" documentary, swim tryed to upload it to videos but the section is closed. its all over the net anyway.
    any how its a recap of the uk's 20 most dangerous drugs in 2008. mdma came in at no. 18 and coke no. 2 (alcohol no. 5) and swims sure everyone is aware of the damage that coke and alcohol when mixed (cocaethylene) may cause to the heart.
    but to answer swiys question pure mdma is a lot easyer on the heart than cocaine.
    hope this helps you make the right choice.

15. Dr. Satan

Dr. Satan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    TheGoodDr Brought some good precisions.

Here is what's possible to find on the long-term effects:

Cocaine

Different routes of cocaine administration can produce different adverse effects. Regularly snorting cocaine, for example, can lead to loss of sense of smell, nosebleeds, problems with swallowing, hoarseness, and an overall irritation of the nasal septum, which could result in a chronically inflamed, runny nose. Ingested cocaine can cause severe bowel gangrene, due to reduced blood flow.
    Persons who inject cocaine have puncture marks called “tracks” most commonly in their forearms, and may experience allergic reactions.Many chronic cocaine users lose their appetite and experience significant weight loss and malnourishment.
    One of the worst things is cocaine's strong addictif power.

MDMA

There is growing evidence of a permanent neurologic injury related to MDMA use. The long-term effects of MDMA are related to damage to/depletion of the serotonergic nerve terminals themselves. To date the deficits appear to be related to memory function.
    Some other neurologic effects like: confusion, agitation, hallucinations, seizures, hypotension, hepatotoxicity and liver failure.
    The MDMA has a much less important addictif power.

16. benzochap

benzochap Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Neither are safe and it more depends on what junk has been added to the respective narcotics as well. Either way someone with a dodgy ticker or HBP would do better to avoid these sorts of drugs anyway.

17. HD83

HD83 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from pakistan
    I personally think Cocaine is a much more destructive drug than MDMA but again it all depends on the purity of the pill.

18. toppalini

toppalini Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    They're both really easy to OD on if highly pure. MDMA is much more neurotoxic. Cocaine has a greater potential to be addictive and cause compulsive use and cravings. But it's much safer for the brain. The MDMA high is way more obvious than the high from cocaine unless you're smoking/shooting it.

The entire high of powder cocaine is just wanting more cocaine and MDMA gets you really high but it's super bad for you and usually fake or cut (like cocaine)

19. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I'd say cocaine is worst. I've seen the short term and long term effects of both on people who've abused them, as well on myself, and I feel MDMA is safer. Both of them change a persons personality, one makes people more empathetic and the other makes people more egotistical.

Plus cocaine has the levamisole issue. In my area at least MDMA is cheaper now and much more pure. Not that the cocaine is bad around here but still not as pure as the clear shards floating about. I'd say in most places in the world, cocaine is less pure than MDMA.

-GC

-GC