Opinions - Why alcohol sux...

Discussion in 'Alcohol' started by nick_InZoMNiAC, Nov 26, 2004.

1. nick_InZoMNiAC

nick_InZoMNiAC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well, i think it's sucky compared to even soft drugs such as weed...

you temporarily feel sligthly high, but not really many things...

anywayz i might drink a beer or wine, or some vodka from time to time but i would prefer something else to get high.

2. VIKETIME

VIKETIME Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i used to hate drinking bc i couldnt stand the taste and i thought it sucked.. but now i take my time and it can be pretty much fun, i feel more than slightly high and i dont drink large amounts. i talk a lot more, stumble around and even sometimes dance at parties w/out being embarrassed. [​IMG]weed goes good w/ alc too!

3. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    I hate losing control over my muscles and nervous system. You know, running into stuff involuntarily.

"Fukin wall! Get the fuck outta my way!"

"..and then I punched that nose right in the guy!"

4. CABS205

CABS205 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't know about ya'll, but I like the way I feel when I'm on it...but, I just don't like the taste. It's gross...

5. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i think alcohol can be treated two different ways:

as a party drug, as in going out and getting drunk with your friends. and as in an actual drug, where you take it and notice the effects. if taken like it is a drug (which it is!) then there is something different about it.

6. Antidote

Antidote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I would never consider drinking as getting high. It is a depressant after all. If anything, I would call it getting low. I wouldn't do it if it weren't so widely available and accepted.

1. 3/5,
      awsome point
      Jan 29, 2009
  7. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If civilisation was to be run again from the start, I think certain
    "drug" drugs would be legal, and alcohol would most definitely be
    illegal. Look at any facts and figures about the amount of
    problems it causes..

8. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I find alcohol one of the most satisfying drugs, its doesn't have any negative side effects such as nervousness and triped out feeling of stimulants, doesn't have the hard crash of stimulants, doesn't have the paranoia and possible too stoned/triped out feelings of pot, and it works well in varying amounts relating to how drunk you want to be (a very linear consumption vs effect curve)...

9. Curtains

Curtains Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i love drinking when i'm partying, everyone is relaxed and lets loose not caring as much what other people think of them......which can also be a bad thing at times

10. P!MPJU!C3

P!MPJU!C3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    U have different kindah drunks. I wont drink Pisang Ambon ever again after I started seeing weird things if anything at all. But I love the buzz u get off a nice scotch drunk.
    So it really depends 4 me. Do i like being drunk? HEll YeaH! But im not an alcoholic anymore. I have everything in control.

Have u always wanted to quit drinkin? But u dont know how? Here is quick and bright! U wont have time to drink after this baby hits u!

Irritating model they interview: I was a really bad alcoholic. I would drink 50 botles of scotch every night. I tried everything 2 quit including blowing my hands off and sewing my lips together. Nothing worked. Then I tried quick and bright. The result? I lost all my hair and went 2 the hospitel after every quick and bright mix 2 have my stumic pumped. I feel great! Quiting alcohol couldnt be easier with quick and bright!

Now u can buy quick and bright 4 just 1999,99, a bottle that will hold u out 2 days.
    Wait! If u order now ull get this completely free glass to put ur quick and bright in!

Just call: o8oo-Iwannadie!!!

Warning: this prodect can cause lung-, mouth-, throat-, brain-, stumec-, liver-, kidney- and ballcancer. It can also cause hartproblems, restlesness, nausea, headaches, backpaines and diarhea.

11. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Sounds like smoking speed balls...

12. hippie_lain

hippie_lain Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Once an Alcoholic, always an alcoholic [​IMG]. Alcohols cool as long as your not Irish!

13. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Another thing (which is probably unique to me): I feel completely shit
    after alcohol, and completely brilliant after anything else. Odd..

14. icemaster

icemaster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    MegaLev: do you mean while your on it, when you come down off it, or the next day???

15. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I meant the hangover the next day can be pretty bad. Actually,
    I'm not really sure why I posted that, I dont feel 'completely sh1t', I
    usually feel fine.. Ignore that, I was drunk(!) [​IMG]

Oops!

16. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i have always seen alcohol as a celebrational thing...

i am more of a social drinker, drinking alone has no appeal to me, but going out with a group of friends and having a drink is great

i don't usually like dirnking at partys though, its scary

Paul

17. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Oddly enough, I tend to associate alcohol with crappy events / crap
    parties. You know, a boring house party, a tedious family
    occasion, or a even a monotonous cheesy DJ session.

I know certain appauling clubs I occasionally DJ at, I *HAVE* to be
    drunk to get through it. Other decent places, I wouldn't dare
    have a drink...

18. Growling_grover

Growling_grover Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I like to drink just until the limit of not getting a hangover the next day (including the loads of water before going to sleep, to prevent the hangover). When i am shit-drunk (and at home preferably) i produce a joint (more like folding then rolling at that moment, but what the fuck) and smoke it. My drunkenness is like doubled and its great to just sit and watch somediscovery/NG and fall asleep.

Nothing psychedelic or insightfull but very relaxing indeed.

19. CanAdIan CRonIC

CanAdIan CRonIC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ahh to Alcohol The Cause and Solution to all Canadians problems----I haved many good times being Drunk...Getting Drunk....And Too drunk....It's argured the worst drug it's argued the best drug...There are no such thing... all drugs have one thing in common they are drugs...Does not mean you can't enjoy them....Do all the drugs you want for all I care...Hell I'll join yeah...but It's impossible to say drugs are safe and don't have ill effect...Don't lie to yourself,,,,any pleasure in life has a price...butthose willing to sacfrice truly enjoy being themselves rather than being labled a drug addict.

20. BEEKSc1

BEEKSc1 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i agree with growling_grover, there is nothing insightfull that can ever come from alcohol, it's a damn depressant that numbs your senses and lowers your inabitions whcih can lead to so many problems dealing with family, significant other, and friends, a senseless drugthat is legal in amerika, go figure tho