1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Will A-pvp show up as mdpv on a test?

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by mPRH, Dec 25, 2012.

1. mPRH

mPRH Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    When my doctor told me the fancy urine test he uses can detect synth 'noids, mephedrone, methylone, and mdpv, I assumed he was bluffing. I had never once come up positive for synthetic cannabinoids or methylone even though I know I definitely should have. So when I came up positive for mdpv, it was a bit of a shock.
    But now I'm afraid I've gotten myself in another bind. Recently, I gave in to that little voice that people like me have. The one that's always saying "Go for it, it'll be fine. Just a little won't hurt". This time though, it was a-pvp. Not a great idea, I know, but I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not a-pvp will show up as mdpv. Given the similarity I'd assume it would, but if anyone has any first-hand experience I'd greatly appreciate them sharing it here.

looks like I'll be chugging water in the meantime...

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

2. Rob Cypher

Rob Cypher

Reputation Points:
    I'm guessing that if the tests generally check for PVs, that a-PVP would fall under that umbrella. Not sure if the newer tests do that or not. :/

3. stryder09

stryder09 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    If this is a mass spectrometry based test, then no, alpha pvp will not cause a positive result for MDPV or vice versa. They are distinct compounds, each with its own chemical structure and each producing different fragments as well as different metabolites in the body. Alpha PVP and MDPV are excreted in large proportions in urine as parent drug, so labs more than likely don't even test for their known metabolites.

4. Luvh3rbs

Luvh3rbs Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Your doctor is lying. There is VERY little chance that he is checking for MDPV. SWIM passed many SAMSHA-5 drug tests snorting maddie daily.

5. Winston22

Winston22 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am looking at a drug test that shows a postive for APVP

Tags: