Which RC is most comparable to LSD?

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by TitusCrow, Feb 9, 2007.

1. TitusCrow

TitusCrow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWITC has had much experience with 2C-e , 2C-b and 5-Meo-Dipt.

Out of those three SWITC would have to say that 2C-e is the most comparable to LSD.

He thoroughly enjoys it unless he's around more than one other person. A crowd is too much for SWITC to handle on 2C's, not that he freaks out, he just feels really out of place and distant from others when he's on it.

So what would You say?

2. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    well, lysergamide derivatives, right.

AL-LAD
    ETH-LAD
    PRO-LAD
    ALD-52
    MLD-41
    LA-111 (not an RC)
    and a few others lysergamide derivatives

Only a lysergamide derivative will possibly feel similar to LSD-25, of course.
    Other trypts and phens cannot feel like lsd.

Now, all we can say is that some phens and trypts effects can compare FAVOURABLY to lsd in terms of activity (+3) and visuals (yeah, 2c-e and 2cb do), but certainly not in terms of feelings experienced. Lysergide compounds have their own feeling, their own wave/vibration, which isn't the same as 2C's induced sensations.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  3. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    ^ I wouldn't say lysergamide (LA-111) wjether or not it's a research chemical as it reportedly has a narcotic type of feel to it and not the alerting effect of LSD. Agree with the others though and would add lysergic acid morpholide which is reportedly very like LSD but shorter acting and requiring 3x the dose that LSD is active at

4. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It is a toss-up between 2cb+2cn, DOC, or DOB. All provide vivid visuals - 2cb used with 2cn create colorful (more colorful than LSD) cartoon images of objects for about 4 hours - TVs breathing alot of, color funnels full of cotton candy colors would swirl around the room, objects appear as though they belong in a WB cartoon. (This is when swim accidently took twice as much as recommended by Erowid) DOC is all about colors - pastel. I would experience swirls of pastel colors moving across the room, everything seem to be happy and enjoyable, just pleasant visions, until the 20th hour then swim wanted to go to sleep. DOB is different from DOC is that the pastels are missing. Everything seems a little bit darker, hallucinations seem to peak in the 8-13 hours and can get pretty wild. I feel it would have been difficult to do really anything but lie on the bed stare out the sliding door or ceiling and watch the shadows shift and objects morph. It is much darker than its cousin DOC. Each has qualities of LSD, but are slightly different. Swim states that he prefers 2cb/2cn over LSD, because one feels great, the images are more colorful, one is sociable and it lasts only 4 hours. In this fast moving world I live in sometimes it is difficult to devote two days to a high as with DOC and DOB. But all three are great subsitutes for LSD.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  5. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    I would have to agree on the DOC bit, as I have had a wonderfull experiance on it, that he would only compare to lsd in effects, but the durration was much much longer, SWIM and a friend had amazing visuals, dissociative/out of body experiances, as well as auditory hallucinations. I had taken about 4mg on blotter at 9am, and took sleeping pills to get to sleep at arround 1am, his friend was up till 7am... only then could he sleep. So... yes, its very similar to acid, but be prepared for a loooong trip.
    PS are any of those lysergamide derivatives actualy available?

6. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    no, unless you personally know some experienced chemist with serious knowledge in organic chemistry that has the competences to make lsd itself (and I would add that for some of them, you might need to produce lsd at first and then transform it into something else, so that would be an illegal procedure)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  7. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Funny thing...when my friend Swim began experimenting with 2C-E, he generally did it while at home, alone, at night.

Having done it a couple dozen times over the course of a year, it now feels like an old friend. He sometimes takes 20mg and goes out drinking. He's found that he is more outgoing and sociable whilst tripping on 2C-E and drinking than when just drinking.

ECL
    (No, he doesn't drive on those nights.)

8. OrganicMusic

OrganicMusic Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from bangladesh
    Is there access to any of these chems other than being a chemist?

I have never seen any offered, but am curious.

I agree with genero that that no other drugs will feel the same as LSD, SWIM can only wish. In SWIM's 2c-e is not a very close trip to LSD. 4-ho-dmt feels much more similar to him.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The only one of the above to have seen the light of day in the public market - as such - was ALD-52. Generally a chemist wanting to sell something like LSD-25 would make LSD-25 as it's the most potent and, hence, cost effective. ALD-52 has about 90% of the potency of LSD. The others fall off quickly on that scale.

10. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    LSD i find to be so multifaceted it's hard to say... many other chems can approximate some of its guises. DOC comes to mind, as does 2CE. Many others in terms of visuals... tryptamines mostly. Though their body high is quite different from the range actual LSD can provide. 4-AcO-Mipt for the fluffiness LSD can sometimes provide. When LSD is rough it's more like DOC...

11. seechao

seechao Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from Canada
    I amnt sure about availability, but he has seen pure LSA extracts available, and SWIM's MG experiments reminded him alot of LSD.

12. boti420

boti420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is a question that always pops up on the forums. Usually it due to the fact that someone can't obtain LSD and is looking for a substitute. Well you can stop looking as there is no true substitute to lsd. While psilocybin has man chemical cousins especially in the 4-aco/ho series tha tare very similir in effect, there is yet a lsd cousin to be discovered that had similiar effetc. Thats not ivcluding lsd analogues such as ald-52. The closest is probably DOC, though DPT can have a similiar character sometimes.

When it comes to the phenethylamine such as 2c-e it's really not fair to compare the two. Lsd does have a phenethylamine in it's chemical structure, but it behaves more like a tryptamine. There is nothing that comes close to lsd in effects. No chemical will prepare you for the effects of lsd or even give you an fair idea of what LSD does. These other RC's are good for opening your mind and letting you see possibilties, but don't look for a lsd substittue as you won't ever find one.

13. chemlove

chemlove Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    My friend SWIM always told me that 2ce has LSD like effects, but honestly its different, he always tries to break down to me the waves theory. He explains to me that when on lsd you tend to hit your peak and stay at a level for several hours and come out of it with a wonderful outlook on life. With 2ce he told me that rather then hitting a peak and staying there for x amount of time, that when you do 2ce it comes in phases maybe 2 hours in your feeling it 90 minutes later you may almost feel sober, but a small amount of time later your in a diverse world of beautiful colors and a total body numbness different then lsd. he told me you may go in and out of several "waves" before gradually coming down in a less harsh way then on lsd.

14. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My I would agree with the above statement on 2C-E. He says it does seem to come and go in waves. He thinks it probably depends on how focused one is on something vs daydreaming and mind-wandering.

ECL

15. jux

jux Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    in MIF's opinion 2ce isnt like lsd at all...the visuals are different, the body high is different, state of mind is different...besides the fact that both give visuals, they are worlds apart...

16. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Would MIF be willing to expand on that? I am interested, as he has tried 2C-E but not LSD. His father told him that 2C-E was similar to LSD, but more grounded and friendly, in a sense. Care to give a compare-and-contrast of visuals, body high, and state of mind?

ECL
    (I have the rare attribute of having tripped with both his parents on separate occasions.)

17. jux

jux Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    its kind of hard to explain...but i'll try...

for mif, the body high was much more intense (not neccesarily in a good way) with 2ce than with lsd. lsd was more of a mind fuck and had much more movement visually. 2c-e seems to be more color and depth focused. lsd visuals were much more crisp and had longer more detailed tracers than with 2c-e. the he way saw patterns in objects and the ways the colors were enhanced are also different b/w the two. of the two, mif prefers lsd...

in mif's opinion, the 2ce trip just has a different feel and look to it than lsd. its like the difference between acid and shrooms or the difference between shrooms and cacti...they all make you trip, but each takes you to a different place.

that being said, mif has a lot more experiance with lsd than with 2c-e (in fact he just started his 2c-e research very recently) so your impressions of the two chems may be different than his.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
    1. 4/5,
      thanks
      Aug 11, 2007
  18. psilocybonaut

psilocybonaut Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Under the influence of 23mg 2C-B, I got visuals that he has only previously gotten from LSD. He found the visuals quite similar. However, 2C-B is pretty much all sensory hallucinations and it's not really a "mindfuck", it doesn't lead to ego dissolution or something. If you EVER get a chance, do a 2C-B+MD(M)A combo. It is so beautiful because 2C-B=Sex and MD(M)A=Love, so the synergy works out perfectly. However, other than the visual activity, 2C-B is not very similar to LSD.

I find the DOx compounds to feel the most like LSD due to their long duration and stimulation. DOM is a compound that really reminded me of LSD, unfortunately it's schedule 1. I would check out DOC, it is unscheduled and I have heard many good things about it (my brother literally thought DOC was God's gift from Heaven until I gave him 300mcg of LSD :) ).

19. mictihtoya

mictihtoya Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think 2C-E is the psychedelic most similar to LSD besides other lysergic acid amides. Both are of medium duration, inspire cosmic consciousness, bring deeply symbolic and archetypical concepts to the forefront of your mind, can be very confrontational, very analytical, and the visuals tend to include a few full blown hallucinations instead of only the kaleidoscopic patterning, colors, fractals, and CEVs of most other psychedelics.

The DO* series are nothing like LSD. They're far too speedy, euphoric, and recreational (pretty easy to do normal everyday activities on DO*, but it can be hard to communicate with other humans on LSD or 2C-E).

Most of the other 2C's are too visual and tactile to compare to LSD. 2C's are more like MDA than LSD. Mescaline is basically the same as the 2C's in this regard too.

5-MeO-DIPT and 5-MeO-MIPT are the only tryptamines I've tried that reminded me of LSD, in fact the body fry with these two chemicals is very similar to LSD indeed. The paranoia can be similar too. The visuals, duration, and emotional nature of these two are nothing like LSD though.

20. nleksan

nleksan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM just acquired a ten strip last night of what is supposedly very potent LSD. Actually, it was two five strips, one being perforated white blotters, the other being unperforated blotters, slightly thicker than the first but still normal size; i.e. 1/4". So, I took one of the perforated blotters around 9:30PM and smoked some kind herb, then went over to his friends house where he consumed one of the other unperforated blotters at around 10:30PM, perhaps 11:00. He had already started to feel the onset of a trip before he took the second dose, but wanted to be sure it would be fairly strong. Actually, he's not sure if he really was starting to trip before he took the second blotter, as the marijuana he smoked was incredibly potent. He still thinks he was tripping.

Anyway, it was at about 11:15 to 11:30 PM that he really started to feel himself being pulled into another world. He was talking quite a bit and in a very happy mood, but realized that other (sober) people were probably having a hard time following what he was saying. This is also when the visuals kicked in. They were very kaleidescopic and there was a lot of morphing of peoples' faces, both those around me and those of people on TV. It was extremely noticeable. Geometric patterns, such as those on the wall of the bathroom and the stucco ceiling on the living room began rearranging themselves in familiar, but fleeting, shapes, such as faces and writing that looked almost ancient South American. There was also a lot of color shifting, with techno-colored hues covering everything. Lastly, there was a lot of very bright colored dots flying around his vision, something I had only before experienced with 2C-E. I had never had an acid trip this hard before, except, in fact, for his first one which was almost identical in feel, and this was around the 20th time he'd consumed it. The only thing he noticed was that even over some of the less visual, but "cleaner" feeling acid, this acid had an intense body load, not necessarily uncomfortable, but it made it's present well known. Feelings of electricity running through what felt like all his nerves, and a very heavy feeling in his chest. He didn't have trouble breathing, but it just seemed as if it took more effort to fully expand his chest. SWIM apologizes for the rather long story, but he is really curious as to what chemical he might have consumed, hoping that it is indeed LSD. It can be so hard to know what exactly is swimming around our streets these days.