Which would you recommend - smoking vs. ayahuasca?

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by cordero, Sep 2, 2005.

1. cordero

cordero Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hmm which would you reccomend if i wanted to do dmt would you rather do
    straight up dmt crystal smoking or would you reccomend
    making a preperation with the bark or oseeds containing it?

2. uqlfy

uqlfy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you mean to smoke it extracted crystals is the way to go, there isnt really enough of a concentration of DMT in seeds or bark to breakthrough.

Now if you wish to extend the trip duration then ayahuasca is the best bet.

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Ayahuasca is quite an experience, but you will experience intense nausea. Be prepared, but know that it's all part of the trip.

4. VictorBorge

VictorBorge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I never could get past the nausea part of ayahuasca (or pharmahuasca).
    Feeling poisoned, even while experiencing amazing visuals and insights,
    really detracts from the experience. Smoking is definitely the way to
    go. There is almost no tolerance buildup so if a 10 minute trip isn't
    enough, you can just keep hitting it (although the toxicity of the
    smoke will get heinous).

5. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    You can also snort DMT if it is very pure and ground very fine. No MAO inhibitor needed. You need 3x as much (125milligrams is typical), but it lasts for 30 minutes that way...

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Victor and Mars,

Looking good. Keep it up.

7. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I would recommend extracting it and smoking it or eating a gelcap with 100mg and taking seeds along with it.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Once again I reference what Victor and Mars said... and to be honest I'm suprised more people aren't snorting it after all DMT was used just as extensively as a snuff, as it was as a brew.

9. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Are you sure about this. I thought it was the exact opposite for DMT. Tolerance builds up very quickly so if you dont get your hit in within like a minute it wont work. I could be wrong but......im pretty sure you quickly build up a tolerance to DMT.

10. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    "You can also snort DMT if it is very pure and ground very fine. No MAO inhibitor needed. You need 3x as much (125milligrams is typical), but it lasts for 30 minutes that way..."

SWIDP has thought about doing that, but didn't want to waste any. This nasal bioassaying wasdonewith freebase? If so, does it take a while to dissolve? I wonder why Shulgin never tried this.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If it's not pure it will take quite a while to dissolve and may not disolve completely at all. As to why Shulgin never tried it, I can only speculate, but if I were to venture a thought I'd say that he came from more of a clinical background, and snuffing DMT (free-base or as an alcoholic extract) is more of a shamanic practice. The modern day healers of South America, grind the root bark of DMT containing trees (thereis quite a variety of related DMT containing trees which are used for slightly different purposes) and soak it in alcohol for acouple of days to a week and then strain and allow the alcohol to evaporate and the remaining powder is then snuffed. Edited by: Doc Holliday

12. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    SWIDP has relatively pure DMT and will try this with 180mg soonand report back. SWIDPwas looking for other ways to consume it rather than taking the harmine HCl/DMT combo... they are just a little nervous about that. [​IMG][​IMG]Edited by: DrugPhreak

13. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Unless you plan to prepare a full Ayahuasca, I would reccomend just smoking the DMT.

14. circsee1

circsee1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Someone mentioned snorting DMT. This doesnt seem plausible as an MAO inhibitor must be ingested in order for substance to be active orally. Maybe I am misinformed but the snuffs used were a combination of DMT containing plants as well as natural MAO inhibitors. Smoking is the only manner of ingestion without also taking an MAOI. If this is not correct please let me know.

15. curiosityNcat

curiosityNcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    last time i checked if you snort something its going into your lungs not into your stomache, so it would be the same thing as smoking it. the snuffs were made using dmt containing seeds called yopo combined with a powdered lime but now people just use baking soda. the only reason dmt is not active orally is because it is broken down in the digestive system and destroyed so any method that bypasses the digestive system should activate it. so maoi should not be required when snorting it, im not dead positive but im pretty sure.

16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    circsee, I do believe some of the snuffs contained an variety of admixtures, Johnathan Ott wrote a fair bit about the subject. I believe, you might be able to find some lit. through the Botanical Preservations Corp.

17. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Absolutely itIS possible to snort DMT freebase and trip without an maoi. It requiresabout 2-1/2times as much, but lasts 2-1/2 times longer. If you want to try it use a 125milligram dose. Grind it up very very fine and clean out your nasal passages well. Expect significant nasal irritation. As a side note, though, several posters I've come to respect claim that a very small dose (10% of normal) of harmala or harmaline will increasethe intensity and lengthen the duration of the trip after snorting...

18. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i have heard rumor of similar effects mixing in a little harmala. It sounds reasonable to me.

Doc

19. dclacomb

dclacomb Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Have you ever seen one of those shamans rocking back and forth and
    flailling their arms about? Do you know why this is?
    Because of the pain. Granted a yopo snuff would be more iritating
    than pure DMT, DMT is probably very nasty to snort, but I can't say
    from experience.

20. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oh yes those fellows go into convulsions. A shaman who undergoes such an ordeal is said to gain great experience and power.

Doc