1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - White Vein Maeng Da versus Red Vein Maeng Da

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by swishntoss, Dec 6, 2013.

1. swishntoss

swishntoss Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    Ok I hope I am not repeating a question but although I've seen others asking SIMILAR questions, I haven't been able to spot one EXACTLY the same. My question, from the standpoint of a person relatively new to Kratom is,

What is the difference between White Vein Maeng Da and Red Vein Maeng Da? I've read up on the differences of both generically, but for this particular strain, which seems to be in a category all of it's own, what are the most pronounced differences? Which is stronger/best? Thanks!

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    It should be no different to any other strain.
    White/green vein = Stimulating
    Red Vein = Sedating.

3. swishntoss

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    Oh ok gotcha. Thanks!

4. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would like to add that the white I have tried was significantly stronger in taste despite not being much different in effects.

5. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Interesting point about taste differences.
    I am so used to Green vein strains these days that when i switch over to something like Red Borneo it takes a while to adjust to the taste.

6. swishntoss

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from U.S.A.
    I haven't noticed much difference on the tastes. I guess they are both kinda gross n gritty. Hence my moniker! lol

7. PuckMugger

PuckMugger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I get this strain called red vein kali that is just fantastic. The white vein is OK, but I just don't get the same strong effects as the red vein and most of the green variety.