1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Which is the best? Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, or Tramadol?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by howlongisthenight, Sep 7, 2006.

1. howlongisthenight

howlongisthenight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Assuming you have equal access to Hydrocodone, Tramadol and Percocet, which do my prefer? Lets say that a CWE can be perfromed so there is not APAP, and lets leave out oxycontin because everyone would pick that.

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    percocet and oxycontin have the same active drug in them, oxycodone. many people would thus prefer percocet.

however, hydrocodone and oxycodone feel subjectively similar to many people, so some swims would prefer this over oxy. some people probably couldnt tell the difference.

tramadol feels a bit different. read the experience reports in the opiates forum to get a feeling for how different swims feel about this drug. its an SSRI as well as an opiate, so many people report it being a bit speedier or more uncomfortable than standard opiates.

still I would think that most people would prefer percocet, followed closely by hydrocodone.

nice thursday reference in the username, btw.

3. Fantasian

Fantasian Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF personally prefers Hydrocodone over Oxycodone but the experience of both is very similar. The feelings given are trademark of opiates and tend to be very intense and pleasurable. These SWIF has commonly used on a night in with a friend to relax.

Tramadol is significantly weaker than both Hydrocodone and Oxycodone and produces markedly differant effects. As mentioned above Tramadol is a Selective serotonin reuptake inhibiter as well as an opiate type drug. SWIF found this to be quite a differant feeling, less intense more tingley.

Asking which is best is a difficult question to answer. A more specific question would be "Which is most intense etc." Each drug has differant properties and depending on what the drug user desires depends on which is best for him and her. Hydrocodone for SWIF is the most euphoric, intense and pleasurable which is what i guess you mean :)

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    SWIM always preferred oxycodone (i.e. percocet) over hydrocodone, with Tramadol coming in a distant third.

5. Bhaal

Bhaal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM prefers oxycodone, however hydrocodone is also very good, but I think the effects don't last as long with the hydrocodone. A good combo is Oxycodone and Soma, the soma almost doubles the effect of the oxycodone, very nice when trying to save oxycodone/hydrocodone. But that is SWIM's personal opinion. :)

6. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Just be sure not to overdo it with the soma. I dont know if soma depresses breathing, but a general good rule of thumb is to not mix downer with downer.

7. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Percocet, no question, ration of oxycodone to hydrocodone is about 2:3 respectively. Forget the Soma, much better to take Atarax (hydroxyzine), it potentiates much better.

8. Klaus

Klaus Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find Tramadol of no use apart from pain relief.

9. mikestafford06

mikestafford06 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    39 y/o
    SWIM strongly prefers oxycodone over hydrocodone,I say that a mainlined dose (30-40mg) is simply heavenly.:crazy

10. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    oxy can feel quite nice! but he would reccomend to people not to start out mainlining 40 mg unless you have quite a tolerance already. (swim assumes swimike can handle it, I am just looking out for people new to opiates).

11. Nizzle

Nizzle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    I have been taking hydrocodone every weekend for a long time now, but has recently lost any means of getting it. Apon looking around for more, he discovered he could get Oxycontin. Seeing as how it was a deal that he just couldn't pass up (80mg for 1/4 the normal price per pill), he decided to buy a stash. I have to say that Oxycodone has a much more pronounced narcotic feeling than hydrocodone, where I would just relax and be happy. The fact that I have to cut the 80's into pieces and snort and/or load it into capsules to be swallowed may make a difference also, where I used to just take hydrocodone time release and all.

12. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    I have never heard of hydrocodone being time release. This would imply that it would be in a high dose without acetaminophen, which would be CII. But I don't believe such pills exist, at least not in the U.S. Swallowing the hydrocodone whole would make for less surface area than a crushed pill (even a crushed pill in a capsule, since the capsule dissolves rather quickly).

Hydrocodone and oxycodone have a similar feeling to SWIM but oxycodone does produce more euphoria for some, but SWIM suspects that crushing the oxy (plus the fact that its in larger doses to begin with) is why swiNizzle gets more enjoyment from it.

13. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor Supporter

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oxy is nice, though I like hydrocodone a bit better for some reason.

Tramadol is a quite different substance in swim's opinion. It has an SSRI action and its effects aren't similar to other drugs in the same class. Swim feels he likes it almost better as the experience just feels better overall to him, even if the euphoria is overall less than oxy or hydrocodone.

14. Nizzle

Nizzle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    SWIM just meant that he takes the hydrocodones whole, without crushing or CWE.

15. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Swim prefers hydrocodone over oxy, especially for euphoria. Sometimes he can take a solid dose of oxy, then get strong effects like itching and relaxation, but not the euphoria of hydro.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  16. Bacchus24

Bacchus24 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find that crushed 10mg cyclobenzaprine pills mixed with 5mg oxycodone ampules at a rate of 1:8 works very well, but is too strong for first-time users

17. Nizzle

Nizzle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    I find that 10mg cyclobenzaprine = sleeping all day.

18. Bacchus24

Bacchus24 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I do realize that cyclobenzaprine isnt a social drug per se but has never fallen asleep on them, although has seen several people pass out for the night on 5mg. A similar combo would be Hydrocodone and Benadryl, although thats a little bleak for most people, it does increase the opiate buzz quite a bit, as does amphetamine. (<

19. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    Back on topic, people! Start a new thread on combinations if you my wish to discuss them.

20. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM prefers hydrocodone over oxycodone any day.