1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Why do people do ritalin.

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by Woodman, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    114 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    What is it anout ritalin that people find so appealing?

I mean, I just don't get it., but then I've never been
    into antidepressants.

2. psyko79

psyko79 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, those who have ADD would surely find it useful. But if you were talking about recreationally, well I would never do it but my friend took many of them to get a high, and he told me it's like really strong speed. I don't think it's really good on the body.

3. WhiteRyan

WhiteRyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ritalin is not a anti-depressant by the way, like psyko79 said its prescribed for Attention Deficet Dissorder, concentration. But I didnt have any recreational success w/ it.

4. Curtains

Curtains Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    i dunno i usually just take if i know i want to be up all night and u just sorta feel happy on it

5. Dr. Shadow

Dr. Shadow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o Male
    ritalin sux better snort some columbian instead

6. Jonaz3000

Jonaz3000 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    People take ritalin, the same reason people smoke pot, or even (the not so bright ones) sniff paint. People take recreational drugs to get the recreational high. Ritalin is closely related to amphetamine in effects, but its pharmaceutical action is very similiar to cocaines. Its probably the least potent out of the recreational speed highs. I have experimented with ritalin to find its prime effects last aprox. 3 hours when orally ingested. Compared to adderall ritalin is a smoother ride, with less comedown, but is noticably less potent than adderall. Adderall being a true amphetamine has more of a body buzz and stronger euphoria than ritalin. Despite the belief ritalin is bullshit, it is most definately recreational. If you had bad luck with it, maybe you just don't enjoy the effects, or your body may take a few dose adjustments to reach desirable effects. Iv enjoyed it a few times, but for any amphetamine, if you overdo it or use too frequently, it can and will turn you into an emotionless piece of shit stuck in a 6 foot hole. Ritalin is also water soluble meaning it can permeate the mucous membranes making it snortable if desired. Ritalin snorted lasts a shorter duration but the effects peak quicker and are stronger. Be warned the dose gets in your blood faster, so start with small doses and give breaks between lines. Give time for absorbsion so one sec your happy the next you think your having a heart attack and death is close behind. Iv been there also, trust me, you never want to od on amphets. It is the harshes,and most psychologically, and possibly physically deteriorating state. It can take u into some bad ass depression as well. Not to mention not being able to sleep for days becuase your heart is pounding and ur body's moving 100 miles n hour but ur brain is ready to sleep. its like trying to sleep during a concert. Overall amphetamines and ritalin can be life destroying if abused too often or in too high of doses. Longterm abuse basically puts your body in a food proccessor and spits you out. The longer you go the worse condition you come out. If you even come out. And if ur body isn't breaking down after a while, your mind will start to slip. Amphetamine psychosis is a widely documented known fact resulting from longterm use. Basically u slip into this world in your head, where people are out to get you, you might have sever panic attacks, become psychotic, antisocial, suicidal, and the best part is getting full blown hallucinations of horrobile horrible shit. Like bugs crawling around, people laughing, wierd voices. Just crazy shit. Just respect your body, never overdo it(its never worth it), and always in MODERATION. If you feel you have an overly addictive personality you might want to steer clear of uppers. Or they might get you around the neck if your not careful.

7. serotonin

serotonin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jonaz, i certainly know what you are talking about. I have been there myself. I have done at least a bathtub full of ritalin (and no, im not proud). I used to snort that stuff all day, every day. I did an entire prescription in 3 days. I didn't sleep for over 120 hours, didn't eat either. i lost so much weight.

ritalin is not bullshit, it can get you incredably high, i have been higher on ritalin that i have on ecstasy (and i do alot of good e). It is really an awful thing however. tolerance and physical dependance are way above what you would expect from a "safe" drug. I know i have developed heart problems because of ritalin. The stuff is just awful. some of the comedowns i have been through were hell, worse than e or coke.

ritalin is silly, and you will only regret it.

8. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from Canada
    **Deleted**

Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
  9. Tinkerton

Tinkerton Newbie

Reputation Points:
    First reason: it's fun! If you take the right dosage, the effect
    is very close to methamphetamine, but not quite as good as desoxyn or
    adderall. It makes me feel like I want to focus my energies in
    the very best, most responsible ways, and provides the motivation to do
    so.

10. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    114 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Thanks Tinkerton!

That' really clears things up.
    I guess I could have worded topic post better, but I
    get too tired to write & think sometimes (like now!).

Hell, i'm going to sleep.

11. whitetrain

whitetrain Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it can be fun if you snort it or take high doses, especially since i can't snort coke or ice at school

12. Bodhisattva500

Bodhisattva500 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ritalin is pretty intense when snorted. The effects areextremely eupohoric for a few hours but the crash is horrible. I felt like i couldnt move and was to lazy to change tothe channel on my tv.

13. Koshh

Koshh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was just looking for a way to extract the methylphenidate from all of that other crap that burns my nose so much and saw "why do people do ritalin?" and sinceI have just snorted 60 mgs of the stuffI figure thatI can answer that question.

I have no idea if you can get high off of the stuff by popping a bunch of them. I prefer to snort things, and snort whenI can. I wouldn't dare waste my precious prescription by eating a handfull of them and then hoping that they get me high.

When I snort the shit if I am coming down from a coke binge my desire for cocaine is alleviated and replaced by a more easily satisfied hunger for ritalin. When I'm coming down from what usually ends up being a ritalin binge I feel none of the self loathing, regret, and general depression that I get from lacking cocaine. I wake up the next day, night, morning, or whatever feeling refreshed and having no particular desire to do either drug. So one reason I snort ritalin is to deal with cocaine withdrawl.

Ritalin on its own feels very good. My entire body, all of the nerves, the skin, my hair roots, and even my brain seem alive withthe pleasureable hum I sometimes get some time after doing the last rail of blow for the nightand before the animal-like hunger for more kicks in. I feel light headed but the sensation isn't in any way overwhelming. Furthermore my mood is great. I prefer this sort of low intensity high to stronger ones (like huffing gas or ether, or smoking weed (whichI don't do!), or drinking cough syrup, or rolling on ecstacy)

This 60mgs has impaired my motor skills slightly, and makes me feel more at peace with myself. My thoughts are fast but not jumbled (at least not like they are when I'm sobre) and I'm generallymore considerate to other peopleand their feelings and all that stuff (whichI am definitely not when I'm sobre.)

My ability to focus on a single task is increased, as well as my motivation to do things. SobreI would not have spent the time to write this, and ifI had,I would have done so watching a movie and chatting on some network or playing a game.

Not much elseI can think of for effects... Hope that helped :)

14. Bodhisattva500

Reputation Points:
    ritalins fun, but adderal is better. and dexedrine is the best.

15. Koshh

Koshh Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i've never had dexedrine or adderal.
    what's better about them?

16. Bodhisattva500

Reputation Points:
    the drug in ritalin is methylphenidate. It has a amphetimine backbone but is more complex, and seems to be less euphoric with a bigger crash. there are two different types of amphetmines in adderal. l-amphetimine and d-amphetimine. d- amphetimine is considered to be more euphoric and pure. Dexedrine is purely d-amphtetimine and i findit to be very very euphoric. plus with both adderal and dexedrine their seems to be no intense crash. the drug very slowly wears off and i find it hard to sleep but their is no intense crash

17. Bodhisattva500

Reputation Points:
    oh yes i forgot dexedrine and adderal are all prescribed for ADD and ADHD. adderal sometimes comes in big 30 mg pills that are mixed with sugars and they taste sweet like candy. they even look like a big sweet tart. Awesome!

18. LuvsToSmokeDust

LuvsToSmokeDust Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Because it gets you high.

I used to snort 150mg.s three times a day and by night time I'd be so strung the f#ck out I'd be trying to slow down my breathing with the fear someone could hear it.

By the second time you get commited to a psych-ward you should know better.

19. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM finds ritalin to have effects simlar to cocaine. Like... cheap, gross, super cut dirty cocaine. Either way, though... SWIM enjoys it once in a while... or more like when he can't get adderalls! (those are just the best.. SWIM likes amphetamine better than cocaine [which he hasn't touched in over a year, thank you, thank you. Too much money and SWIM was spiraling out of control])

20. Metternich

Metternich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    why? Swim loves it because it's ridiculously cheap and easy to find. Swim would like to try coke, but since Swim doesn't like to ask around they're kind of out of luck. For for the high and for the dollar Ritalin is worth it money wise.

Swim has ADD, and Swim can say that Ritalin does help them in that department when taken as suggested. However, when not taken for a high Swim does stay up all night without feeling sick like caffiene would make them, making it a useful study drug. Swim could easily get a prescription for things like Adderall or Dexys, but Swim doesn't trust themself to not abuse what could help them, or to not become addicted to a regular supply. It's better if Swim bums limited quantities of Ritalin off friends for occasional use.

Tags: