Why Isn't Mescaline More Popular?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by insanity, May 20, 2005.

1. insanity

insanity Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i've been reading almost everything i can find about san
    pedro and mescaline. I'm wondering though, how come many
    of the users here don't use mescaline or san pedro more
    often and it seems as though it's hardly used where I'm
    from. Isn't it supposed to be one of the best things out
    there ? isn't it relatively easy to obtain a cactus? so
    whats the deal?

2. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i once bought this fucking san pedro cactus and tried to drink it in a
    smoothie. i know thats not a good way to extract it or whatever but i
    thought it might work. i drank this vile tasting shit for like 3 hours
    and didnt feel shit. im gonna try it again and do it correctly but i
    tihnk a major reason its not too popular is its a shit load of work
    when you can just buy mushrooms.

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Mescaline is rarely produced as a street drug anymore because the extraction is not as profitable as many other synthetic drugs. San pedros, payote, ect are not consumed much because they cause nausea and vomiting. Most people who take recreational drugs are not that serious about self exploration to puke they're guts up. In many ways, though, mescaline lost much of it's popularity for the same reasons as LSD.

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    O yea, DXM has taken the place of mescaline for many newer recreational drugs users as well.

5. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    DXM - shallow drugs for shallow minds.

Cacti and mescaline RULE. I'm not in it for the quick and easy
    ride. I like the deep introspection. If you approach the
    plant with reverence, pure mind and body, you won't puke. Pain
    and puking is weakness leaving the body and mind. The strong and pure
    don't puke, they learn and develop.

Too many people want everything to be quick and easy. The best
    things usually take some time and effort. There is no free lunch.

The 2c-?? chemicals developed by the good Dr. Shulgin, are quick and
    easy when placed in a gelcap and eaten. They all have their roots in
    mescaline. All tasted so far by me have been interesting, yet
    none (with the possible exception of high-dose 2C-P) have come close to
    the natural cactus experience. Seems like there is always at
    least some nuance missing in the experience with the 2C-?? chemicals,
    something less than the completeness and perfection of mescaline
    bearing cacti.

The growing, harvesting, and preparation of the cacti are part and
    parcel to the overall experience. The care you give the plant, the
    wonder and awe as you watch it grow and flower, are all part of the
    foreplay leading up to the main event. The plant rewards your care and
    anticipation, with the experiences. One must always ask the
    spirit of the plant for permission to eat her flesh, and one must
    always thank her after the trip is over.

That's my humble opinion, anyway.

Edited by: BrugmansiaBrujo

6. bubaloo

bubaloo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    How can you say that? I find dxm a rewarding experience and calling people who use it shallow is just wrong.

Anyway, ive never used mescaline, but i have always wanted to try it, they an 15inch sanpedro in a smart shop near where i live, but its quite expensive.

Mushrooms have influenced my drug-use the most, before shrooms i would have never tried anything more than weed.

7. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.
    Mescaline is an awesome, powerful & beautiful experience.I would think there are fewer reports of mescaline trips because of the cost and preparation time involved. Not to mention, finding a time framein your lifeto fit a ~12 hour ride.

A 'full' mescaline experience (300 - 400mg) from cacti can cost anywhere from $20 - $50 if you have to purchase the raw materials. Then you must take great care in processing them as well. It's not necessary to drink cacti sludge - dehydration and packing into gelcaps works the best.

Mezza

8. sloppo

sloppo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    There are a lot of reasons. One reason you would understand if you have ever tasted putrid cactus slime, which not only takes hours of boiling on the stove, but has the most bitter and awefultaste I have encountered thus far. Another reason is a lot of people don't even know there is san pedro cactus, which is not explicitly scheduled (unlike peyote), and that it contains mescaline. Then there is the fact that almost no one produces mescaline and in order to get some one would probably have to make it himself.

But besides all those reasons, I think a lot of drug users wouldn't be particularly fond of the mescaline expierience. This drug is much different than acid or mushrooms, and frankly I would wager that a lot of the acid / mushroom using crowd wouldn't be impressed with mescaline. Mescaline in SWIM's expierience is mellow, clear headed, not intense, visually not stunning with the exception of color enhancment, and it doesn't give you the feeling of "being f&^ked up" to the same extent as acid or psilocybin (or many Research Chemicals for that matter.) I think that a goodly number of acid users might expect mescaline to be something like acid, and when it is clearly not, they would be dissapointed. They would not appreciate the depth and subtly that this material offers, because they are just after another high.

Now don't get me wrong, I think mescaline is a wonderful, rich material. I am just playing devil's advocate here,but it seems to SWIM that people who use psychedelic drugs use them for different purposes, and there are many out there who just use them to party while the minoritymay usethem for spirituality, self discovery, personal growth, conceptualization, contemplation of the universe, and all that other trippy stuff. Now I would say that about any psychedelic can be the vehicle for such things, but certain drugs cater more to the party crowd while mescaline doesn't so much.

Mescaline is what it is, and many drug users have never tasted it. I think that it isn't more popular and abundant precisly because of the reasons I gave in the second paragraph of this post.

Sloppo

9. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Some people have so much fear to face themselves so they do not want to
    go inward and see. There are folks that forgot the connection to nature that
    this experience along with the whole preparation provides. The voyage is a
    sacred medicine used for 3,000 years by humans in South America.

10. Mezza

Mezza Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.S.A.

For me, mescaline has been very intense. While yes, it does seem to be more clear-headed than acid or mushrooms, I think that's more of an illusion. It dosent plunge you into the depths of your subconsious on the drop of adimelike LSD or mushrooms do...with mescaline you dont realize it - you're just there. Mescaline is a very 'smooth' psychedelic- its really pleasant.

Visually, I think it is very impressive. Even though I dont think Ive done more than a dose that would be equivalent to 300mg, CEV's were out of this world and OEV's were quite nice. (Not anything astounding, however)

Totally agree with you here...Mescaline is much more suited to a spiritual/natural experience.

Mezza

11. OiledMandible

OiledMandible Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Because it's not really a "fun" time. Although it is fun[​IMG].

Mescaline takes a little prep, and isnt exactly a cash cow.

12. {V}00

{V}00 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    "DXM-shallow drug for shallow people" EDIT: "shallow minds"

No. Youmay bethe shallow one for discrediting DXM because of it's easy availability, and the fact that alot of irresponsible people use it. DXM is a powerful chemical as is mescaline. I don'tdo DXM regularly, nor do Ihave good things to say about the peoplewho may. But having closed minded remarks to make would bring me lower.

You are correct that people are looking for a quick high. But who is better? You'd think you are, but after your DXM userbashing comment, IMO you are at fault.

What a fucking rediculous thing to say. Who are you to judge? I laugh at people who know it all like yourself, because thinking one knows all is the most closed minded, unknowing aspect possible.

One other point, or maybe a question: How can you say that purging is a sign of weakness when ayahuascueros, with much more practice and spiritual thought training than you may have, would say it is a needed process inexpelling the harmful? Well, aya is a jaguar, so Isuspect it would eat you up and spit you out, and put a nice turn on your ego. Mescaline probably would too, now that I think of it. I could be wrong, but an enlightened person would be unlikely to hold your views.

No need to answer, as you explained your reasoning. I just hope you rethink your views, and wise up. lol

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On the topic at hand, SP prep should not be about the money or being high. Just because it will make you trip does not mean many people would put forth the effort.

That is the reason, I believe, and would hope it stays that way. If a prep is holdinga personback,I'd venture to say a mescaline experience would be wasted on said person, and that they just may not deserve it, or even know what to do with it.

Effort and worth of experience all ties in together, here. I hope many people put forth the effort it requires, and that they will enjoy what is found.

Edited by: {V}00

1. 3/5,
      No need to attack....he was just giving an opinion
      Feb 26, 2007
  13. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:

Oh please Mr Hippy just stop with all that [​IMG]! Puking is caused not by weakness leaving you, it's your body reacting to toxins.

The value of something as such has nothing to do with time and effort. If it has a positive effect it has that effect regarless of the amount of effort needed to make or aquire it.

In my experience mescaline is fun but a rather shallow psychedellic. Most of your other phenethylamines are at least as good and some, ie 2-ce, are far superior. Even 2-ci is better cause it's psychological effects are about the same but there is no nausia.

There is nothing wrong, immoral, or stupid about wanting to avoid drinking a tea that taste horrendous. If you can achieve the same or superior results with a quick and easy method that is the proper route to go. There is no wisdom in making things harder when there is little or no gain in doing so, or even worse when there is a loss.

14. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Softrat, I think you are the only person I have ever seen call
    mescaline shallow. Care to provide some more information on why you
    believe it is shallow?

15. BrugmansiaBrujo

Reputation Points:
    [​IMG]Stirring up shit is a hobby of mine. Looks like it worked.

Really though, personnaly I just don't like DXm. I don't really
    and truly abhor the drug or those that like it. It just ain't my
    thing, that's all.

I gave it a fair shake though, bought 10 grams of pure powder and
    worked my way through about 2/3 of that experimenting with it. In
    the end I decided it just wasn't my cup of tea, and posted a "Free DXM
    to good home" message on another board I belong to, and gave it away to
    the first person that asked for it.

16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    PenguinPhreak,

I agree with you I don't believe I've ever heard (or read of, as the case may be) of anyone calling Mescaline shallow.

"There is no wisdom in making things harder when there is little or no gain in doing so, or even worse when there is a loss."

The author of this obviously does not know the rewards of which B. Brujohas referred to, and there for hasmade him/or herself a perfect example of someone who is "rather shallow".

17. Cyano

Cyano Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o
    Another reason why cacti arenĀ“t so popular, as shrooms for instance, is
    the long time until harvest. When people hear it takes 4-5 years they
    often give up the idea. They rather spend their money on something they
    can use immediately. One can buy cacti but they are quite expensive,
    compared to other entheogens.

18. BrugmansiaBrujo

Reputation Points:
    Very true. And good things do await those patient enough to
    wait. Taking the time to grow and nurture your own cacti, or
    khat, or anything else for that matter, is quite rewarding.

19. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Cacti can be kind of a pain to use. The tea tast bad. And there can be some nausia.

20. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i guess you are right that is an awfully humble opinion...