1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Strains - Which strain or type of kratom works best as an anxiolytic?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Who Said That?, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Who Said That?

Who Said That? Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I suffer quite severely with social anxiety and would like to know a good strain of Kratom that would suit his personality.

I have read reports of Kratoms sedating effects, which have been likened to that of opioids?? - Could You recommend swim a strain that has the best potential of the effects mentioned?

I have looked around the forum and another specialized forum and is confused as to which would be best to try.

Please be aware I am not looking to self medicate but simply something to use every other week for some modest recreational fun time.

2. semaj

semaj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Kratom + Anxiety?

I find bali to be the most relaxing and really makes conversating enjoyable and lifts swims mood. I find other strains to be about the same as far as lifting mood but without the relaxing, opiate similar effects.

3. Space Numpty

Space Numpty Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england

I am interested in Kratom Properties and their effect as a natural sedative/anti-depressant and anti-anxiety substance.

So far he has only tried a couple of grams of 30x extract which he got from a head shop and, after researching online, realises it was very expensive. He has just ordered 50g of premium Bali and 3g of Ultra enhanced Indo online for the same price lol.

SWIM reports that Kratom does indeed reduce "general blueness", enhancing the mood in quite an energetic way and reducing stress/anxiety, pretty similar to a fair opiate buzz, maybe like 120mg of codiene to a newbie, but much less nausia than I experience with Opiates.

I have a question though. Do regular users of Kratom think that the negative effects outweigh the benefits. To be honest I have trawled the forum and can find very little negative comments aside from potential addiction, but he though he would ask the question anyway. Are there any "Kratom has ruined my life" SWIMmers? The last thing I need is another destructive love affair with a substance, but so far he thinks Kratom could be a great product for many, including himself. Any comments?

4. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland

Like most other drugs Kratom abuse will lead to a higher tolerance and I find that after a while he is taking Kratom to feel normal and no longer gets any Euphoria from it at all.

Kratom Withdrawals for Swim have been hellish at times, the worst part being the Restless Leg Syndrome which has taken up to 3 weeks to stop.

My sex drive is also effected by regular Kratom use. Initially Swim enjoyed sex on Kratom but after a while his libido vanished and his performance was effected.

Swim used Kratom mainly for the Euphoria which helped with his depression but in the long run it stopped working and became a hindrance more than a help.

If You can maintain as low a dose as possible and take at least 2 days off between using it then it could be used as a long term aid, but this will all depend on Swiys will power.

Swim also liked how Kratom helped him sleep initially, but after a while I found it impossible to get a good sleep after the dose had been increased.

5. Lippmannk1

Lippmannk1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I know SWIyou will hate me for saying this, but SWIM learned long ago that covering your weaknesses with drugs kills your maturity in such areas. For example, I am 20, and he can honestly say he has the maturity of a 16 year old due to 4 years heavy opiate use, both made by his hand and not.

You would do well to heed SWIM's warning not to depend on substances to help you with socialization and such. Substances prevent you from growing and maturing. He had the same problem, and now he has to learn how not to be shy all over again. It kinda sucks and it is messing with his education. I use something once or twice every two weeks max, and it is still setting him back. :confused:

But, I hear low doses of Kratom have a stimulating effect, and might help (once in a blue moon). Definitely do NOT rely on it as an antidepressent. Anything with opiate like properties will screw you and make your depression MUCH worse eventually. Keep in mind I have 4 years experience with opiates and a boatload of knowledge about them, but none with Kratom.

I hope this info helped you.

-K

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2011
  6. arizona79

arizona79 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

My ferret has been a nearly-every day user for the past year and has had a few negative effects: mild constipation, restless legs for a couple of days if go without... sex drive usually doesn't go down, but it can be harder for her to orgasm sometimes- and her drive has actually increased on occasion with it. She experiences the same levels of euphoria nearly every day, and on those days it goes down she takes a day off and it's right back to where it was.

If you're looking for a nice euphoric feeling, my ferret suggests Bali. If you want a little more stimulation with your euphoria, go for OST.

7. Space Numpty

Space Numpty Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england

Yeah I have 50g of premium bali and 3g of UEI coming. He will give an experience report on his 1st try of each type, probably 1g of UEI to start.

Thanks for the comments from all, I will treat Kratom with respect. After experiencing the 30x extract he appreciates that kratom is pretty potent. 2g of it was like 150-180mg of codiene for him. The brand he tried though was less euphoric than he would expect from codiene, a lot less, just nice, mellow chilled out feeling, slight nausia,that nice warm hug that opiates give you, and a slight stimulation.

Oh by the way, women can have orgasms? really? well fuck me i learn something new everyday, i'll make more effort! :laugh:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  8. DXMBunny

DXMBunny Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

well its prolly to late now, but if You got those effects from 30x, You should honestly only start with .5g uei, its very very very very potent, with 250x its made from... take slowly, tolerance builds fast with it, if one can enjoy straight leaf, use it cause uei will throw tolerance of plain leaf out the window.

Tags: