1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - will donating plasma donate oxy?

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by night tripper, Mar 25, 2011.

1. night tripper

night tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ghost donates plasma around the time she takes her 2nd daily dose of oxy

if she doesn't take it it's a misserable (albiet necessary) experience, but shell suffer through it if theyr'e taking some of her drug with her plasma

1)could she lost any real amount,

2) there's no way they return it w/ you red blood cells right, she could swear she feels like it kicks in in phases with the return

I know my knowledge of how drugs get / stay in blood isn't what it should be and I should know this but I don't
    I know a whole damn chemistry lesson is what is needed but I'm not asking you all for that just an estimation of if she could lose some, and if she does take it before should she take it right before, or let it kick in

if you want to explain why go ahead ill love it but I know thats asking alot and she just needs to know if and when

nicedrug added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

*if she doesn't take it BEFORE donating* not taking it is not an option

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Probably tests positive and gets thrown out.

3. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Oxycodone will definitely be present in blood plasma, since as with most drugs it binds to plasma proteins when in circulation. The level of plasma protein binding for oxycodone is reported to be a relatively high ~45% in this paper:

So some of the oxycodone will leave with the plasma. A small amount of it may find its way back with the returned blood cells, but I'd think the effective dose would be too small for a really noticeable effect. The volume of plasma extracted as a proportion of ghost's total plasma I'd assume to be very small, so the amount of oxycodone being lost should be minimal.

As Potter says, whether it would be considered usable with oxycodone present is another matter.

4. night tripper

night tripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanx much, its hard to do but I think ghost will air on the side of caution, it makes that visit seem SOOO much longer, but when it's over its better that she wiated anyway

so its definatly leaving with the plasma, I guess its just cause they only take a small % of it that it doesn't completly kill it, but givin em any is givin em to much

I had a feelin ghost was trippin thinkin she got high on return anyway, but maybe it's just cause they stop taking part of plasma flow so all of it starts going round again while returning, that she feels the drug kick in more during returns.

as far as drug tests go, she's had to give em blood to test every month or so, if they are testing for drugs, they must like ghost a-lot, cause the only reason she had to stop goin for a while once was protein, her buddy found out from them he's got hep C , so i think that stuff's what they're really concerned about.
    there is a huge % of those that go that are on drugs all the time, I honestly feel from who I've met and seen that at least half the money checks they give out go to drugs or drug debts

thanx alot for the info, I didn't know if this topic belonged here but couldn't find nywhere that looked right, and it is about oxys so...

nicedrug added 8 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

^also, ghosts buddy went in there with crazy track marks + all kinds of drugs in im (before he had to stop), as long as they're not open or infected I think your cool

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011