Oral use - Will chewing a microdot speed up absorption?

Discussion in 'LSD' started by smiley, Mar 22, 2005.

1. smiley

smiley Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you chew a LSD microdot for example that it will absorb faster?

I heard this on tv but they were talking about tylenol.[​IMG]

2. Hyperreal

Hyperreal Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Theoretically, it could be true, because the LSD will be absorbed into the bloodstream directly through the cheeks, gums and under the tongue. I find it doesn't make a huge difference, though. Edited by: Hyperreal

3. jrock0069

jrock0069 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't think it makes any difference at all. If that were true, then liquid would get you fryed faster than the dots. I have much experience with both and the onset usually takes the same amout of time, no matter what form it is when I take it.

4. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ive always chewed my blotter up and kept it under my tongue(sp?).

5. mariecurie

mariecurie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sublingual absorption, ie. that done under the tongue, is very very
    fast. However since blotter tabs are typically put under the tongue,
    this knowledge is incorporated into standard dosing procedure. I think
    that the extra time LSD takes to come out of the paper (versus liquid
    form) is counteracted by the fact that not many people put the liquid
    under their tongues. Microdots would probably absorb faster if you
    placed them under your tongue as well. Crushing could theoretically
    help, but I'd estimate the benefits would be minimal.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
  6. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    What difference does 2 minutes make?

In my first 12 LSD journey beginnings, I kept careful time data. I wrote down the time of taking it, the time of first notable effects, first zoom, the peak, and what Types of thoughts are occurring at which parts of the journey.

Most of those times (9), I took the blotter under-the-tongue ... the other 3 times were swallowing. At that time, I analyzed my data. When I began under-the-tongue, the first effects were (on average) 2 minutes faster (in other words, not much different).

This also remained true as I took stronger doses (doubles, and one triple). Even at triple-strength, the first effects came at the same time (though the other times, especially the peak-time, changed).

On the other hand, the first zoom (that internal rush) averaged 4 minutes slower (in other words, also no real difference).

I know that these times are true (for my trips), because I wanted to exactly understand some of the psychedelic effects (now seen as impossible to do), AND to help me relax about what to expect in the future (now seen as a great idea).

Now, for the off-setting data. My mind's activities are caused by how powerful I THINK that the Acid is. After that firsttrip, I could imagine feeling some first effects injust a minute or 2 (quite impossible); then, I would realize that I was NOT tripping yet. Even though this feeling faded away in a few seconds (until the real journey began), it was still real (for those few seconds).

Now for my "thoughts" about possible improvement, by chewing up a microdot. I haven't taken it in that form (yet), but it would almost assuredly take a minute or 2 longer for the microdot to disintegrate if it's not chewed up. After all, if I sucked on an M&M, it would take longer for me to taste its chocolate center (but not by long), versus if I ground-up the candy shell.