1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Question - Will hydrocodone show up on 5-panel drug test?

Discussion in 'Drug testing Questions' started by datdude, May 22, 2013.

1. datdude

datdude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    A friend of a friend wants to no if hydrocodone shows up in a 5 panel drug screen? It seems like everything i researchead is 50 50 on the subject. And if 24hrs is enough time for one 7.5 to be out of your system?They are 6ft tall about 200lbs and very active. Thanks.

2. crystal methodist

crystal methodist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Re: got a drug test question

It sure will show up. It is an opiate. I think a safe time for it to be fully out of your system would be a few days. Maybe lots of fluid can help dilute your piss enough, there's a pretty high testing point for opiates.

3. datdude

datdude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male from U.S.A.

A lot of reseaech say its a opiod and will not show up as an opiate because it breaks down diffrent. Guess they will know by tomorrow. Ill keep yall posted.

datdude added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

*research

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  4. Poppyfiend

Poppyfiend Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  5. datdude

datdude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male from U.S.A.

Thanks foe the information. Very helpful. I will let yall know about my friends results.

6. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

I can tell you from experience that it will show up on a 5 panel drug test. Back in high school I was tested at home and the only opiate/opioid I had been using was hydrocodone, and I tested positibe for opiates.

The reason might be that because hydrocodone is metabolized into hydromorphone, and that hydromorphone is structurally similar to morphine, thus causing a positive reading.

Whether or not the amount you took is significant enough to turn a positive for opiates, I don't know.

7. datdude

datdude Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Well here it is a 7 days later and my friend of a friend has not heard anything so he is assuming no news is good news since he still has his job. Which is suprising if they test for hydrocodone because he took one 7.5 24 hours before the drug screen.

8. freebird79

freebird79 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Ok I just had a pre-employment drug screen done. It was a 9 panel spilt specimen test that was sent out from Labcorp. I had taken 3 hydrocodone pills the prior week, with the last pill taken 55 hours prior to the test. I was convinced I would fail. I passed. Now I've researched this and it appears some of these tests are testing for OxyContin/Oxycodone only and that they're testing for impairment levels, not therapeutic levels. There is an argument to be made for what constitutes impaired and therapeutic, but in my case either they did only test for high levels or they didn't test at all for hydro or I got it out of my system in 55 hours. Your guess is as good as mine.