1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - Wild lettuce (lactuca virosa) terrible experience.

Discussion in 'Ethnobotanicals' started by anabolictrio, Jan 3, 2006.

1. anabolictrio

anabolictrio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from italy
    I tried wild letuce some times ago.
    I found this experience quite interesting.
    I was drunk and barely able to walk, i came back at home yearning some kind of drug.... but the only thing i had was a package of wild lettuce...
    I was quite disappointed because i had already tried it and it did nothing to me.
    I decided to give it a last try.
    I used A LOT of wild lettuce to prepare a tea, i did not weigh it, but i suppose it was 20-30 g. maybe more.... (i was drunk and reckless....)
    The tea looked more like a soup,it was disgusting and
    bitter... anyway i drunk it in a single draught!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

-I was lying on my bed,waiting for something to happen,watching some tv.....
    -After less then an hour ,I was feeling relaxed and drowsy.
    -by chance, I started watching a silly b-movie about angels,antichrist and such.... I was completely TERRIFIED by this stupid movie.... so i tried to switch the TV over, but i was not able to move, I was having some kind of paralysis,i'm sure i was awake...meanwhile i was in a horror religious dream (like the movie)... i tried to cry but i couldn't! i was seized by convulsions,religious fear!!!.... then thankfully, blackout.
    Before that night i believed wild lettuce was nothing more then a chamomile tea... I must admit i was wrong.
    On the whole this experience was similiar to Opium, i never had convulsion or paralysis with opium but the dreamy state was the same....(maybe stronger, more empathic and visual!)...
    In my opinion I was close to dead so be carefull with this herb. Do not abuse like i did.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from The Netherlands
    You had a Wild Lettuce overdose. Wild Letuce can be fun on lower dosage. 10 grams would be sufficient. I suspect you'll have more respect for the power of plants now.

3. jarka

jarka Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from finland
    Respect is everything! Like they say in the beginning of GTA2 :)

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Lettuce Opium - Lactucarium - is well known in medicine that pre-dates the industrial revolution. The active ingredient is hyoscine, which is a tropine alkaloid related to atropine and scopolamine.

Used as a sedative when actual opium is not available, it induces a hypnotic state marked by strange dreams. Like any tropine, taken to excess, it can induce terror and massive hallucinations which cannot be distinguished from reality. Tread softly on your lab rat with this one.

5. dragonmage

dragonmage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o
    what about making a powerful extract with opium lettuce,maybe through in some wild yams?

6. Mickeld

Mickeld Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I took one Hydrocodone, two adderall measuring 90(?) milligrams, and drank a Canadian Lettuce tea SWIM made. I used about three whole plants for about one gallon 0f water, and let it simmer for about an hour, and drank about a liter of this concoction.This was all taken at about 10 pm. It tasted good with sugar, but by 4 a clock in the morning things began to not be so fun. I found myself huddled over a pail waiting to vomit but not being able to. SWIM began having massive hallucinations accompanying the nausea, and found myelf in a world of fear. It is now 1 pm, nearly 12 hours after, and still have an aching stomach. SWIM feel slightly light headed also. Should SWIM just puke to get what ever the heck is in him/her out of him/her? And most modern reports say that there is no poisonous substances in Wild Lettuce, and myelf would call them morons. I had freaking open eye visual, geometric patterns, and everthing. Sounds like Hyscomine doesn't it? Someone help is SWIM in trouble????

7. Mickeld

Mickeld Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    OK so everyone knows SWIM survived and will never make the mistake of underestimating herbs again!