1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people chug milk when high on pcp?

Discussion in 'Dissociatives' started by ssjoe6, Jul 11, 2005.

1. ssjoe6

ssjoe6 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Does anyone know what the association between getting high on pcp and chugging milk might be?

I recently saw a man in the ER who was intoxicated on pcp, and i was told that milk was what he needed. Sure enough, the guy chugged pitcher after pitcher of milk. I was told that it would calm him down. I'm wondering if there is a property of milk that competes with phencyclidine for its receptors like tryptophan, or whether it has a role in acidifying the urine? or whether the milk just plain soothes the throat. Any advice would be great. thanks

ssjoe6@yahoo.comEdited by: ssjoe6

2. -k4ge

-k4ge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male from earth
    Sounds to me like it would be a placebo effect on him. I have heard from many a person to Drink Orange Juice if an LSD trip is too strong.

3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    There could be a property in milk that could change the activity of the liver enzymes, allowing them to process PCP more rapidly. I am not too familiar with milk's contents really, but I do know that some drinks (like grapefruit juice), can sequester certain cytochrome p450 enzymes and radically change the effects of drug experiences, like intensifying opiate and pcp trips, or preventing codeine from being converted into morphine. So its entirely possible that an amino acid or some other compound in there could aid in the metabolism or excretion of PCP. Or it could simply soothe the stomach. I'd really like to see an answer from someone thats more well-versed on the topic than I am.

4. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Maybe it's tryptophan? Warm milk is said to help one sleep, I believe due to tryptophan, but I am not sure...

5. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    The reason: it tastes so damn good. Havign a full stomach of (I asume) warm milk does make people drowsy, also, the creamy texture its great

Yes, i like my milk

6. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male
    Isn't milk also an MAOi? Or is that just cheese?

7. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    cheese has no MAOI, but it can have tyramine, if it's aged, which is a no-no, with an MAOI...

8. Silence_Inc

Silence_Inc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Dr Albert Hofmann drank milk on his first trip to feel better after the introspective nightmare began. :)

9. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male
    Maybe it is just to take you back to the days when you felt truely secure. Taking a little succle from the madres teet.

10. Kcaj

Kcaj Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o Male
    Wow, you guys should do some reading!

First, taking orange juice if you are having a bad LSD trip is a placebo effect. taking orang ejuice BEFORE and LSD trip to increase the level of vitamin C in your system is a real effect to trip HARDER. :) So keep your body well nourished and hit up the vitamin C before your next acid trip.

Grapefruit Juice does the same thing to DXM (increases the effects). the dosage is kind of alrge though (several glasses several hours before tripping, by the hour, and I dunno if you ever tried to drink that much grapefruit juice, but it isn't the most pelasant thing in the world to do).

To my knowledge, CrookedEye's post was pretty accurate. Hard to say for sure though.