1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Why rinse seeds more than once?

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by almondcat, Jun 3, 2017.

1. almondcat

almondcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from United States
    when making pst some say to rinse the seeds more than once. wouldn't the first rinse be strong than say the 2nd or 3rd? i don't really understand, like no one has ever explained it they just say to do it.

2. perro-salchicha614

perro-salchicha614 Twitchy Mess Titanium Member Supporter

Reputation Points:
    from Headache City
    The first rinse is generally stronger than the second. Doing a second wash allows you to physically remove more of the alkaloids from the seeds. For consistency, you should mix the two washes together and measure them out into separate doses.

3. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Why wait for someone to explain it to you? Go get a bag of seeds, make there separate rinses, and try them.

You can literally feel the answer for your self.

4. almondcat

almondcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from United States
    honestly i didn't think about doing that but ill defiantly try next time. but i was just curious as to why

5. aemetha

aemetha Insomniac Member Silver Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o from New Zealand
    I think much of it is personal preference in this regard. In terms of safety, consistency is definitely an absolute rule that must not be violated. In terms of getting the best buzz for a persons buck, well, one could be forgiven for wanting every second dose to be a really good one. I would suggest in this regard it would perhaps be best to drink the second wash the first day and the first wash the second day if this is the case because at least then you have an idea of the potency of the seeds. Personally I have always combined the doses, but I have also never allowed my tolerance to develop to such an extent where I never had to choose. I was able to avoid the trap of it not becoming a daily endeavour with a little help from a friend.

As has been previously intimated, washing the seeds once rarely removes all of the alkaloids from the seeds. Therefore you'll get a better total effect by washing the seeds more than once. My personal advice would be to wash an amount of seeds that is equivalent to your current needs, rather than washing enough for two days worth, because it removes the temptation to take both doses in one day, or a stronger desire to potentiate or increase the dose on one day as opposed to another because of variance in potency between doses. This is of course up to you, but it is advisable to develop sustainable safe habits early on. Addiction is not something that happens to some people, but rather something that happens to all people with varying lengths of exposure to the substance. Good habits will help you survive the addiction until such a time as you are ready to kick it, if it comes to that for you.

6. Harpua46

Harpua46 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from New York, United States
    Anyone freeze and save a few smaller second washes to use as a starter wash?