Health - William White Replies to "The Bad News Isn’t In"

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Toxicity, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Toxicity

Toxicity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you remember, White wrote a document called "The Bad News Is In"
    about brain damage caused by DXM. Then, Cliff Anderson wrote "The Bad
    News Isn't In," disproving White's argument.

White has just released his response to Anderson, and White admitted that he was wrong...Check it out here.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2011
  2. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Thank you toxicity, this article has been up for a few months now, I can't believe I never seen it yet. This is exactly as I thought, White blatantly admits to using this to scare people from using dissociatives, although having no ahrd evidence.
    "Third, I discovered that adolescents were making extensive use of DXM and misunderstanding, if not dismissing outright, some of the more measured warnings in the FAQ. In response I made the classic drug war blunder: if they aren't listening, try scaring them."

I am very glad he wrote this, now people can quite using his first document as a reason dissociatives should not be used.

3. Toxicity

Toxicity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    No problem, DXM may just be a little safer then we all thought...

4. D-ToX

D-ToX Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I would like to point out that this is my first message.

and its kinda a flame.....

I would like to state that alot of the users here are probly under 18....also this one of the best Website out there i have found besides the hive and rhoudim that deals with clandestine drug manufacture, hopefully noone under 18 will attempt to do any of the procudeures outlined.....

Okay back to the point That artical is a rebuttle to the guys earlyer statement that the Origanal "the bad news is in" was just a scare tactic and that there was no hard evidence.

he is admitting that dissocitive use "MIGHT" cause damage and this his statements do not have anywhere close to the Factucal Baking ofthe Origanal Authther

SO yes the Bad news is still in, use Dissocitives responsably

DXM is no safer then we origanaly thought

I myself have witnessed and experinced many different levels of damage from different people. I firmly belive that some points of the Origanal Article hit DXM related brain damage right on the nose,

5. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    D-Tox I don't think either of us where trying to say that dxm cannot cause damage to the long-term user. However some of his first document was obviously over exagerated as he admits, but still believes it should be used in caution. More scientific research is needed to really conclude anything.

6. Toxicity

Toxicity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    D-tox, what i meant, in short, was that the brain damage desribed by William
    White years ago as NMDA Antagonist Nuerotoxicity Syndrome (NANS) is in
    part invalid, and that DXM may not cause the longterm side effects
    previously believed (such as the famous "Onlye's Lesions").