Why does it scare people if they find out about SWIYs recreation?

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by yolaluver, Apr 13, 2007.

1. yolaluver

yolaluver Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It's wierd one of my friend may have found out that he may dabble with oxycodone/hydrocodone, and whats the weird vibe about it? Some of his friends are cool with it and they dont do it, nor have they tried it and SWIM can crush up a pill right in front of them and rail it, while other friends may never talk to swim if they find out.

why?

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    There's something taboo about opiates and pharmaceuticals in general in a lot of peoples' view I guess. Opiates because of their addictive reputation, pharmaceuticals because people tend to link them to overdosing. SWIM sometimes gets some negative reactions when he brings up his occasional codeine use. Strange because these are the same people who are willing to lash back an untested ecstasy pill yet they find something so wrong with using a sure thing.

3. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    in swims area theres always stuff in the news about oxycodone deaths/bust/etc so thats why people think hes crazy when he does them

4. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Also opiates are very often associated with IV use/needles. Many people, even hard core drug users, even crack smokers, are turned off by the idea of the 'Junky'.

5. ironmics

ironmics Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    Because people are iggnorant, straight up. Even if I cite articles that medical users of opiates rarely become "addicts" they won't believe me, and these are the same people who drink 10 or more beers 3 or 4 times a week...Claiming I'm the addict. Clearly I know all long term users of opiates become dependent on them, but can also easily be tapered off.

6. Henfer

Henfer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o
    simply, because of the public image of opiates. almost no one knows, seems to swim, that opiates don't cause any real body or brain damage even after year and years of usage. people who die due to opiate usage mostly die on OD or infections caused by impure H .....

swims father gets a certain opioid from his doctor, this for over 8 years now... it's pure, and he knows what dosage to use. he got it because of severe pain and got addicted (that is the real risk....), but as long as he gets his daily dosis, he's good and no damage at all. however, getting off the additiction is SEVERE and PAINFUL.

his father also was addicted to diazepam aka valium, and getting away from this addiction was way harder seems to swim... but here, you go to doctor-guy and say you're stressed and can't sleep very good, doctor-guy gives you prescription for valium (or other benzo, depends...). easy to get, pure stuff from apothecary, but it's highly addictive (swim understands why... the feeling is incredible...). codein... I go on vacation to his homecountry where you get caffetin 10mg codein per tab legally... 20 tabs in one strip and the cost is incredibly low (won't name it due to forum rules, even if it's legal, but the price is way under street price, just need to CWE out the other stuff).

just fyi, paracetamol can be way deadlier than alot of scheduled stuff.. but it's free to buy for anyone. same with alcohol (I do not drink alcoholic stuff...).

so yes, posters above swim are truly right: people are ignorant, and that's because of the educational background of people who are the society today....

really sad that Alice may not be used even in psychological tests, people all over the world even proved its strong positive effect on a lot of psychic issues, addictions and terminal cancer patients...

that's the world swiu live in... makes me sad :(

getting high is a natural desire of humans, just look at the folks living in nature. they smoke MJ, salvia, consume mescalin through peyotes, ayahusca.... and they're still here in the world, no?

1. 3/5,
      thought through
      Apr 28, 2007