1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Will a drug disappear from stored urine?

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by rich420, Jul 24, 2013.

1. rich420

rich420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I did a search and couldn't find anything about this, I'm pretty sure no one has asked it before.. Anyways...

So I've been on suboxone and I get drug tested at my doctors office to make sure I've been on the suboxone and not using heroin or other opiates..

I Iike to dabble some times. I usually give myself plenty of time test negative of opiates and positive for suboxone. But apparently I'm not always so lucky..

So what my question is; I had stored clean urine (pos. for suboxone) and its been sitting in the fridge for a week, give or take a few days... Now I'm not worried about how long urine can be stored for before it goes bad- I'm worried because I have this thought that the suboxone in the urine will like go away or dilute or whatever to the point where it won't show up on the drug test..

Can something like this happen?

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Apprentice Sorcerer Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    This is a good question.

I suppose you get yourself some test sticks for buprenorphine from your next pharmacy and do the testing after some, some more and again some more days and report back what you have found out.

BBW.

3. MadOne

MadOne Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Thats a dam good question actually personally idd say it depends on how its stored a dark cupboard would probably be better than it being left in a light room from sun or lightbulbs and the temperature its sorted at to may also have an effect to if the buprenorphine is in your sample i doubt they test for naloxone wud be to expensive as well just bupe. look up urine samples degradeing its prob been discussed here if not will be somin on internet about it. good luck ! rember even otc codiene can make u test positive for morphine/heroin on a general opiate screen. drugs that potentially wont be picked up on a general heroin test would be fentanyl methadone and pethidine. also i had a friend who was on high doses of dipipanone and they tested him on entry to prison and they claimed he had no opiates in his system so some will trigger tests some dont depends what they test for i suppose ! good luck just store sample in darkness below 25 degrees it shud be ok then i think but dont take that as a guarantee

4. rich420

rich420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I always store urine in a fridge. I've lately been even thinking about freezing it, and just thawing it out and bringing up the temps when need to use it....

Anyways, I read on another forum that it will still be in there regardless how long it's been stored... Someone had said- that's how they caught lance armstrong was from stored urine and tested it after advanced testing was created...
    So I had to look that up, and had read all these out there somewhere;
    "his failed tests were then covered up by the UCI who he was also paying money to."
    "And in 2005 his urine samples were positive for Erythropoietin,which he had in 1999 which is banned, but couldn't be tested for in 1999." funny how people say so many different ways on how he got caught."
    "The lab: His urine samples and everybody else's are keep frozen forever. The lab didn't have a test 10 years ago but when they developed one, they started testing randomly. The lab didn't know the name of the samples only CI knew what sample belongs to whom. Yet some samples come 100% positive. The UCI was forced to reveal who was the owner of those samples.
    Dr. Drug: This doctor has been banned from sport medicine for giving drugs before. Lance kept in touch with him and send huge quantities of money to his account. "

5. WBROCKSTAR

WBROCKSTAR Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from U.S.A.
    I've used urine with methadone that's been stored in fridge for 3 months that worked fine.Two things to watch for though is an unusual bad smelling urine and sediments that can be seen floating around.If the urine passes these 2 tests,then it should be fine.I think dumping old urine out and replacing with fresh urine every 2 weeks is perfect though.The perfect container to use(if you don't need more than 40ml for the sample)is-Goto Cracker Barrell and get a small glass bottle of pancake syrup they give you when ordering pancakes.Clean thoroughly,use to store fridged urine,remove from fridge the night before test so itl be room temp,remove cap,heat in microwave for 25 seconds,replace cap,wrap washrag around bottle to keep warm.This will allow urine to be at 93-95° for up to 45minutes .Sample has to be between. 91-97° in order to pass temp test.Heat less time if youre closer to the facility than 45minutes,like I am.Good luck

6. Acoffee

Acoffee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from North Carolina, United States
    I am on suboxone maintenance and have used a urine sample that was over a week old stored at room temperature in a bupe/nalozone bottle just to make sure that maybe if the metabolites break down over time it may still be detectable for bupe. I don't have much information on the quality of the tests but I do know that it is a lab test and I passed with no problem. Just microwaved in a glass 30 seconds then stored in my crotch area 3p-45 min before test and had no problems. Hope this helps.