Which parts are the inhibitors?

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by ravaged_eden, May 4, 2006.

1. ravaged_eden

ravaged_eden Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know, I know, another Ritalin post. But bear with me. I am either going to get plain Ritalin pills or, if SWIM can swing it, Aderall, in a few weeks but for now the Concerta is what SWIM's got, so he'd like to use it while he's got it.

Upon scraping off the outer layer of the pill I found that it is divided into three different sections, each a different color. One side is a dark green, the middle is a peachy color similar to the outer layer of the pill, and the other side is white. Now I am assuming that the white portion is the Ritalin and the other two are inhibitors, but he'd like to double check. Does anyone know?

2. trial-x

trial-x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    No... this is how the extended release works! Each color is a combination of the methylphenidate and a binder, each having a different absorbtion rate. That way, when taken as prescribed and the pill is swallowed intact, the outer coating dissolves in he stomache leaving the different colored sections which dissolve at different rates. So you get one dose fairly immediately, then another after a few hours, etc. I amn't sure how to get around the extended release. I have bitten through the hard pills and chewed up the nasty buggers, but it didn't help much since the delay isn't in the coating. I don't think I would try snorting them.